4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Heated Mirrors?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2004, 05:28 AM

Heated Mirrors?

I got 'em on my QX4 and would love 'em on the Max. Is this doable?
Old 06-03-2004, 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by Godzillamax
I got 'em on my QX4 and would love 'em on the Max. Is this doable?
mine came with heated mirrors stock. maybe you can do a swap from a junk yard or something
Old 06-03-2004, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by C MAX
mine came with heated mirrors stock. maybe you can do a swap from a junk yard or something
What I want to know is if anyone has actiually done this and what's involved.
Old 06-03-2004, 06:58 AM
Do I get a tax break?

I would imagine it take some work to get this to work right - since the heated mirrors switch on/off with the rear defrost switch. I imagine you already have the power available at the mirrors (from the powered mirror source)... but you would have to get the mirrors with the heating elements and probably some sort of harness to tap into the defrost switch... doable yes, but it might be one of those things like auto-climate control - that is just not worth the effort/expense...
Old 06-03-2004, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by njmodi
I would imagine it take some work to get this to work right - since the heated mirrors switch on/off with the rear defrost switch. I imagine you already have the power available at the mirrors (from the powered mirror source)... but you would have to get the mirrors with the heating elements and probably some sort of harness to tap into the defrost switch... doable yes, but it might be one of those things like auto-climate control - that is just not worth the effort/expense...
Yeah, your probably right. And thinking about it, it would mean ripping out the door panels to access the mirror wiring to add another line to the defrost button. I'm not willing to do that...yet. It's just such a pain in bad weather to have to wipe the mirrors.
Old 06-03-2004, 07:19 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

As far as I know, there are 2 wires that need to be connected for the heat source. They have a seperate harness, so power just plugs into the normal one you already have. In fact I think our cars might even be prewired for heated mirrors (I believe I had an excess harness when I took mine off - I do NOT have heated mirrors). It shouldn't take you more than 30 minutes to check for one.
If anybody is interested in this, I have a pair of While 4th Gen heated mirrors in good condition.
Thanks,
-Cyrus
Old 06-03-2004, 07:29 AM

Auto-climat controll not worth the effort? Well it's all about how much you love your car I guess... I have it stock, and if it wouldn't be on my car I would build it in... It's such a cool looking thing in the dash!
Old 06-03-2004, 07:37 AM
Do I get a tax break?

I have it stock too... not worth the effort implied what it would take to retrofit the car... many on the org have pondered adding climate control - but even the most sophisticated modders and DIYers have decided against it - because of the complexity/parts expense...

I do agree that its an awesome feature - I have it too and I love it...
Old 06-03-2004, 07:41 AM
Back in the Max

how do you know if u have it, i have a 95 gle with every option, but i cant tell if i have heated mirrors cause there is no switch
Old 06-03-2004, 07:44 AM
Do I get a tax break?

If you have heated seats, then you have heated mirrors... the both came as part of the same package... the heat for the mirrors turns on/off with the rear defroster. The heated seat buttons should be near the center console near the E-brake.
Old 06-03-2004, 08:04 AM
Back in the Max

i have the switch for the heated seats, but i cant tell if the heated mirrors works or not, my heated seat switches dont lite up too, so i dont know if they work anymore too
Old 06-03-2004, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by Vyrus
As far as I know, there are 2 wires that need to be connected for the heat source. They have a seperate harness, so power just plugs into the normal one you already have. In fact I think our cars might even be prewired for heated mirrors (I believe I had an excess harness when I took mine off - I do NOT have heated mirrors). It shouldn't take you more than 30 minutes to check for one.
If anybody is interested in this, I have a pair of While 4th Gen heated mirrors in good condition.
Thanks,
-Cyrus
Prewired? That would be awesome. I have to check that one out. Thanks!
Old 06-03-2004, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by joeynym
i have the switch for the heated seats, but i cant tell if the heated mirrors works or not, my heated seat switches dont lite up too, so i dont know if they work anymore too
it should also say heated mirror on the mirror. thats how i first realized i had it. brought the car second hand and all i knew was it came fully loaded with whatever.
Old 06-03-2004, 09:01 AM
Do I get a tax break?

Originally Posted by joeynym
Check your fuses....
Old 06-03-2004, 09:05 AM
Hella internets

Originally Posted by Vyrus
Thanks,
-Cyrus

I just recently just installed a new passenger side mirror and noticed that there was an extra (pre-wired) female connector on the door. To me it looked like something related to the mirror... You might want to try and use that connector , or just take your door panel off and check the connector to see if the heated mirrors hook up 2 it...From what i have seen im almost 99.9% sure that our cars are prewired for the heated mirrors, regardless of if you got the mirrors heated or not.. (concidering i DONT have heated mirrors)
Old 06-03-2004, 09:06 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

In my last max i had everything except for traction control. it was a 5-speed. i loved the auto climate control. I dont have it in my new one though cause i couldnt find one with it stock. I do miss it a hell of a lot but what can you do. Its not worth the money to install one now.
Old 06-03-2004, 03:38 PM

As it was stated earlier - if you have heated seats then you have heated mirrors. They go on when you turn on the seat heat. To test apply a small amount of water mist onto the mirror - then wait about 2 minutes and you should start seeing a small square that is drying in the middle of the mirror. Then it works.
Old 06-04-2004, 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by 95-96Maximas
As it was stated earlier - if you have heated seats then you have heated mirrors. They go on when you turn on the seat heat. To test apply a small amount of water mist onto the mirror - then wait about 2 minutes and you should start seeing a small square that is drying in the middle of the mirror. Then it works.

?????????

my heated mirrors go on with the rear defroster button.
Old 06-04-2004, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by twiggy144
?????????

my heated mirrors go on with the rear defroster button.
mine too...dude made a small boo-boo.
FLO_BOY
Old 06-04-2004, 10:48 AM
Custom User Title

Try this . Its for a 5th gen but it will prob work for you guys.