4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

This forum is the Greatest - 99 KS changed

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 07:42 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

This forum is the Greatest - 99 KS changed

Thank you every one who posted the how tos. I finally changed my KS. I have a 99 Cali Spec, so it was not that easy with the swish valve in the way.

Getting it off was the easy part. Remove airbox assembly. Got the 12mm flex along with the 14in extension. Closed one eye to get a better view. Fished the socket over the bolt, try to turn it, nothing then, snap, the bolt broke free. Pulled out the bolt with an extension magnet. Pulll the sensor out using the wire attached to it. 15 minutes to get it out.

Now the hard part, Putting the new one back in there. Best advice received from others: Put some tape on the bolt, so it fits tightly in the socket. Attached the new sensor to the cable, use to magnet to fish it back in and to bring it in to position, so you can put the bolt back into it. With the socket extension in one hand and magnet in other, try find the hole. Can't do it, get frustrated, put it down, change fuel filter, PCV valve. Came back to it. With my magnet and socket extion fist the bolt back to the hole, felt a snag, start turning bolt. It is getting tight, WHOA HOO, I DID IT. SATISFACTION! Do the happy dance. Put the air box back on. Reset the codes. Go for a test drive. Fall in love again with your MAXIMA. Get back home, check for codes. Nothing. Go home and have a few beers, your job is done.

Thanks to this board, I have saved a lot of money. It was my pleasure to donate money to get this board up and running again.
Old 08-19-2004, 10:22 AM
Chassis Freak

That's why the Org exists. Knowledge is power, and knowledge shouldn't cost more than the effort you put into learning it.