4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Trunk organizer

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2001, 12:24 PM

Hi,
does anyone know of a decent trunk organizer? Like a couple of easily removable poles that would divide the trunk into sections, so that whatever in it would not fly all over the trunk? I got a milk crate there now, but it shifts constantly during the turns... I checked a couple of online stores, but did not find anything
Anyway, drop a line if you know of something...

Mods to come:
Trunk organizer!

Roman
Old 04-05-2001, 02:03 PM

Five cardboard boxes

Originally posted by Roman-dude
Hi,
does anyone know of a decent trunk organizer? Like a couple of easily removable poles that would divide the trunk into sections, so that whatever in it would not fly all over the trunk? I got a milk crate there now, but it shifts constantly during the turns... I checked a couple of online stores, but did not find anything
Anyway, drop a line if you know of something...

Mods to come:
Trunk organizer!

Roman
Low cost and effective... Save the empty cardbard boxes from engine oil. Fold the four top flaps all the way inward to stiffen the structure. Five of these boxes fit snugly across the rear-most part of the trunk. They are easy to remove when you need to carry big cargo.

Optional extra: Get some scrap pieces of thin foam-rubber carpet underlayment, the kind with adhesive on one side. Apply that to the bottom of each cardboard box. It makes them resistant to sliding around.
Old 04-05-2001, 02:26 PM

Re: Five cardboard boxes

Originally posted by Daniel B. Martin
Low cost and effective... Save the empty cardbard boxes from engine oil. Fold the four top flaps all the way inward to stiffen the structure. Five of these boxes fit snugly across the rear-most part of the trunk. They are easy to remove when you need to carry big cargo.

Optional extra: Get some scrap pieces of thin foam-rubber carpet underlayment, the kind with adhesive on one side. Apply that to the bottom of each cardboard box. It makes them resistant to sliding around.
Thanks, that's close to what I have now. I was just thinking that there may be something a bit more convinient in a $10-20 range.

Thanks again
Roman
Old 04-05-2001, 11:50 PM

Re: Re: Five cardboard boxes

Thanks, that's close to what I have now. I was just thinking that there may be something a bit more convinient in a $10-20 range.

Thanks again
Roman
Get a plastic container with lid from Wal-Mart, roughly 10 bucks, and secure the container with 2-3 long strips of velcro on the bottom, roughly another 5 bucks. This way, it's still an easy retrieval of spare, if you ever need it.
Old 04-06-2001, 08:02 AM

Cargo Bars found

Thanks for the responses. I actually found a "cargo bar" on eBay. They seem to be going for around $10+ shipping from CA, if anyone needs them.

Roman
Old 04-06-2001, 08:18 AM

Re: Cargo Bars found

Thanks for the responses. I actually found a "cargo bar" on eBay. They seem to be going for around $10+ shipping from CA, if anyone needs them.

Roman
That sounds interesting...

Where would the bar be pushing against, the sides with carpet and the soft molding?

I guess I will be checking out ebay too...
Old 04-06-2001, 09:01 AM

Re: Re: Cargo Bars found

Originally posted by EdwardCYH

That sounds interesting...

Where would the bar be pushing against, the sides with carpet and the soft molding?

I guess I will be checking out ebay too...
Yes, they push against the sides. I did not check how sturdy the sides are, as I am at work now, but am hoping that it should work.
Can anybody check out the sides quickly now?

Roman
Old 04-06-2001, 09:26 AM
JUGSMAX

You can get a trunk net from your local nissan dealer...It mounts to the rear of your trunk...It works real good for like putting milk or orange juice in the trunk and keeping it from getting tossed around...Only thing is that it cost about 30 dollars,but well worth it in my book...Good luck!!!

Old 04-07-2001, 07:41 AM

I've just got a cardboard box off to the side, with an extra flap taped on which tucks under the carpet. Between that and the weight of the stuff in it, it doesn't slide around.