4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Have We Gone Rice?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 08:58 PM

Have We Gone Rice?

is it just me or have the forums been trashed these past few days, seems like everyday this past week ive read some moronic threads about doing burnouts, huge wings, electric superchargers and such? are we not blessed with a nice respectable car? i dont understand the mentality of the people posting these threads, ive been on this forum for years and ive read the greatest and most helpful things about my car. ive been inspired by people like sprintmax, nismotic, jm5464, araffio when he was around (god be with him), thebigsadler, and many many others. these cars have so much potential, why would you ruin it? you know i amuse myself with a little rice with neons, strobes and other things, im not all against it, to each their own, but seems like the past few newbies come straight out the rice patties. what happened to the good stuff, the stuff these forums were built on? can we please return to the qaulity threads. and please, please EVERY NEWBIE PLEASE READ THE STICKIES, THE LAST 10 THREADS I READ WERE ANSWERED THERE!! sorry for my ranting and raving, but i felt it was my time to be a d*** and maybe turn the forums back around and return to the good stuff.
Old 10-25-2004, 09:00 PM

bumpity bump
Old 10-25-2004, 09:03 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Hallelujah!!!!!!
Old 10-25-2004, 09:04 PM

There have been like 4 threads about the electric superchargers the past 2 days.... sigh ... the good ol' days !
Old 10-25-2004, 09:13 PM

AMEN Aspec0002!!!! I too have been kinda annoyed be these threads. When I first came to this site I was amazed how people were so into this car and keeping it from being ricey. And like you said there has been a lot of posts lately that are just no-brainers if you just look in the stickies. PLEASE PEOPLE READ THE STICKIES!! It will save all of us time. It is not hard to read through them it only takes a couple hours at the most. Lets keep the maxima a classy car not a rice burner.
Old 10-25-2004, 09:22 PM
This is a democracy

i think from now on, before you can post, you must read the FAQ's and all stickies, and then take a quiz over it! that way we know they have read them and hopefully they wont post anymore stupid a$$ questions.

just my .02

irish
Old 10-25-2004, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Irishmax99
i think from now on, before you can post, you must read the FAQ's and all stickies, and then take a quiz over it! that way we know they have read them and hopefully they wont post anymore stupid a$$ questions.

just my .02

irish
i would be happy to write the php script for that!
Old 10-25-2004, 09:24 PM

daddy likes irish, good thinking. if only the mods could implement this.
Old 10-25-2004, 09:31 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

anyone here with a CAI or altezzas is as bad as those welfare ridden, food stamp using porta ricans driving 89 honda civics with cut springs.

you're all ****ed
Old 10-25-2004, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by evanparker
anyone here with a CAI or altezzas is as bad as those welfare ridden, food stamp using porta ricans driving 89 honda civics with cut springs.

you're all ****ed
evanparker you look like a good candidate to try its a new deodorant made especially for stupid newbies such as yourself. you should just put up this sign if you want to be a moron, :attention. get a life and quit ruining our forums.
Old 10-25-2004, 09:42 PM
This is a democracy

second that get his racist a$$ outta here, oh and whats wrong with CAI, dumba$$, CYA!
Old 10-25-2004, 09:52 PM

I don't own a maxima, (granted I am knowledgable on them) but I hang out here because I like the fact that for the most part maxima's had nothing to do with rice, because they start with a reasonable engine size, compared to your average ricer, trying to make power with a 4-banger.
Old 10-25-2004, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by aspec0002
is it just me or have the forums been trashed these past few days, seems like everyday this past week ive read some moronic threads about doing burnouts, huge wings, electric superchargers and such? are we not blessed with a nice respectable car? i dont understand the mentality of the people posting these threads, ive been on this forum for years and ive read the greatest and most helpful things about my car. ive been inspired by people like sprintmax, nismotic, jm5464, araffio when he was around (god be with him), thebigsadler, and many many others. these cars have so much potential, why would you ruin it? you know i amuse myself with a little rice with neons, strobes and other things, im not all against it, to each their own, but seems like the past few newbies come straight out the rice patties. what happened to the good stuff, the stuff these forums were built on? can we please return to the qaulity threads. and please, please EVERY NEWBIE PLEASE READ THE STICKIES, THE LAST 10 THREADS I READ WERE ANSWERED THERE!! sorry for my ranting and raving, but i felt it was my time to be a d*** and maybe turn the forums back around and return to the good stuff.
I don't know, it seems hypocritical to get mad about people asking questions about huge wings and other ricey stuff and later say to each his own.

As far as reading stickies goes, I agree that people should read the stickies before posting a common question. But I can see why people would post a thread rather than check the stickies; they can't do a search of the forum. Who wants to go through all those pages just to figure out where to buy a O2 sensor? Is that a FAQ, a mod, or a How-to? That's 9 pages of posts! Besides, some of the links in the stickies are outdated or dead.

I'm just playing devil's advocate here.
Old 10-25-2004, 09:57 PM

Maximas are getting older, resale is cheap, people are buying them left and right
Old 10-25-2004, 10:05 PM

is it just me or have the forums been trashed these past few days, seems like everyday this past week ive read some moronic threads about doing burnouts, huge wings, electric superchargers and such? are we not blessed with a nice respectable car?
somebody call the WAAAAAHHHmbulance... hehe... seriously though. i mean it is a forum and everybody should be able to voice their opinions. if somebody asks if they can get a huge wing on their car and you say it looks ugly than so be it. but we shouldn't whine about them posting. i mean, it has to do with a maxima so he should be entitled to ask about it on a maxima forum. as for the retard above and his racist comments, admin/mods, please forward his address to all those owners with Puerto Rican backgrounds so that they can proceed to pummel him with reckless abandon.
Old 10-25-2004, 10:16 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

you're all ****ed
This is a pretty sad statement on your behalf. By the way, it is Puerto Rico not Porta Rico.
Old 10-25-2004, 10:19 PM
Rockin' VK56!!

I couldn't agree more
Old 10-25-2004, 10:35 PM

it is Puerto Rico not Porta Rico.
Old 10-25-2004, 10:52 PM
Give me a Bud Light Holmes

Originally Posted by Nismo
Maximas are getting older, resale is cheap, people are buying them left and right
so true thats why we have all these ricers.
Old 10-25-2004, 11:11 PM
Maxima Mike

You know what's more annoying on here? Cardomain.com. You guys would know what I'm talking about.

Old 10-25-2004, 11:32 PM

Blame Fast & Furious its a new gen of F&F peeps ~POWERD BY STIKCERS~ lol.... the best thing we can do is to avoid the posts and eventually they will go away....
Old 10-25-2004, 11:38 PM

you're all ****ed

You sound like a fool. 'porta ricans' . . . i'd rather be a foodstamp using 'porta rican' driving an 89 honda with cut springs than an ignorant, uneducated bastard like youreslf.
Old 10-25-2004, 11:41 PM

anyone wanna a burnout maxima video w/ altezzas and a big azz wing?

I know man...Keep it non-rice and real.
Old 10-25-2004, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by Maximeltman
anyone wanna a burnout maxima video w/ altezzas and a big azz wing?

I know man...Keep it non-rice and real.

LOL
Old 10-26-2004, 12:37 AM
faster than you think

but you know electric supercharge really works hahahaha
Old 10-26-2004, 12:47 AM

yea i remember wheni came on here for the first time a few months ago, the first thing i did was read them stickies.. i mean.. they just stick out.. and i wanted ideas, and it said modding faqs.. i was like whoa awesome... after reading the faqs i learned a lot... and i agree with all of you, but if you havnt noticed.. most of these "newbie" posts have been by 16 year olds that have just gotten their new maxima, and we can all thank those idiots from F&F for corrupting my generation with STICKERS AND LOUD EXAUST makes your car fast , and the new 16 year old members are impatient, they dont wanna take time to search, they just want a quick answer, i have tried to answer questions and relay them to threads(since i can search and all)

you just gotta be patient with them, they will learn soon enough

damn noobies
Old 10-26-2004, 12:50 AM
V^___^V

rice is good for you!

j/k
Old 10-26-2004, 12:53 AM

Douche

Old 10-26-2004, 01:10 AM

Well, you have a good point. But apparently it isnt just NOOBS, cause someone who has been on here a while posted this http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=348749
Old 10-26-2004, 02:27 AM
Humble '06 TL Owner

So much love...
Old 10-26-2004, 04:55 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Mr.Duck
yea i remember wheni came on here for the first time a few months ago, the first thing i did was read them stickies.. i mean.. they just stick out.. and i wanted ideas, and it said modding faqs.. i was like whoa awesome... after reading the faqs i learned a lot... and i agree with all of you, but if you havnt noticed.. most of these "newbie" posts have been by 16 year olds that have just gotten their new maxima, and we can all thank those idiots from F&F for corrupting my generation with STICKERS AND LOUD EXAUST makes your car fast , and the new 16 year old members are impatient, they dont wanna take time to search, they just want a quick answer, i have tried to answer questions and relay them to threads(since i can search and all)

you just gotta be patient with them, they will learn soon enough

damn noobies
The maxima on the fast and the furious was RICE!!! IMHO.
He did all that work to it and didnt buy the red clear taillights (look closely next time).
Old 10-26-2004, 06:13 AM
dot dot dot ...

Old 10-26-2004, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by 98SterlingMax
So much love...
Old 10-26-2004, 07:09 AM
xarfox

Attack Of The Killer Smiley Icons!

Old 10-26-2004, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by passEMonTHErite
The maxima on the fast and the furious was RICE!!! IMHO.
He did all that work to it and didnt buy the red clear taillights (look closely next time).

In Craig's defense....red/clear taillights weren't around at the time that car was built.
Old 10-26-2004, 10:40 AM
How 'bout them cliffs?

Originally Posted by notsofun
I don't own a maxima, (granted I am knowledgable on them) but I hang out here because I like the fact that for the most part maxima's had nothing to do with rice, because they start with a reasonable engine size, compared to your average ricer, trying to make power with a 4-banger.
what's wrong with a 4-banger?
Old 10-26-2004, 11:24 AM
SLOW

Simple fact is that most of the maximas on this board are 4th gens, and 4th gens are getting cheaper, and more impressionable kids are getting them and want to make them look "cool" like the cars they see in the movies, on tv shows, and on the streets. This is why I have often pushed for an "appearance" forum and a "tech forum" for each generation but so far most people have thought this was a poor idea.
Old 10-26-2004, 11:33 AM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by dmBK
what's wrong with a 4-banger?
TORQUE. .
Old 10-26-2004, 11:39 AM

Lol. Yeah. Just look at S2000's. Everyone goes crazy over the fact that it has 240 hp but its max torque is 165 ft. lbs.

It weights 500 pounds less than a 2k2 Altima, has the same hp, and is hardly faster.
Old 10-26-2004, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Nealoc187
Simple fact is that most of the maximas on this board are 4th gens, and 4th gens are getting cheaper, and more impressionable kids are getting them and want to make them look "cool" like the cars they see in the movies, on tv shows, and on the streets. This is why I have often pushed for an "appearance" forum and a "tech forum" for each generation but so far most people have thought this was a poor idea.

Lets all thank "PIMP MY RIDE" for this

Quick Reply: Have We Gone Rice?