4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Best 4th Gen Headlights Ever...

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 10:21 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

He was asking about smoked cefiros...

My car isnt' dark - but here ya go:

These are LHD.
Old 09-28-2004, 11:43 PM
Turbo is too much fun!

Originally Posted by Jade95Maxima
well i don't care about the other drivers....but you still have to take apart your headlight to redo the headlight modification and how much does a brand new projector cost????? so you loose more money and time, cuz you have to take apart the new oem headlight and spend money on a factory benz or audi (whichever car company you go with) projector.

Tony
I would say that 99% if not 100% of the guys who have retrofited projectors in our headlights have "used" projectors, therefore they actually don't cost all that much. I got mine for $90 and the most I've seen for a set of Valeos are like $250-$300. Yea if something was to happen like an accident, it may cost us more but the whole point of having projectors is so we dont blind oncoming traffic (which could lead them to hitting us head-on anyways) so technically having projector would be a better investment compare to hids w/ cefiro headlights. Hands down, beam pattern would be better with projectors but looks wise I think its a draw for me.
Now if you were to have the best of both worlds (cefiro w/ projectors) I hope that no one would ever back into you cuz that would be one expensive mod gone down the drain....
Old 09-28-2004, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by jcy98maxse
I would say that 99% if not 100% of the guys who have retrofited projectors in our headlights have "used" projectors, therefore they actually don't cost all that much. I got mine for $90 and the most I've seen for a set of Valeos are like $250-$300. Yea if something was to happen like an accident, it may cost us more but the whole point of having projectors is so we dont blind oncoming traffic (which could lead them to hitting us head-on anyways) so technically having projector would be a better investment compare to hids w/ cefiro headlights. Hands down, beam pattern would be better with projectors but looks wise I think its a draw for me.
Now if you were to have the best of both worlds (cefiro w/ projectors) I hope that no one would ever back into you cuz that would be one expensive mod gone down the drain....

i see your point, but all im saying is it would be a lot easier to replace the cefiro headlight then having to do all that work again for the projector look. yeah the cefiro headlight may blind oncoming traffic, but in my town with all the rich ppl with hids blind me anyways so i say **** it. as long as my car looks good that's all that matters and i think the smoked cefiros look the best and are easier to replace then having to open the oem headlight and doing all that work again.

Tony
Old 09-29-2004, 12:26 AM

if u get some projectors to fit in a stock maxima housing, what else do you have to do after that? im assuming u have to switch out you lighting system and not jsut splice some wires? sorry i dont know **** bout lightinhg
Old 09-29-2004, 07:08 AM
SLOW

Everyone's entitled to their opinion and no person's opinion is worth more than anyone elses. My personal opinion is that homemade projectors look like altezza's for the front end of the car. They mess up any flow the front body lines have and look decidedly aftermarket and "slapped on." Cefiro lights on the other hand look very stock and flow with smooth lines, which is the look I like when it comes to appearance modifications.

One thing good about the projectors though is that they probably drastically improve night visibility, stock maxima headlights are really horrible at night.
Old 09-29-2004, 08:57 AM
Former Sponsor

Totally agree with Nealoc187, I was just saying, for me, Cefiro's were the best way to go. Projectors look nice, but not what I was looking for. I'm considering putting projectors in the Cefiro's if I ever have the time/money. If anything ever happened to those, f-it, I'd just replace with regular Cefiro's.
Old 09-29-2004, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by MaxMoJo
Totally agree with Nealoc187, I was just saying, for me, Cefiro's were the best way to go. Projectors look nice, but not what I was looking for. I'm considering putting projectors in the Cefiro's if I ever have the time/money. If anything ever happened to those, f-it, I'd just replace with regular Cefiro's.
see this proves my point that its easier to just replace it with a cefiro headlight. and what nealoc said also....they don't flow with the car, the projectors look weird.

Tony
Old 09-29-2004, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by BlueC
I like my headlights more.
like ur headlights too
Old 09-29-2004, 10:51 AM
Paradox Systems Vendor

i have hids in my stock lamp....if i get the smoked cefiros i cant have my hids anymore?
Old 09-29-2004, 11:04 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Nealoc187
Everyone's entitled to their opinion and no person's opinion is worth more than anyone elses. My personal opinion is that homemade projectors look like altezza's for the front end of the car. They mess up any flow the front body lines have and look decidedly aftermarket and "slapped on." Cefiro lights on the other hand look very stock and flow with smooth lines, which is the look I like when it comes to appearance modifications.

One thing good about the projectors though is that they probably drastically improve night visibility, stock maxima headlights are really horrible at night.

Personally, I did the projectors for functionality and not for looks. The light output is amazing and the ability to retain the high beams was priceless.

The projectors with the shrouds change the look of the car too much and it looks out of place. That’s why I completely blacked them out to hide them as much as possible. Again “I” think this mod if for functionality and not for looks

As far as damage, I would build them again in a second and I bet it comes out much cheaper then the headlights on BMW, Audi's, etc...
Old 09-29-2004, 11:13 AM
aka UNCDooD

i like BlueC's and Geo1317's. I would like to eventually do a set of them.
Old 09-29-2004, 12:07 PM
wat

well i don't care about the other drivers....but you still have to take apart your headlight to redo the headlight modification and how much does a brand new projector cost????? so you loose more money and time, cuz you have to take apart the new oem headlight and spend money on a factory benz or audi (whichever car company you go with) projector.

Tony
I can take apart my whole front end in about less than 5-10 mins. I can get both headlights open in another 5 mins. 15 minutes seems pretty easy to fit in my schedule.
Old 09-29-2004, 12:17 PM
aka UNCDooD

i'm really interested in doing this. can you give me a parts list on the things you bought to do yours BlueC?
Old 09-29-2004, 12:26 PM
wat

Originally Posted by UNCDooD
i'm really interested in doing this. can you give me a parts list on the things you bought to do yours BlueC?
Find a set of Bi-xenon projectors on ebay, along with the Ballasts and Bulbs. I used Mercedes E500 projectors (All e-class use these, including E55).

Then order a heavy duty 9004 wiring harness. I dont have the link anymore, but theres a page out there with complete wiring instructions. Once hidforum.com comes back online, i can find them.

Then make sure you have a soldering iron, dremel, and other misc tools for the job. Maybe even a spare set of headlights, i used the ones off my car, so i took a risk.

Thats basically all you need.
Old 09-29-2004, 12:29 PM
aka UNCDooD

Find a set of Bi-xenon projectors on ebay, along with the Ballasts and Bulbs. I used Mercedes E500 projectors (All e-class use these, including E55).

Then order a heavy duty 9004 wiring harness. I dont have the link anymore, but theres a page out there with complete wiring instructions. Once hidforum.com comes back online, i can find them.

Then make sure you have a soldering iron, dremel, and other misc tools for the job. Maybe even a spare set of headlights, i used the ones off my car, so i took a risk.

Thats basically all you need.
thanks and when hidforum.com comes back up think you could find the wiring diagram as well? I would really appreciate it.
Old 09-29-2004, 02:47 PM

rowan what corner bulbs do u have in there... it looks yellow instead of that orange color... nice headlights and nice set-up... one of my favorite headlight setup on the org!
Old 09-29-2004, 05:03 PM

I can take apart my whole front end in about less than 5-10 mins. I can get both headlights open in another 5 mins. 15 minutes seems pretty easy to fit in my schedule.
why go through all that trouble of taking it apart though when all you have to do is just put in new ones without opening up anything...sure you can do it fast, but what about the next person? just doesn't seem practical to me.

Tony
Old 09-29-2004, 07:20 PM
Turbo is too much fun!

why go through all that trouble of taking it apart though when all you have to do is just put in new ones without opening up anything...sure you can do it fast, but what about the next person? just doesn't seem practical to me.

Tony
I feel like this debate aint going no where
To you, projectors arent practical because it takes longer to intall projectors then cefiro headlights. Plus it looks better and cost a little less... those are valid arguments but for us who have projectors, it is practical. We think its looks just as good if not better than cefiro, it provides better light output and its something that not many max owners can get or do to their car.
Both side have valid points and to me its pointless to persuade each other which one is better when its really a matter of opinion so lets just leave it at that, you like cefiros, i like my projectors. end of story.
Old 09-29-2004, 08:16 PM

How easy was it to install the LHD Cefiros? What kind of modification do I need to do if I get them. Is the lighting better than stock? What bulbs do I use for both corner and headlights. Thanx!

Thinking bout getting a pair of smoked Cefiros.
Old 09-29-2004, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by jcy98maxse
I feel like this debate aint going no where
To you, projectors arent practical because it takes longer to intall projectors then cefiro headlights. Plus it looks better and cost a little less... those are valid arguments but for us who have projectors, it is practical. We think its looks just as good if not better than cefiro, it provides better light output and its something that not many max owners can get or do to their car.
Both side have valid points and to me its pointless to persuade each other which one is better when its really a matter of opinion so lets just leave it at that, you like cefiros, i like my projectors. end of story.
ok im done.

Tony
Old 09-30-2004, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by ZeRo MaX
rowan what corner bulbs do u have in there... it looks yellow instead of that orange color... nice headlights and nice set-up... one of my favorite headlight setup on the org!
Thanks man, to be perfectly honest, I think the corners are plain old generics from Autozone if I remember correctly. I should have written down the name but they were like 10 bucks. They are in between an orange and yellow in real life.

As for the projector vs cefiro issue, I think I actually prefer the look of the projectors over the cefiros. The cefiros look a tad awkward to me and bland compared with the projectors. Just my opinion though. i also like the front end of the new Saab 9-3's with their (bixenon?) setup and one projector. Aggressive IMHO.

But to each his/her own and that's the beauty of the org. Diversity is a wonderful thing. Differentiation leads to new ideas and vice versa.
Old 09-30-2004, 05:26 PM
Paradox Systems Vendor

i have hids in my stock lamp....if i get the smoked cefiros i cant have my hids anymore?
Old 09-30-2004, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Maximus1997
Ill think youll need H4 size bulbs (correct me if im wrong). Either youre gonna have to find a way to fit 9004 bulbs into H4 housing or buy a new set of HIDs...
Old 09-30-2004, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Maximus1997
you will need H4 bulbs to make it fit cuz the 9004 ones wont work.

i just finished reading all the points and arguments and such about which is better and such.

i have come to a conclusion that both can be better than the other for to each his own as many has already said.

what i did on my sentra is i did the best of both worlds.. i loved the crystal headlights for the b14 but i didnt want stock halogens or hyperwhites so i did a retrofit.

i love my retrofit and it functionality and light output beam pattern etc. i really did this retrofit to be diff and have proper and most useage of my lighting.

the cefiros i sell are from Taiwan and are LHD and fit perfectly on the 95-99 I30 but on the maximas do need a bit of inner fender work.

All use H4 and all will have some glare when used with the reflector backings and stuff and beam pattern wont be as nice as those that have the proper projector fittings..

basically what im saying is the ones with proper retrofits want more use of the lighting and probaly a different look different. Cefiros on the other hand will have a little glare and also they offer the i30 and maxima a more cleaner look and for some that has the lined frosted looking stock headlights ive it more light output for the H4 bulbs are brighter than stock 9004's

there are best of both worlds here and for some that want the best of both worlds i recommend is do a retrofit into the cefiros therfore having proper lighting yet the cleanliness of the one peice look. on my group buys people has been asking where to get these retrofits done at and i referred them to the guy that did my retrofits at www.hidretro.com.

he does a high quality job and makes sure you get exactly what you want letting you know both plus and minus of each set up and also his recommendations and such.

either or both ways are wonderful but to each their own.

keep an eye out on www.liuspeedtuning.com for we have an alternative coming soon for the a32 maximas who want a crystalized look without the high cost of cefiros.

Thanks for reading !

-LIUSPEED

P.S. Our Group Deal Cefiros are the cheapest anyone can find ! So if you want the cefiro headilghts jump in on this deal before it too late.
Old 10-01-2004, 05:00 PM
Paradox Systems Vendor

thanks liu speed, and whats ure group deal cefiros? ive got a group deal going for 200 bucks shipped a piece right now in the gd section.....with some free extras...smoked or clear cefiros, compliments of paradox systems....
Old 10-01-2004, 05:56 PM
Paradox Systems Vendor

smoked or clear cefiros for 200 bucks shipped with extras.....check the gd thread guys......
Old 10-01-2004, 09:04 PM
faster than you think

i think factory with projectors rocks!!!
Old 11-07-2004, 08:27 PM

So has anyone even played with the cefiro headlights? I will try and take them apart tonight to see how easy it is.
Old 11-07-2004, 08:32 PM
wat

Originally Posted by kenji
So has anyone even played with the cefiro headlights? I will try and take them apart tonight to see how easy it is.
I wouldnt bother, they are much easier to break. Stock headlights are much easier to take apart. And they look nice.
Old 11-07-2004, 08:50 PM
I never narc'd on nobody.

Originally Posted by 99NJMAX
Those are SO nice. I like how you put the silver bulb it the corners. Makes me want to run out and get some hid's. Too bad I'm a poor college kid. I guess I'll have to drool over yours.
guess ill just drool too... those are freakin awesome
Old 11-07-2004, 08:58 PM

red one is nice
Old 11-07-2004, 09:01 PM

my bad here it is
Old 11-07-2004, 09:07 PM
Paradox Systems Vendor

it sure is nice, doenst fit completely, but its OK, the bottom of it doesnt look too good though
Old 11-07-2004, 09:10 PM
wat

Originally Posted by TJ_Max
it sure is nice, doenst fit completely, but its OK, the bottom of it doesnt look too good though
Not to mention the projectors in those headlights are halogen projectors. Low quality. Im happy with my bi-xenons.
Old 11-07-2004, 09:44 PM

Hey BlueC, How do your highbeems work?Are they bright as hell? Are those the stock headlights? and what MB did you get those projectors from
Old 11-07-2004, 10:14 PM

I'd like to have the BMW M5 or 5 series halo bi-xenon projectors installed in my car (I30) but still trying to find a good deal on a pair. There is someone (I30) on this forum who actually did the whole retrofit using those headlights and it seemed simple enough with minor cuts needed to the fenders an hood. I have the smoked one-piece cefiros on my black on black 98 I30 (cefiro a32, maxima) right now and is very happy with them, the silverstars make a big difference but still would like the look of true projector xenon lights, I get so jealous when a beamer or benz passes by with awesome beam patterns and perfect cutoffs, I keep promising myself to find a way.
Old 11-08-2004, 12:14 AM
Maxima Mike

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/495541/2