4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Day 3 with the 99 max

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2004, 04:56 PM

Day 3 with the 99 max

The maxima is a whole new experience compared to a civic. But steering from the obvious. I've had a couple things in the back of my head (1) the temp gauge is smack in the middle of H and C. Every car I've driven has had the needle pointing more towards the C than the H and never in the middle. (2) Made my clearance lights stay on bright all the time (used the clipper and electrical tape); is there any harm to the harness that I should be careful of? (3) ebay has the indiglo/whiteface gauges for the 98-99 max. the one in the picture has the fuel on the right instead of the left, has anyone bought off of ebay and what were the outcomes? (4) Wanted to buy the 1157 red led lamps for the brakelights all preassembled and they go for 10 bucks a piece. Is there a major difference with them? or just a showy kinda thing. I want my brakelights to really stand out. (5) Wondering if I did the rear red/clear mod, will the blinker side look relatively simliar to the stock backup light lense, is there a huge difference, and if so, what can I do to make it more simliar (6) I was reading the how to's to make the blinker in the front stay on all the time and the author used 1157 sockets with silicon. Is there an easier way?

I realize now most of the stuff is kinda ricey, but ehh it's what I can afford for right now. Thanks in advance to everyone who helps out.
Old 05-23-2004, 05:11 PM
acj

Originally Posted by kbmaxima
...(2) Made my clearance lights stay on bright all the time (used the clipper and electrical tape); is there any harm to the harness that I should be careful of?...

No harm to the harness that I have heard of, but there have been problems with the housing cracking from the heat. I have had mine done (i actually rewired mine) for about 6 months, and no problems yet.

As for the rest of your questions, that was a long post and, well...
Old 05-23-2004, 05:13 PM
THT
Throbbing member

The temp needle is acting normally.

~THT
Old 05-23-2004, 09:20 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by kbmaxima
(1) ebay has the indiglo/whiteface gauges for the 98-99 max. the one in the picture has the fuel on the right instead of the left, has anyone bought off of ebay and what were the outcomes? (2) Wondering if I did the rear red/clear mod, will the blinker side look relatively simliar to the stock backup light lense, is there a huge difference, and if so, what can I do to make it more simliar.
1.)i don't have any of these but i hear that you will have to modify the needles cuz they rub up on the gauges. contact ohannon7 he has some of these.
2.) Depending on what kind of plastic lense that you use will it looks similar. I don't think that there would be a hugh difference but if there is just do the trunk lights. If you don't want to do the mod yourself get them from www.custommaxima.com
Old 05-24-2004, 05:12 AM

probably on most of your other cars, the temp guage was a dummy guage, only going up to hot when there was a real problem. i think the maxima's gauge is more accurate. no problem. mine does the same.
Old 05-24-2004, 08:22 AM
Still kickin'

for the indiglo's, don't worry about it, they prolly just have them in the wrong spot, or it's not a pic of the maxima gauges...places on ebay do that alot.