4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Opinions on R34 Body Kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2004, 05:12 PM

Opinions on R34 Body Kit

I was looking at this body kit:

http://www.grounddynamics.com/Templa...484&SearchYN=N

(The one on the white Maxima)

And i was wondering if anybody had any opinions to help my decision on whether to buy it or not.
Old 06-15-2004, 05:51 PM

bodykits are stricly opinion my friend... as far as fitment or w/e for the kit on the white max, idk cuz i would never spend money on anything from that link...

well, the side skirts on the orange max are ok...

if i were to recommend you to buy it or not? umm, id say yes only if it will suit the look you invision for your ride...
Old 06-15-2004, 06:31 PM
Doin' it 4 da shorteez

Theres no place for the corner lights, if you do, hope you do not catch a bored cop who gets you for no front turn signal.
Old 06-15-2004, 06:57 PM
Banned

i like.

10char
Old 06-15-2004, 07:56 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Turbo1er
Theres no place for the corner lights, if you do, hope you do not catch a bored cop who gets you for no front turn signal.

You can always add a wire from your turn signal to your clearance lights by your headlights. Then you can have a front side marker and a blinker. Not hard to do. I've done it when I got rid of my bumper lights
Old 06-15-2004, 07:57 PM

you can just wire up your parking light to blink and throw an amber bulb in there.
Old 06-15-2004, 09:09 PM

The front bumper on the whites max looks pretty good but as other said, no blinkers. The rear looks awful though, doesn't match the max at all, and sides of the orange max looks good
Old 06-16-2004, 08:55 AM
Doin' it 4 da shorteez

I pretty much figured there was a way to rewire the turn signal but ultimatly as for my opinion I like the Skyline style they have at custommaxima better cause I like the corners, but like they said, it is up to you and your tastes, do what you feel you would like, I did not hesitate to get the Skyline style put on mine and im glad I did cause I love the way it looks.
Old 06-16-2004, 09:42 AM

I think it is butt - ugly.....just like the Skyline one.
Don't do it, or risk becoming a really riced maxima. Yuck!
Old 06-16-2004, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Brudaddy
Ok, thanks for the help guys.
Old 06-16-2004, 07:06 PM

I wouldn't care what he says. Brudaddy is allergic to rice, so his opinion is biased. "All stock is better MAN", yeah right. Get what you like, most kits are an improvement anyways. Makes your cars appearence far more unique than any other mod period.
Old 06-16-2004, 07:09 PM
Doin' it 4 da shorteez

Like I said, it is up to you, you will get guys like this that like there Max's lookin like there grandpa's Max (straight outa the dealership.) But if you feel you would like a different looking Max from all the stock ones around you, go for it. nothing wrong with it, I have received more complements from the front bumper change. When my Max looked stock, no one gave a sh*t what it was, thats also why I am not planning on shaving the trunk, when I pass em up I want them to know shes a Max. Only prob is, now that I have a few performance upgrades as well, no one wants to challenge her anymore, lol, although I gave a G35 a good run for its money the other night.
Old 06-16-2004, 07:39 PM
Project Ruby......

He already has a fairly rare Maxima so its not your run of the mill "grandpa" Maximas that roll off the dealership. He has the hot Crimzon Blaze Red.

As for the body kit, its up too you. My opinion its ugly, screws with the flow of the car. IMO, the best kit is Stillens, not very flashy, but sets off the car so much better. It's all about taste, and 7eyesopen lots of kits aren't going to be an improvement. I don't know if you've seen your local Civics lately, but lots of the kits on those things are nasty as hell, and it goes with most all cars. There are very few kits that are tastefully done now-a-days, but thats my own opinion.

Do what you want too do QuickFast, in the end its your ride.
Old 06-16-2004, 07:50 PM
Doin' it 4 da shorteez

Yes Brudaddy's Max's color is unique, but most others are not. It is up to you QuickFast, you can have us fighting all day over kits or not, but it is ultimatly yours, do whats best for it.

Edit: I must add, with the color of the Max's, the shop I went to to get the front end painted said they could get it at least 97 percent close to the pearl white of my Max (they were still a huge prob anyway, have a post about it in the consumer section) but it still came out a good bit off the pearl so think of the paint job as well.
Old 06-16-2004, 08:33 PM

The kit looks alright. IMO the best look is with a stillen kit, dropped, and rims. But then you would be like so many of the maximas on here. But if you got this it would be more unique...
Old 06-16-2004, 08:57 PM

uggghh... body kits??

If it were me, I wouldn't get it. IMO, body kits are for Civics, Accords, Preludes, Cavaliers, and all the other cars that come to mind. Save your money and get other mods, or just go to Best Buy and buy the place out. The Stillen lip is by far the best looking "body kit" out there.

BTW, "allergic to rice" ????? I'd be p*ssed if you said that to me.
Old 06-16-2004, 09:38 PM

If you really like that kit than it’s your choice, but that kit is pretty ugly/ricey IMO and does not belong on a max. I agree that the Stillen kit is the best looking kit out there and fits the max perfectly. And not only does it look good but it fits perfect, is durable and fairly priced at $700. Many people on the org may have it, but I have only seen two maximas in real life with the kit. So around my area it would be considered “rare”.
Old 06-17-2004, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by MidwestMaX1
uggghh... body kits??

If it were me, I wouldn't get it. IMO, body kits are for Civics, Accords, Preludes, Cavaliers, and all the other cars that come to mind. Save your money and get other mods, or just go to Best Buy and buy the place out. The Stillen lip is by far the best looking "body kit" out there.

BTW, "allergic to rice" ????? I'd be p*ssed if you said that to me.
p*ssed? Why? It's just another way of saying he's anti-rice, and RICE is very broad. IMO a body kit alone is NOT rice. If you think it's rice, then some cars come riced from the dealership. The accessories rice out the car: Examples (neon, stickers, big wings, multiple colors, funky mirrors). The R34 is not one of the better kits IMO, but if he likes it so be it.
Old 06-17-2004, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by Turbo1er
Yes Brudaddy's Max's color is unique, but most others are not. It is up to you QuickFast, you can have us fighting all day over kits or not, but it is ultimatly yours, do whats best for it.

Edit: I must add, with the color of the Max's, the shop I went to to get the front end painted said they could get it at least 97 percent close to the pearl white of my Max (they were still a huge prob anyway, have a post about it in the consumer section) but it still came out a good bit off the pearl so think of the paint job as well.
Yes it is a more unique color, but that doesn't mean its better off stock. Personally I don't care for the red. It's too bright and flat. Maybe theres a good reason why only so many were made.
Old 06-17-2004, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by 7EyesOpen
I wouldn't care what he says. Brudaddy is allergic to rice, so his opinion is biased. "All stock is better MAN", yeah right. Get what you like, most kits are an improvement anyways. Makes your cars appearence far more unique than any other mod period.
And since I said anyone should keep their maxima "all stock" that is a correct statement. Don't put words into my mouth, NEWBIE!

What do you call clear corners, yellow bulbs in all side lights, y-pipe, custom b-pipe, Rear Sway Bar, 5th gen muffler....etc? Those are mods, BTW.

My car could smoke your car any day....and that is what I mod for.
Old 06-17-2004, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by 4DRSpeed
He already has a fairly rare Maxima so its not your run of the mill "grandpa" Maximas that roll off the dealership. He has the hot Crimzon Blaze Red.
+1
How many grandpa's do you know that drive a bright red 5spd car? ha ha ha

As for the body kit, its up too you. My opinion its ugly, screws with the flow of the car. IMO, the best kit is Stillens, not very flashy, but sets off the car so much better.
Exactly what I was saying. I am not saying that there are no body kits that are good, but they are very few. The stillen one is very classy looking. Do you really want your Maxima to look like a Cavalier or Civic? I don't. I just don't like the body kit in question(or the skyline) because it messes with the sleek lines of the already beautiful Maxima like 4drspeed said.

It's all about taste, and 7eyesopen lots of kits aren't going to be an improvement. I don't know if you've seen your local Civics lately, but lots of the kits on those things are nasty as hell, and it goes with most all cars. There are very few kits that are tastefully done now-a-days, but thats my own opinion.
Once again, very well said.
Old 06-17-2004, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by MidwestMaX1
uggghh... body kits??

If it were me, I wouldn't get it. IMO, body kits are for Civics, Accords, Preludes, Cavaliers, and all the other cars that come to mind.
If they are done right (don't look anything like Civic or those, unlike this one).

Save your money and get other mods,
More of my philosophy. Why not get something that you will actually have more fun with, not just always be complaining that it is tearing up when you are dragging it on the ground?

The Stillen lip is by far the best looking "body kit" out there.
+1.
Old 06-17-2004, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by 7EyesOpen
p*ssed? Why? It's just another way of saying he's anti-rice, and RICE is very broad.
You got that right...I am anti-rice.....and most of the classy maxima owners are. They don't want to make their nice Maxima look like a Cavalier.

IMO a body kit alone is NOT rice.
Depends on the body kit....this one........RICE!

If you think it's rice, then some cars come riced from the dealership.
Yup, sure do.
Old 06-17-2004, 08:59 AM

yeah the only piece of a body kit i would put on my car would be a front lip and it would be very small
Old 06-17-2004, 09:36 AM

the stillen aero kit is decent. very subtle. just the front lip, side skirts, and those things on the sides of the rear bumper. just adds a little flavor, and IMO don't get the kit....i'm not crazy about huge gaudy bodykits anyways.
Old 06-17-2004, 11:50 AM

What is a rice car?
Old 06-17-2004, 12:20 PM

the white kit is way too busy..it looks bad if it's too much...especially the side skirst n the rear bumper....in my opinion get the stillen lips...not only do they look better...but they also fit much better..
Old 06-17-2004, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by QuickFast
What is a rice car?
Search "rice cars" or "ricer" on Google. Funny stuff.
Old 06-17-2004, 12:26 PM

ive actually seen that kit in person...i do like body kits, but in person theirs a little gap between the head lights and bumper the guy said he had it professionally put on, and doesnt flow to well with the rest of the car...it would look better on a 3rd gen.
Old 06-17-2004, 12:28 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

This kit looks bad! And I don't mean that in a good way!
No....don't.
Old 06-17-2004, 12:29 PM
Doin' it 4 da shorteez

Originally Posted by QuickFast
What is a rice car?
There is not a real definate answer on the meaning of a rice car, that is also an expression based on a persons belief, different people have different views on what constitutes "rice."
Old 06-17-2004, 12:41 PM

Exactly, "typical" maxima owners(classy with performance in mind) have different views of what constitutes "rice" than "typical" Honda owners(cheap plastic everything)
Old 06-17-2004, 12:43 PM

i think those body kits just make maximas look ugly, i also agree with you i dont like the skyline body kit either, if your going to do something just go with stillen, nice and clean, thats just my 2 cents though
Old 06-17-2004, 12:56 PM

thers too many dumb @ss's on here to ask if a body kit is gonna look good or not. Im pretty sure I've heard that the white one has sh!tty fitament though
Old 06-17-2004, 02:42 PM

I have heard the same thing, ohannon7.

The sarona kit can look good with a stillen front lip. That is the only thing on the front that I like though.
Old 06-17-2004, 03:45 PM

if you are interested there is a group deal for the urethene skyline kit for $745.00 shipping included.

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=318668
Old 06-18-2004, 07:34 AM

And since I said anyone should keep their maxima "all stock" that is a correct statement. Don't put words into my mouth, NEWBIE!

What do you call clear corners, yellow bulbs in all side lights, y-pipe, custom b-pipe, Rear Sway Bar, 5th gen muffler....etc? Those are mods, BTW.

My car could smoke your car any day....and that is what I mod for.
I'm not as new as you might think Brudaddy. "Most body kits are improvements", You could say I was being a wise a$$ intentionally. It's funny how some of you guys get all heated up on some of these threads. I actually agree with some of what you said. The R34 is rather civic like. The Sarona V1, Stillen, and M-bumper look nice thou. Not a lot of molding lines. Just IMO.
Old 06-18-2004, 09:44 AM

That is what I said.
There are some kits out there that don't mess with the lines of the car that are gorgeous already....R34 is not one of them. They are very few though.

Just to set the record straight...you are a NEWB. You didn't join until this month. (Not that it matters all that much, but you said you are not as new as I might think.).