4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.
View Poll Results: should i sell injen and get berk?
yes sell it and get berk. its a better intake and you can make some cash too since berk is cheaper
25.00%
no, leave it alone. HAI is an HAI, you wont notice any difference
75.00%
stop being a wussy and wait till summer is gone. then you can get your MPG and low end torque back
0%
dude, who cares? intake is an intake. all i care about is the GROWL. the heck with torque/hp/mpg !!!
0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

should i bother doing this??? intake warz

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2004 | 09:48 AM
VIP Maxima

should i bother doing this??? intake warz

im thinkin about selling my injen and ordering a BERK technology intake or any type where the filter sits next to the battery where the stock air filter/box used to be.

i mainly wanna do this becuase i want to move the filter away from the radiator as far as possible and have it sit somewhere where its getting "colder air". i know both of these intakes are still HAI since both are in the engine bay but these are the only 2 types that i would go with if i had to start over again. i dont want a PRI because i dont want to get a hole in the fender also it increases the chances of water getting sucked in. the injen still has a chance of suckin air in but its alot less than berk technology (almost impossible to suck water in).

i mostly do city driving and we all know that the engine bay temperature is higher when doing city driving rather than highway. therefore the injen sucks in that hot oven temperature air given off by the radiator. i fear this is bad for the engine. that being said, it has ruined my gas mileage by a noticeable amount since it guzzles and i have lost a great amount of low end torque since the summer has hit (at night time my car feels more powerfull than day time). i started to notice this great torque loss since the summer came around, before it was just as good as stock. i also like the growl so im not planning on going back to stock airbox

so you guys think i should order berk and sell my injen for these reasons?

1) gain some low end torque lost by injen
2) suck in "colder" air. you guys think it will suck in COLDER air or not??
3) eliminate the chances of water being sucked in. i live in california so this is not really an issue but its a good excuse
4) the intake pipes are going to be shorter so i guess that helps reduce some throttle lag!!

btw if anyone here has berk technology intake, id like to hear from you. thanks !!

is berk considered an intake or a popcharger?
Old 07-21-2004 | 10:20 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

You live LA and you are worried about sucking water? I live in FL and it has rained almost everyday for about two months and I have'nt even come close to sumerging the PR CAI I have. If you get over the fear, my advice is to get the BOMZ intake from ebay that is a PR copy and get a K&N filter to go with, because it comes with a crap filter. Otherwise go back stock or just get a MAF sensor adater and cone filter of your choice.

The Berk is only a mid pipe and filter for $130, not worth it man.

P.S.
That misleading link in your sig is some
Old 07-21-2004 | 03:51 PM
VIP Maxima

haha. i said that the water was just an excuse
Old 07-21-2004 | 04:02 PM

In the 3 years I've been on this board, I've never heard of anyone sucking water into their CAI. I don't know why that is even brought up when discussing intakes.
If you want something to gain a few ponies, get a y-pipe for like $150 from budget, and you'll feel it. As far as the intake you have, leave it alone cuz whichever one you switch to is not going to feel much different, if different at all.
Do something else to the car and screw the intake...

-Tony
Old 07-21-2004 | 04:19 PM
I'm nutty for Nissans

hacked air box, unless you like show
Old 07-21-2004 | 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by araffio
In the 3 years I've been on this board, I've never heard of anyone sucking water into their CAI.

-Tony
Its happened... although VERY VERY unusual

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=318172

Unless of course you do what this guy did
Old 07-21-2004 | 10:38 PM
VIP Maxima

Originally Posted by araffio
In the 3 years I've been on this board, I've never heard of anyone sucking water into their CAI. I don't know why that is even brought up when discussing intakes.
If you want something to gain a few ponies, get a y-pipe for like $150 from budget, and you'll feel it. As far as the intake you have, leave it alone cuz whichever one you switch to is not going to feel much different, if different at all.
Do something else to the car and screw the intake...

-Tony

i know at least 5 people on here who have blew up engine when the intake sucked in water. one of them was a 5.5 gen

i already have a y pipe tony