4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

'95 Ruby Pearl Paint Color? (Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2004, 07:51 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

'95 Ruby Pearl Paint Color? (Pics)

Hey guys. I don't see too many Maximas my year, and color, where I'm from (Lincoln, NE), and I suspect my car may have been re-painted by the previous owner, and the color may no longer be correct. The reason I suspect this is the color of the bumpers doesn't perfectly match the car (but the front and rear bumpers look pretty similar). Are the bumpers the correct color, and just never got re-painted? The rubber door protectors also don't match well, but it may be just because they are really faded. Is it all original, but just showing different fading charactersisicts?
I know the color wasn't changed from the original, since the engine bay, door sills, etc... all match (or close).
BTW there is no evidence of any body repair work, or frame damage, so I don't think it was ever in an accident. Probably just a victim of that soft, non-durable Nissan paint.
Check the pics.
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member...574_5_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member...574_6_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member...574_9_full.jpg
Let me know what you think. And also, what you'd do about it.
Thanks,
Adam
Old 08-05-2004, 07:58 PM

ive seen those color maxes before, i think it was a gle, the last one i seen around here
Old 08-05-2004, 08:00 PM

The reason I mentioned I don't see them around here, is that I'd like to compare side to side to check the color. I know the Ruby Pearl, and later the Rosewood colors are not uncommon. I think the color may be off slightly.
Old 08-05-2004, 09:40 PM
Banned

i see what you mean in the 1st and last pic relating to the front and rear bumpers.

here is what i think happened:

car in accident
front and rear bumps damaged so bad they must be replaced, no repaired, which is very common think of a pile up...
****ty cheap as shop in lincoln, i know i used to live there as well,
probably ****ed up the color matching. it's so damn bright out there and the weather is harsh. they probably over corrected for the sun fade and such...i would think it would be obvious when the owner picked up the car of the bumper color differences but who knows. call the person/place you bought it from and ASK.

or possibly:
i'v heard if you wax new paint it doesn't get to oxidizes and solvents and such stay in the paint. makes it kinda milky and off color if i'm not mistaken. maybe this happened....

there are very few maxs i'v seen in lincoln...i miss ne sometimes...crazy parties and people.

rep the org down there bro. go huskers even thugh they suck.

oh!!! and my advice what to do. buy a body kit. listen you buy a kit and paint it all once save cash and look good while doing it. oh and i'd go up north to the big lil city of omaha to get my car painted.

good luck,
jon
Old 08-05-2004, 10:46 PM
vsamoylov

that was my old color but car was in a fender bender before and the body shop didnt color match to the original paint when they replaced or fixed the bumper.

you could get a stillen -piece bodykit and have the bumpers repainted and color matched and paint the body kit also. and dont get a cheap paint job either or it will look like that again.

Old 08-05-2004, 11:12 PM
VIP Maxima

that color exists on maximas. came right from the factory for 96's i believe

Old 08-06-2004, 02:43 AM

Nice I like it. Never seen it that color. Its usually a brighter (crimson) red
Old 08-06-2004, 07:57 AM
An atavistic endeavor...

Let me guess....the front and rear bumpers are slightly darker.

If you repaint the bumpers and don't blend the fenders, this will happen. Unfortuantely my front fenders are lighter than my front bumper because of this (shhhh don't tell anyone). I need to get it repainted. It's just a result of the paint on the rest of the car fading...and when you put on the new paint it looks much darker.
Old 08-06-2004, 08:16 AM

It is very hard for them to match a "new" coat of paint to almost 10 year old paint that is already on your car. I know this sounds like something that should not be a problem, but the elements have the biggest factor in this. I mean, when your car is as old as it is, the sun and whatever else has contributed to it getting lighter and more "faded", even though it still looks really good.

Also, the paint will stick differently to metal parts than it does to the plastic parts. Also, the different materials will absorb differently, and could cause this discoloration.

BTW, take off the pinstripes, and orange reflectors. They kind of clash with the color.

Car looks good though....still.
Old 08-06-2004, 08:24 AM

It's the same color as mine. AL0 I believe on the DIN. The bumpers are different probably because it was at a used car or new car dealer and they regularly paint front and back bumpers to make the car appear newer. Maybe the paint didn't exactly match or new paint to old faded paint. I bought paint out of Tower. Painted my front bumper and looks brand new.