4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

"Euro diamond cut clear corners" anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 10:05 PM

Your point is well taken. Perhaps the Procarpart lamp is a little different from the oem 98 corners. Who knows.

Originally Posted by DAVE Sz
Then apparently those guys are idiots since I'v had SLIMER's 98 headlights and corner lights on my 96 for a LOOOOOOONG time.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:08 PM

Those corners are hot! and will be in the mail come monday!
Old 07-23-2004, 11:07 PM

holy crap

didn't think this post would come out like this!

maybe with these lenses it wouldnt be necessary to do a clearance light rewire/hack to make them brighter
Old 07-23-2004, 11:23 PM

They look cheap on Accords and they will probably be the same on Maximas...
Old 07-23-2004, 11:41 PM
VIP Maxima

Originally Posted by Ludacris
They look cheap on Accords and they will probably be the same on Maximas...

that is exactly what i was trying to say in my orignal post.

just way too damn clear compared to headlights. will ruin the look

Old 07-23-2004, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by 98SterlingMaxSE

that is exactly what i was trying to say in my orignal post.

just way too damn clear compared to headlights. will ruin the look
but the headlights are clear and clearance aren't stock; they actually look like they'd match the headlights perfectly. if you look closely at th eimage it even appears that there are horizontal lines that look like they would match up with the ones that exist on the plastic headlight lense.

granted i can't vouch for how it will look with an 1157 sitting so close to a clear lense, but that is the only thing that I can think of that would make them unattractive. perhaps a polarg bulb that is blue might not be so horrible; only pictures will tell the truth
Old 07-24-2004, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by tomservo291
but the headlights are clear and clearance aren't stock; they actually look like they'd match the headlights perfectly. if you look closely at th eimage it even appears that there are horizontal lines that look like they would match up with the ones that exist on the plastic headlight lense.

granted i can't vouch for how it will look with an 1157 sitting so close to a clear lense, but that is the only thing that I can think of that would make them unattractive. perhaps a polarg bulb that is blue might not be so horrible; only pictures will tell the truth
Well the accord headlights are also clear like ours...and with the clear corner lamp they look cheap imo...
Old 07-24-2004, 09:01 AM

i have the 97-98 headlight conversion on my 96, those lights look like they match up perfect (the horizontal lines and even the chrome on the inside)
unixadm tell us how it is after install thanx
Old 07-28-2004, 06:21 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Okay - I received the corners today from Procarparts.com.

Do they fit a 95-96? Answer = YES

The only thing I had to do was use the original bulb socket and harness from the old corner lamp. My 95 has a 3 pin connector, while the new corners only came with a 2 pin connector. 10 seconds to swap the harness and bulb over and I was set. I have removed the corner since my new headlights are not here yet (97-99 clear style), but I wanted to test fit to show you all my findings.

Check out my basic cardomain site for pictures: http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/652821
Old 07-28-2004, 06:44 PM

That looks hot.........it's hella clear! I wonder if those Hyper white Polarg bulbs would look whiter now. Might be a better match for super white or polar white headlight bulbs.

So basically, the only difference is socket connection. However, the stock socket, already in the Maxima, will fit the new corner lamps.......right?

Originally Posted by unixadm
Okay - I received the corners today from Procarparts.com.

Do they fit a 95-96? Answer = YES

The only thing I had to do was use the original bulb socket and harness from the old corner lamp. My 95 has a 3 pin connector, while the new corners only came with a 2 pin connector. 10 seconds to swap the harness and bulb over and I was set. I have removed the corner since my new headlights are not here yet (97-99 clear style), but I wanted to test fit to show you all my findings.

Check out my basic cardomain site for pictures: http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/652821
Old 07-28-2004, 07:37 PM

why dont we try and set up a group deal with PCP, since alot of ppl are ordering why not see if we can get a discount??
Old 07-28-2004, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by 2DaMax
So basically, the only difference is socket connection. However, the stock socket, already in the Maxima, will fit the new corner lamps.......right?
Yep. Use the stock socket and harness on a 95-96 from the original corner lamp. The housing designs are basically exactly the same with the clips and mounting brackets in the exact same spot.

I'll post more pics once I get the new headlamps in, do the 9007 conversion and the upgraded headlight harness. One of my capsules is damaged, and they show a good deal of wear and pitting.

I think once I get everything installed, it will improve the front end look on the 95-96.
Old 07-28-2004, 08:36 PM

I had run into these a while back cause my friend got something for his Toyota. I got them but like Torgus said, im afraid to put them in the oven.

Now the lights are made to light up the side of the road. From the factory it doesnt really work cause the color is really brown but with a piaa and a quick snip of the knub, it lights up everything. They even match the color of the HID's nicely.
oh yea... its not rice.
Old 07-28-2004, 08:40 PM
Always sunny in philly

clear bumpers are clear bumpers. Ebay has the same shiznit called "euros", and cost about 17 dollars cheaper.
Old 07-28-2004, 09:53 PM
Banned

come on some one go do the ae mod to them.
i want these puppies bad...so clear....so hot...

i'm surprised the org hasn't shouted out RICE yet.
Old 07-28-2004, 10:00 PM

WOW, those are nice, im glad my right corner is cracked, for sure going to buy those.

97 MAXIMA SE
Old 07-28-2004, 10:07 PM

yea i have a crack in my corner light so i have an excuse to get these, but then again i wanted to get those cefiro 1 pc. decisions decisions
Old 07-28-2004, 11:34 PM

so then whats better? the ones on ebay or the ones on procarparts?
Old 07-29-2004, 12:13 AM
Hooooooonda.....

Originally Posted by Nismotic
clear bumpers are clear bumpers. Ebay has the same shiznit called "euros", and cost about 17 dollars cheaper.
Wanna bet? We're talking about the clearance lights. You were obviously too pre-occupied to read any of this thread and realize we aren't talking about clear corners.
Old 07-29-2004, 01:24 AM

I don't know if I like the fact you can see the socket.

If I do it I might paint the socket black to make it less noticeable. Besides that it looks good.

These would look like crap in those would'nt they?
Old 07-29-2004, 07:56 AM

It comes with dark grey bulb sockets, but like I said I couldn't use them due to the connector being different.
Old 07-29-2004, 08:27 AM
^ Jeff™

I am ordering these for a friend today...I will post pics if they aren't up by then.
Old 07-29-2004, 08:57 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member and Maxima.org Sponsor

Originally Posted by gto400no1
they look nice, but i have heard some bad things about procarparts not always selling quality products so for that reason i am a bit hesitent to buy them although i think they would look really nice on our cars.

But you have their tails on their car? That's odd...
Old 07-29-2004, 09:00 AM

For my friends birthday i got him clear corners from there and he has never had a problem with them. I would say not to go with ebay cause my fog lights were cracked. Got 2 new ones for $180 and not a week went by and the left fog cracked. Maybe cause they were made out of glass....
Old 07-29-2004, 10:05 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Midknight MAXX

If I do it I might paint the socket black to make it less noticeable. Besides that it looks good.

These would look like crap in those would'nt they?

those bulbs might look ok in there, possibly paint the angle piece chrome. but the LEDs wouldn't light up the reflector at all.

i bet if you blacked-out the entire housing with one of those it might look interesting...possible some other led bulbs from http://autolumination.com/1156_1157.htm or something
Old 07-29-2004, 01:57 PM

Good point...I hadn't noticed it til you pointed it out. That's probably why the OEM ones aren't as clear as these and the socket orientation is higher....the sockets are less noticeable then. Now I'm hesitating on getting these. I gotta make a decision: 1) clear but visible sockets, eye-catching, weird but I might get used to it, brighter/whiter lighting or 2) stay with stock ones, sockets remains less conspicuous, yellowish lighting.

Originally Posted by Midknight MAXX
Old 07-29-2004, 02:55 PM

Fitment appears to be good in the photos, is it MidkightMaxx?

97 MAXIMA SE
Old 07-29-2004, 03:08 PM
Hella internets

that looks nice, you think if i did the 97 conversion they would fit?
Old 07-29-2004, 03:26 PM

i like those ALOT... all you would need is the all clear bumper lenses to match and youd be set. And of course 97-99 heads too.

Ant
Old 08-02-2004, 08:02 PM

My 97-99 Headlight capsules showed up today, so I installed the diamond clear corners. I think the car looks SOOOO much better with the clear lamps. My stock headlight capsules were very pitted and the right side had a hole in it from a rock. So it was time for a new set.

Click on the WWW icon below my post to get to my cardomain site where I have a few new pictures on page 2 of these corners installed with the new capsules.
Old 08-02-2004, 11:26 PM

Pretty nice!!!

Wonder how the AE mod would look with the headlights and corner lamps. But then the bumper lights might stick out too much so perhaps smoking them a bit would blend everything nicely.

My 97-99 Headlight capsules showed up today, so I installed the diamond clear corners. I think the car looks SOOOO much better with the clear lamps. My stock headlight capsules were very pitted and the right side had a hole in it from a rock. So it was time for a new set.

Click on the WWW icon below my post to get to my cardomain site where I have a few new pictures on page 2 of these corners installed with the new capsules.
Old 08-03-2004, 01:31 AM

Unixadm,

Maybe you should contact pro car parts and inform them that the corner lamps will install ok on the 95-96 models. Just make sure before you expalin to them how to make them work on the 95-96 models that you work something into the deal for yourself maybe you can receive a refund or possibly another part they carry that you would like to own for providing them the information. That would dramatically increase the amount of sales they would have with this part because they wouldn't verbally limit there sales strictly to 97-99 models via lack of information. It is deffinitly worth a shot & since you were the first org member to make the attempt you deserve it!!!
Old 08-04-2004, 05:52 PM

How much is he selling the headlights for? BTW, those corners look to gawdy to me. Too much shine or something. I still like the euro corners and getting used to them. I retract my previous statement too regarding the socket location of the stock corners being to high, it's actually at the same general location, the only difference is the stock conceils the bulb more than the euros. The euros and the 97-99 headlamp housings match well, their reflectors have the same style too. Therefore, the 97-99 headlamps + euro corners have now been added to my 97-99 front-end conversion list with the last item being a Stillen lip.

Unixadm,

I've been coming across these chrome coated bulbs that are suppose to shine super white bright lights. I found Xenon gas filled ones, chrome coated at Autozone for $6.99 a piece, but I think their overwattage though. Anyhow, I think the chrome coated bulbs would look good in the euro corners since it would blend better with the reflectors inside. What do you think?

I don't see what the difference is. I was looking on Ebay for a set of 97-99 Headlights to install in my 95. One of mine has a rock chip and I like the clear look better. I'm doing the 9007 and harness upgrade too.

As I searched Ebay and found a set of headlights for a good price, I also noticed this guy sells 97-99 corner lamps. He states they fit 97-99 and 95-96 as well. Perhaps it's the 'look' and not the 'size' that's different. I'm buying a set and will make them work on my car along with the headlights from Ebay. I think it would look sweet. Here's the link for reference only for the corners. The diamond corners with the 95-96 Headlights would look awful.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=7911772611
Old 08-04-2004, 06:07 PM

BTW......does anyone know what the wattage of the stock 1157 bulb is?
Old 08-04-2004, 06:26 PM

2DaMax,

I think the bulb wattage is 10w on the high side & 27w on the low side. This meaning when you do the brighter light mod you will end up using the 27w side of the bulb. If you look in the how-to's under the brighter clearence light mod you may find more info on this.

Also, I think that pep boy's or autozone even sell a silver/chrome bulb that will light up amber when it's on.
Old 08-04-2004, 06:43 PM

I read the how-to in the VQPower DYI page, no info on wattage. I thought 10w is the low side, 27w is the high side because of the higher wattage rating. So 10w would be the one that's always on, then when you active the turn signals, the 27w would kick in thus it lights up brighter. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Originally Posted by nostrixoxide
2DaMax,

I think the bulb wattage is 10w on the high side & 27w on the low side. This meaning when you do the brighter light mod you will end up using the 27w side of the bulb. If you look in the how-to's under the brighter clearence light mod you may find more info on this.

Also, I think that pep boy's or autozone even sell a silver/chrome bulb that will light up amber when it's on.
Old 08-04-2004, 06:55 PM

Um, the corner lamp's (next to the head lights) do not blink unless you have rewired them to do so. When these lamp's are on they are only using the 10w side of the bulb. But when you modify the bulbs to be brighter you are using the 27w side of the bulb, hence brighter light.
Old 08-04-2004, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by 2DaMax
How much is he selling the headlights for? BTW, those corners look to gawdy to me. Too much shine or something. I still like the euro corners and getting used to them.

Unixadm,

I've been coming across these chrome coated bulbs that are suppose to shine super white bright lights. I found Xenon gas filled ones, chrome coated at Autozone for $6.99 a piece, but I think their overwattage though. Anyhow, I think the chrome coated bulbs would look good in the euro corners since it would blend better with the reflectors inside. What do you think?
I got the headlights from this guy for $131 and change plus shipping and they come with 9004 bulbs. They are pretty nice. Not quite OEM quality in terms of the adjuster tightness, but the capsule is very nice. I don't think I could have done better and he shipped them out right away.

I'll have to go check out the bulbs at AutoZone. I work for AutoZone (well ALLDATA), but we're owned by them and my check comes from AutoZone. I'll check on that this weekend as I would like to blend the sockets a little bit better. I was thinking about painting the stocket with some chrome style paint to make them less obvious. I have 2 bulb sockets that came with the diamond corners that won't fit my car, so I can experiment with one of those.
Old 08-04-2004, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by nostrixoxide
Um, the corner lamp's (next to the head lights) do not blink unless you have rewired them to do so. When these lamp's are on they are only using the 10w side of the bulb. But when you modify the bulbs to be brighter you are using the 27w side of the bulb, hence brighter light.
On my 95, when my headlights are on, the low wattage filament is on. When I switch on my turn signal, the bright filament lights up. Is this how it is for everyone?
Old 08-04-2004, 08:04 PM

See if this helps you figure it out.
http://www.vqpower.com/v2/modules.ph...howpage&pid=50

Quick Reply: "Euro diamond cut clear corners" anyone?