4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

For those who hate annoying seatbelt light

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2004 | 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Kolyan
IN MASSACHUSETTS GUNS CAN NOT BE CARRIED EVEN WITH THE PERMIT ! SELF-DEFENCE WEAPONS CANNOT BE CARRIED ! maybe just a peper spray and that's MAYBE

Well carried and owned are two different things. You can always OWN a gun and take it to the gun range (unloaded) etc. and shoot to your hearts content. But to carry (loaded) is hard to get a permit for... not impossible... even in MA but difficult for obvious reasons.

Guns are not illegal... I think they are too easy to get... even the carry permit.
Old 11-08-2004 | 05:59 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by BlueC
Wait, explain the entire accident, cause you said it was like the accident of the pictures of above, where that maxima rolled.

he was driving to NY on route 95. and he missed the fact that cars in front were moving 5 mph (traffic) so he hit SUV in the back. the front of the car was in worth condition then on those pictures. (i didn't notice the roll there) Car totaled, both bags out.
Old 11-08-2004 | 06:01 PM
wat

he was driving to NY on route 95. and he missed the fact that cars in front were moving 5 mph (traffic) so he hit SUV in the back. the front of the car was in worth condition then on those pictures. (i didn't notice the roll there) Car totaled, both bags out.
Depending on how fast he hit the SUV, he would have atleast had bruising and burns from the airbag. I had my seatbelt on and had a front end collision when I was riding in a friends truck at 30mph, and I still got scratches and some minor burns from the airbag.
Old 11-08-2004 | 06:02 PM

I hit a pole once in that car also. damages were close to 10 Gs, air bags out. was just holding on to the wheel and not a single scratch on the face also.
Old 11-08-2004 | 06:04 PM

Depending on how fast he hit the SUV, he would have atleast had bruising and burns from the airbag. I had my seatbelt on and had a front end collision when I was riding in a friends truck at 30mph, and I still got scratches and some minor burns from the airbag.

he said that he was driving 75 mph and the collusion was at around 40-50
Old 11-08-2004 | 06:05 PM

going 15mph in a crash (dead stop) you go forward with at least 3x the force of your body weight so you do the math at 30 mph and 45 and 60 etc etc THERE IS NO WAY YOU CAN STOP YOUR SELF BY HOLDING THE WHEEL NO WAY unless your moving at like 1mph
Old 11-08-2004 | 06:05 PM
acj

Originally Posted by Igobuk
Well carried and owned are two different things. You can always OWN a gun and take it to the gun range (unloaded) etc. and shoot to your hearts content. But to carry (loaded) is hard to get a permit for... not impossible... even in MA but difficult for obvious reasons.

Guns are not illegal... I think they are too easy to get... even the carry permit.

oh, and I'm not sure why I changed the focus of this to guns, but the "not legal" part got to me....
Old 11-08-2004 | 06:07 PM

I hit a pole once in that car also. damages were close to 10 Gs, air bags out. was just holding on to the wheel and not a single scratch on the face also.

btw. the car should have been totaled then. i just got ripped off by Nissan bodyshop. they told insurance company that it's only 5 Gs in damages and the total was 10 after they finished.
Old 11-08-2004 | 06:12 PM

yes. and how can you get a permit to carry a gun in MA? I read the law and it was pretty clear that it's not possible.
Old 11-08-2004 | 06:16 PM
wants the ads to die

To each his own, but let's just let survival of the fitest run it's course.
Old 11-08-2004 | 06:20 PM

and i just remembered 2 more accidents with my friends. one accident in brand new cherokke head to stationary and another GMC Yukon head to stationary. BOTH totaled, drivers, maybe just a blood from a lip.
Old 11-08-2004 | 06:25 PM
wat

Again, BS. You cant hold onto the steering wheel, there is too much force.
Old 11-08-2004 | 06:27 PM

yes. and how can you get a permit to carry a gun in MA? I read the law and it was pretty clear that it's not possible.
Well first of all... laws are rarely clear. I'm sure it's not easy to get a carry permit, but I'm sure it's possible. Else how are all those gun shops in MA staying in business ? Ask a gun store guy... I'm almost positive he'll be able to tell you how to go about applying for a gun carry permit. Whether you get approved or not is a different story.

Now no more gun talk... this isn't smith&wesson.org
Old 11-08-2004 | 06:29 PM

If you believe that you are safer driving without wearing your seatbelt you are an IDIOT, plain and simple.
Old 11-08-2004 | 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Zach95SE
Come on guys wouldn't you rather have a clean un-wrinkled shirt when you die from a high speed crash then an ugly wrinkled one?

I agree with this..you want to look good.
Old 11-08-2004 | 06:33 PM
Chassis Freak

Originally Posted by Terran
Okay post number three in this damn thread.

All you parents or future parents out there...EVERY time your children (young ones of course) get in the car ask them if their seatbelt is on. My parents did this with me and now I just wear my seatbelt without even thinking about it.
Likewise, and I'm very, very thankful that my parents instilled the habit in me.
Old 11-08-2004 | 06:33 PM

Its better to hold a small child in your lap to cusion the force than to wear the seatbelt, plus you cant hold on to the steering wheel.
Old 11-08-2004 | 06:34 PM

well. i don't have any prove. and it's pointless for me to try to prove something. If you think that it's BS then it's BS. also read that post above about my friends got in to accidents in SUVs and imagine at what speed u must drive in order to total Cheroke and Yukon, yet nothing happaned to them.
Old 11-08-2004 | 06:35 PM
wat

Originally Posted by VQuick
Likewise, and I'm very, very thankful that my parents instilled the habit in me.
I was trained like that too, but ever since I was 5, I didnt feel safe without one. I wasn't involved in an accident at that age or anything, but I like the feeling of being secured on turns and whatnot. To this day, I can't drive w/o a seatbelt, It just doesnt feel secure.
Old 11-08-2004 | 06:37 PM
Chassis Freak

Originally Posted by A32Matt
well, i usually wouldn't say anything, and i'm not sayin this is a reason not to wear your seatbelt (even though i usually don't)...i had a friend die in a crash 3 years ago New Years Eve because they hit an embankment and the seat belt just caused so much trauma to her that she died on the spot. really, it's just do you want to take a chance and not wear the seatbelt or just wear it and take your chances there. In any instance, you take chances. just my .02
And as I said before, I'd rather bet on the 99/100 odds rather than the 1/100 odds. ALL CHANCES ARE NOT EQUAL!
Old 11-08-2004 | 06:40 PM

Oh and BTW... steering wheels are made to collapse on impact. It's a reflex to hold on to the steering wheel when you're about to crash with your arms extended... car manufacturers know this and is why steering wheels are made to fold like butter in crashes and also why a common airbag injury is redness to face and forearms. But without the seatbelt, your face and/or sternum is going to eat the steering wheel followed by the windshield.

This is also why the Club sucks... you can cut the steering wheel in no time.

And the windshield is two layers of glass with plastic in the middle... it's the only piece of glass on a car that is layered this way. It's purpose is to PREVENT you flying through it. If anyone flew through a windshield... the amount of force it took to fly through it would most likely kill them.

And yes, a car accident is survivable without a seatbelt but it's stupid to risk. IMO.
Old 11-08-2004 | 06:44 PM
Chassis Freak

Anyhow, to each his own. Whether or not anyone wears a seatbelt is their business. Absolutely no one extra will get hurt except themselves. So if they want to gamble with themselves, up to them. I personally couldn't drive without it.
Not true. The more people go around driving without seat belts on, the more people get killed or wounded far more severly than if they had been belted. This causes increases in health care costs across the board. If you are paralyzed in an accident, say, your medical bills alone will probably be several million dollars (I know, I work at a personal injury law firm and see the actual numbers).

It all results in higher health and auto insurance premiums for EVERYONE. This is the main reason for seatbelt laws---the COST TO SOCIETY---not so the gov't can make a few bucks off of violators.
Old 11-08-2004 | 06:46 PM

Not true. The more people go around driving without seat belts on, the more people get killed or wounded far more severly than if they had been belted. This causes increases in health care costs across the board. If you are paralyzed in an accident, say, your medical bills alone will probably be several million dollars (I know, I work at a personal injury law firm and see the actual numbers).

It all results in higher health and auto insurance premiums for EVERYONE. This is the main reason for seatbelt laws---the COST TO SOCIETY---not so the gov't can make a few bucks off of violators.
Hmm, good point. Didn't look at the bigger picture.
Old 11-08-2004 | 06:46 PM

Darwin surrenders.
Old 11-08-2004 | 06:48 PM
Chassis Freak

and i just remembered 2 more accidents with my friends. one accident in brand new cherokke head to stationary and another GMC Yukon head to stationary. BOTH totaled, drivers, maybe just a blood from a lip.
Oh, OK, well in light of this new evidence you've presented, now we all believe you that seat belts don't save lives...

Old 11-08-2004 | 06:51 PM
It's chrome alright...

i am sure seatbelts safe lives but not in every situation. my step-mother never wears setbelt because one time when she got into an accident the seatbelt cut her stomach pretty bad and she had a surgery done because of that. I also saw on TV how a driver stayed alive after a highway accident because he was NOT wearing a seatbelt. The driver simply flew through the windshield, and if he was wearing a seatbelt, it would probably cut him on half.
Better to have abdominal surgery than be dead... did it ever cross your mind that MAYBE she would have been injured MUCH WORSE if she didn't have the seatbelt on? Or MAYBE she was wearing it incorrectly?

........but then again someone who makes this argument
the only reason it's THE LAW to wear seatbelts, is because it's an easy way for government to collect money from all the tickets
can't be all that bright... just let him not wear his belt and in a few years he'll make the darwin list and we'll all laugh that he's dead
Old 11-08-2004 | 06:51 PM
faster than you think

i like wearing seat belt.... it feels wierd if i dont wear it. main thing is it saves your life in accidents. why would you want to get pullover for some stupid lil thing and pay like million dollars for it.
Old 11-08-2004 | 06:53 PM

i've been wearing a seat belt for so long that i can not go without it, and when people don't wear it i feel weird cause i wonder whats so hard about wearing one. from the first day i've driven i've worn a seatbelt so i cant live without it!!!
Old 11-08-2004 | 06:56 PM
wat

Oh yea, seatbelts cause more harm than good....

Look at an accident I was involved in a year ago:

Only injuries: Bump on the back of my head (from the head rest).

Wearing seat belt: Yes

I wonder what would have happened if I wasnt wearing one. The paramedics told me I would have been in bad shape most likely, since the impact would have thrown me into the left side of the interior, basically breaking my left arm and possible breaking ribs, or even head trauma.

Point is, the seatbelt kept me in place. I had no side airbags, front ones did not deploy (no need).
Old 11-08-2004 | 06:57 PM

like i said speeding and DUI/OUI laws are made so that the gov't can make few bucks of violators.
Old 11-08-2004 | 06:58 PM
I'm nutty for Nissans

Just like fanaticrockford said, if you want the light off just reach under the seat and unplug the connector. It stops the gay beep too.

In NH if your 18+ you dont have to wear it.
It's chrome alright...

wow ! Do you know that guns save more people that they actually kill? yet guns are not legal.
Yes they are... wtf are you talking about?
Do you know that there are many ways to avoid drinking and driving? Gov. doesn't use them....why? No profit ! Did you ever hear about speed traps where speed limit is 35-45 on the HIGHWAY? why? not because of safety reason, but so that u get that ticket ! ****ing cop told me that himself!
......again, wtf are you talking about??

I'm trying to make sense of your last statements... let me rephrase and see if I got it right:

"Do you know that I'm a moron who can't avoid making stupid mistakes? I've never tried because I'm too dumb. So the state keeps making money off me until I finally do something really dumb and die. But I'll pretend I talked to a cop to make my story sound better, even though it's most moronic thing ever written in all 2,803,587 posts on maxima.org."

Is that about what you meant? If not, please let us know.

...........speedtrap 35-45 on the highway..... where do you people think this stuff up?

why are you guys trying to convince this moron otherwise?

just let him remove himself from the gene pool as soon as possible
Old 11-08-2004 | 06:59 PM

Oh, OK, well in light of this new evidence you've presented, now we all believe you that seat belts don't save lives...

i try not to swear, but it's getting hard....... WHEN DID I EVER SAID THAT SEATBELTS DON'T SAVE LIVES ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????/

WFT?????
Old 11-08-2004 | 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by 2k2wannabe
Yes they are... wtf are you talking about?......again, wtf are you talking about??

I'm trying to make sense of your last statements... let me rephrase and see if I got it right:

"Do you know that I'm a moron who can't avoid making stupid mistakes? I've never tried because I'm too dumb. So the state keeps making money off me until I finally do something really dumb and die. But I'll pretend I talked to a cop to make my story sound better, even though it's most moronic thing ever written in all 2,803,587 posts on maxima.org."

...........speedtrap 35-45 on the highway..... where do you people think this stuff up?

READ THREAD BEFORE POSTING STUPID COMMENTS
Old 11-08-2004 | 07:02 PM
It's chrome alright...

i'm saying that if every person carries a gun, lives will be saved. It's a fact. (or at least self-deffence weapons) in MA non of that is allowed. DUI will never be stopped for good by goverment beacuse gov. make **** lot of money if one gets pulled over for DUI. And YES you can put better affort to decrease DUIs.
I'm going to reply to these as I read them rather than wait until I get to the end of the thread... it's more fun to watch the ignorance build than it is to wait until the final "MORON" climax.

Yes, it is legal to carry a gun in MA. Get a concealed carry permit and you're good to go, but since you're going off "what you heard" you have no idea how dumb you sound, do you?
Old 11-08-2004 | 07:05 PM
It's chrome alright...

IN MASSACHUSETTS GUNS CAN NOT BE CARRIED EVEN WITH THE PERMIT ! SELF-DEFENCE WEAPONS CANNOT BE CARRIED ! maybe just a peper spray and that's MAYBE
NO NO NO, NO NO, NO NO NO NO NO.

WRONG WRONG, WRONG WRONG WRONG, WRONG WRONG.

Right on the pepper-spray, though.

Are you making this stuff up as you go, or do you have a cheat sheet you're getting them from? You should write fiction, man, because this stuff is 90% untrue, but good. move to hollywood, show them this thread...you'll easily get a job writing screenplays!
Old 11-08-2004 | 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by 2k2wannabe
Yes they are... wtf are you talking about?......again, wtf are you talking about??

ROUTE 90. MASS. PIKE. BOSTON. ALL THE SAME HIGHway speeds from 35 to 65 and used to be even 25 at the end. and i myself got pulled over in 25 mph zone for going 55 mph aside with a cop. and i told him that it's stupid to drive 25 here, he agreed and just let me go, just told me to be carefull. NOW IS THAT RIDICULOUS SPEED LIMIT FOR YOUR SAFETY?
Old 11-08-2004 | 07:11 PM
It's chrome alright...

And as I said before, I'd rather bet on the 99/100 odds rather than the 1/100 odds. ALL CHANCES ARE NOT EQUAL!
I'm going to line up 100 people and swing a baseball bat at their heads. I'll guarantee one person will not get hit as hard, and I might even miss completely... but just one person. The other 99 get Louisville Slugger to the face at full force.

Basically he's saying he's banking on being that one guy. How intelligent does that sound??
Old 11-08-2004 | 07:14 PM

like i said speeding and DUI/OUI laws are made so that the gov't can make few bucks of violators.

This is what's called a "penalty." You don't wanna pay the government money? [Jim Carrey] STOP BREAKING THE LAW A$$HOLE! [/Jim Carrey]

And I agree you did not say seatbelts did not save lives. Some of us are just trying to teach you now before you learn the hard way.

Quick Reply: For those who hate annoying seatbelt light