4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

PROBLEM: car doesn't start

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2004, 10:22 PM

PROBLEM: car doesn't start

hey, i just picked up my max, 99 SE supercharged...and i bought it knowing there were engine problems, now i just gotta figure out wut they are, maybe u guys can help. ok so at first i drove it home on monday, 2 hour ride, ran fine and strong, got home parked it for liek 20min then went out again. after i reached my destination parked it and i go to start the car to show it to somebody but it doesn't start, after like 2min i finally get it started by holdin the key down for a few seconds at a time and pumping the gas (but pumping the gas didnt seem to help much). after i got it started i had to keep the rpms up cuz if i let it go the car would stall. so the whole way home, everytime i stopped it would stall. next day i go to mech, we clean out throttle and adjust the BOV (cuz it was leakin a little). that seems to make teh car stop stallin wen it was stopped. after that the car ran fine. THEN, i went to get gas, came home, shut the car off, then went to start it, it WOULDN"T start......then finally after like 2min of trying it started.....after that it ran fine. then today i took it on the highway went to someones house, parked it...then i was takin the car out of the drive way it started up, but it was kinda a steep driveway and at that lil hump at the top of the driveway i stalled (make fun of me all u want...it happens sumtimes....lol) then i tried to start it again....nuttin....so after tryin to start it...for like 2min it finally started up. then i park it again...after like 30min it take my friends who hadn't seen the car for a ride, pushed it a little and then parked it....then i tried to start it again...nuttin....i let it sit for like a few min then started it up and it worked......

i really dont know wuts wrong but it seems to be happening after i push it a lil and go above 4 or 5k rpms.

any suggestions?
Old 07-04-2004, 03:32 AM

You might want to post this in the SC/Turbo forum. It sounds to me like there is some kind of a fuel problem. Maybe like your running to rich & it's fouling the spark plugs. I'm not positive on that but you deffinitly can get all the help you need in the SC/Turbo forum. Check it out & when you post there in the subject put ? for Jay25, Shadow & Mishap. Those guy's seem to know there stuff so make sure to direct your question towards them.
Old 07-04-2004, 06:36 AM

check here i got the same problem but my max is not supercharged and if u'll find a problem let me know. Nissan dealer can't figure out whats wrong with my MAX
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....4&goto=newpost