4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

factory alarm beep mod

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2004, 09:00 PM

factory alarm beep mod

does anyone have instructions for doing this without the relay? i read the write up in the sticky but that was with a relay and i know i read something about it not being required. i dunno if you just bypass the relay or what. i am going to be doing this to my car this week since i have some free time. oh and what would be better a big *** buzzer or a medium one cuz i saw a huge one at radioshack yesterday for like 12 bucks. thanks for the help guys.
Old 06-08-2004, 08:27 AM

bump can anyone give me a link or writeup pplease
Old 06-08-2004, 03:35 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I just did this mod, here we go, 1st you have right idea for the bigger beeper. follow the plan in the "how to", just skip the relay info/misinfo. in addition to the beeper you'll need some elec tape,heat shrink, solder , soldering iron/gun, and 22ga. wire, or any very small gauge wire in red & black ( it just helps to keep everything in line) but only about a foot each. tap into the orange/ green stripe wire with the red & tap into the solid orange with the black. i soldered all connections. there's a rubber grommet in the same area in the trunk with wires running out behind the bumper, run your red & black wires thru that. b4 you mount the beeper to the under side of the bumper, solder on the wires r-r & b-b. i put mine under the bumper so i could hear it. in the trunk was a joke!! if i left out a step or you got a question, let me know!! this knowledge was shared acj and bearded. it works!
Old 06-08-2004, 03:52 PM

sweet thanks a lot, im gonna go to radio shack tonight and buy a few different buzzers and see which one sounds the best.
Old 06-08-2004, 04:41 PM

post sound clips when you finish
Old 06-08-2004, 06:13 PM
acj

Originally Posted by nitromax
I just did this mod, here we go, 1st you have right idea for the bigger beeper. follow the plan in the "how to", just skip the relay info/misinfo. in addition to the beeper you'll need some elec tape,heat shrink, solder , soldering iron/gun, and 22ga. wire, or any very small gauge wire in red & black ( it just helps to keep everything in line) but only about a foot each. tap into the orange/ green stripe wire with the red & tap into the solid orange with the black. i soldered all connections. there's a rubber grommet in the same area in the trunk with wires running out behind the bumper, run your red & black wires thru that. b4 you mount the beeper to the under side of the bumper, solder on the wires r-r & b-b. i put mine under the bumper so i could hear it. in the trunk was a joke!! if i left out a step or you got a question, let me know!! this knowledge was shared acj and bearded. it works!

nitromax, nice write-up---someone needs to add this to the how-to's or to one of the other stickies for a quick reference. Maybe it will help with the relay questions, if not, thats what we're here for, right!?!

This is definitely a worthwhile mod…if not for the convenience of having it “beep”, but for the attention you get because of it.

Adam
Old 06-08-2004, 07:05 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

thanks Adam, man. absolutely, positively, & yep!! and i'll add this---i love it when stuff works out and someone takes the next step to make it better. i didn't think about bigger beepers while in radio shack. pass it on!
Old 06-08-2004, 08:37 PM

didn't make it to radio shack tonight but ill be there for sure either tomorow or thursday and ill probably buy like 3 different ones and test them out, hopefully they'll let me return them. ill post clips when finished if i ever figure out how to
Old 06-09-2004, 02:06 AM
V^___^V

http://www.vqpower.com/v2/modules.ph...howpage&pid=39
Old 06-09-2004, 06:35 PM

well i got it done, works great only took me like 10 minutes to do cuz i just shoved the wires into the relay instead of splicing them. i bought 2 different buzzers at radio shack. a little 3 dollar one that i found out is the same as the one in that write up^, and i bought a $10 buzzer which i found out when i hoooked it up was a siren/alarm so i didn't use that one. if you guys are going to do this i suggest just getting the cheap 3 dollar one works good enough, just sounds like a high pitched chirp
Old 06-10-2004, 11:46 AM

had some extra time today so i went out and bought the little buzzer and installed it. pretty easy mod but it doesnt sound that loud because i just left it where it was and didnt extended it out to the bumper. all in all.. this was a pretty cool mod. makes the car sound more high tech!