4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

For those who hate annoying seatbelt light

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2004 | 07:14 PM
It's chrome alright...

Originally Posted by Kolyan
like i said speeding and DUI/OUI laws are made so that the gov't can make few bucks of violators.
Would you PLEASE stfu.

"the only reason" ??????? How about "because thousands of INNOCENT people die each year from DUI so cops are kind of hard-asss about keeping drunks off the road" .... did that every cross your tiny little brain?
Old 11-08-2004 | 07:18 PM
Chassis Freak

Originally Posted by 2k2wannabe
I'm going to line up 100 people and swing a baseball bat at their heads. I'll guarantee one person will not get hit as hard, and I might even miss completely... but just one person. The other 99 get Louisville Slugger to the face at full force.

Basically he's saying he's banking on being that one guy. How intelligent does that sound??
Exactly. . . .
Old 11-08-2004 | 07:19 PM
Chassis Freak

Originally Posted by JSutter
In NH if your 18+ you dont have to wear it.
Live free and die.
Old 11-08-2004 | 07:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by fanaticrockford
or else you could disconnect the wire for it under the drivers seat
mine is unplugged

BUT I ALWAYS wear my seat belt... if you wear it and use it properly it will save your life, if it is on improperly yes it can kill you...

airbags and pop in relatively minor accidents, adding insult to injury but I would say in sever accidents, the airbag is your friend
Old 11-08-2004 | 07:23 PM
It's chrome alright...

READ THREAD BEFORE POSTING STUPID COMMENTS
you're calling my comments stupid...

you say

-(in a) high speed (accident your) seat belt will probably kill you
-I know of 5 people who've been in accidents with no seatbelts and lived, so it must be safer
-I can hold the force of my own weight in a head on collision
-guns are not legal
-the govt does not stop DUI/speeders so they can make money off the fines
-"affort" is a word
-you've totalled the same $8k car twice for damages equalling over $21,000

and I'm the stupid one... NOT ONE OF THOSE STATEMENTS IS TRUE!

you're killing me
Old 11-08-2004 | 07:33 PM
It's chrome alright...

ROUTE 90. MASS. PIKE. BOSTON. ALL THE SAME HIGHway speeds from 35 to 65 and used to be even 25 at the end. and i myself got pulled over in 25 mph zone for going 55 mph aside with a cop. and i told him that it's stupid to drive 25 here, he agreed and just let me go, just told me to be carefull. NOW IS THAT RIDICULOUS SPEED LIMIT FOR YOUR SAFETY?
Total BS.

http://www.mit.edu/~jfc/NMA/730CMR.html#speed

IN THE TUNNELS is 35 and 40, but the pike itself is 55. 25mph zone on the mass pike... wow. It was 25 when cars had to worry about passing horses and buggies, but since 1938 it's been a little higher than that.

yourself.
Old 11-08-2004 | 07:34 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

you're calling my comments stupid...

you say

-(in a) high speed (accident your) seat belt will probably kill you
-I know of 5 people who've been in accidents with no seatbelts and lived, so it must be safer
-I can hold the force of my own weight in a head on collision
-guns are not legal
-the govt does not stop DUI/speeders so they can make money off the fines
-"affort" is a word
-you've totalled the same $8k car twice for damages equalling over $21,000

and I'm the stupid one... NOT ONE OF THOSE STATEMENTS IS TRUE!

you're killing me

Ignorant Fack !
Old 11-08-2004 | 07:36 PM
Always sunny in philly

Just wear your ******* seatbelt. Jesus. Car manuf. make these devices to ENSURE our safety. I'm sure that they've done many tests and came up to the conclusion that wearing your seatbelt will do you better than harm.

if you dont believe in wearing a seat belt, might as well sell your airbags, windshield, bumpers, brakes, etc....
Old 11-08-2004 | 07:41 PM
It's chrome alright...

Ignorant Fack !
How am I ignorant? I copied/pasted half of those and just rephrased the others...

THOSE ARE YOUR WORDS so if they're ignorant, guess who gets the award??
Old 11-08-2004 | 07:50 PM

How am I ignorant? I copied/pasted half of those and just rephrased the others...

THOSE ARE YOUR WORDS so if they're ignorant, guess who gets the award??
next time don't rephrase and maybe then it will make more sense.
Old 11-08-2004 | 07:55 PM
RaWr!!! ('''_(o_O)_''')

this is the most retarted **** i have ever read
Old 11-08-2004 | 07:59 PM
It's chrome alright...

next time don't rephrase and maybe then it will make more sense.
That was weak...you ignorant fack

By rephrase I meant i took 5 or 6 posts about you knowing people who've been in accidents and not gotten hurt and put that in one line. I didn't change the intent of any of your posts, and that's why they didn't make any sense.......because YOU aren't making any sense.

So, you're going to ignore me calling on your pike story? I'm not surprised, you've lied at least 4 or 5 other times in this thread, why not ignore that lie too and just keep accusing others of being ignorant.

Obligatory seatbelt safety link:
http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/people/inju...factsheet.html

Can you rectify your views on "seat belt will probably kill you" (copy/paste, exact words) when looking at the facts in that link?

For example: In fatal crashes, 75 percent of all passenger car occupants who were totally ejected were killed. Only 1 percent of those occupants had been using a safety belt.
Old 11-08-2004 | 08:00 PM

All you have to do is remove the bulb from the dash.
Old 11-08-2004 | 08:06 PM

That was weak...you ignorant fack

By rephrase I meant i took 5 or 6 posts about you knowing people who've been in accidents and not gotten hurt and put that in one line. I didn't change the intent of any of your posts, and that's why they didn't make any sense.......because YOU aren't making any sense.

So, you're going to ignore me calling on your pike story? I'm not surprised, you've lied at least 4 or 5 other times in this thread, why not ignore that lie too and just keep accusing others of being ignorant.

Obligatory seatbelt safety link:

Can you rectify your views on "seat belt will probably kill you" (copy/paste, exact words) when looking at the facts in that link?

For example: In fatal crashes, 75 percent of all passenger car occupants who were totally ejected were killed. Only 1 percent of those occupants had been using a safety belt.

whatever u say. the only thing i can say is that I'm WRONG about the firearms law. U can carry a weapon with Class A LTC, but u need a pretty good ****in reason to get appoved.

Sorry everybody, this is the only thing that i lied about, or actually not LIED but was just WRONG.
Old 11-08-2004 | 08:19 PM
Maxima lover

Does anyone know a way to get our seatbelts to lock at one position like racing seatbelts do? I like that locked in feeling. I would probably wear my seatbelt more if it wouldn’t be able to move.
Old 11-08-2004 | 08:24 PM

Old 11-08-2004 | 08:25 PM

u probably shouldn't post here. i was called a ****in idiot for not wearing a seatbelt, wait till they get you for driving 140
Old 11-08-2004 | 08:25 PM

You know what .. I am sorry. I almost lost my friend to him and his gf not wearing there seatbelt. Guess what he wasnt wearing his so his body slammed into the steering wheel and his head into the windshield. No airbags means he hit the steering wheel so hard he had a collapsed lung. This 17 year old kid walked with a cane for almost a year and had his GF die becuase of no seatbelt. Saying that you have enough force to keep yourself from hitting the windshield is just stupid becuase all it takes is being hit from behind unexpectantly ..

After losing freinds to flying out of cars I guess they just werent the lucky ones right.. Or how about almost losing cousins to stupid drunk drivers.. yeah thats great we just want money from DUI I mean they dont kill innocent drivers on the road ever.
Old 11-08-2004 | 08:27 PM

and it's funny the title of the thread is " For those who hate annoying seatbelt light", and the only people in here are the ones that love their seatbelts
Old 11-08-2004 | 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Intel
You know what .. I am sorry. I almost lost my friend to him and his gf not wearing there seatbelt. Guess what he wasnt wearing his so his body slammed into the steering wheel and his head into the windshield. No airbags means he hit the steering wheel so hard he had a collapsed lung. This 17 year old kid walked with a cane for almost a year and had his GF die becuase of no seatbelt. Saying that you have enough force to keep yourself from hitting the windshield is just stupid becuase all it takes is being hit from behind unexpectantly ..

After losing freinds to flying out of cars I guess they just werent the lucky ones right.. Or how about almost losing cousins to stupid drunk drivers.. yeah thats great we just want money from DUI I mean they dont kill innocent drivers on the road ever.

if u read the thread, u will see that i never said that seatbelts don't save lives and this "Saying that you have enough force to keep yourself from hitting the windshield"
and about DUI. I've been through DUI (i wasn't driving, just sleeping in the car with heat running) and the classes that u have to take are just lame and most people here in MA know that and they are NOT made for you to learn anything. (we were just watching movies). All they want u to do is pay the money. There are more efficient ways to stop drunk driver then send them to classes where they don't learn ****.
Old 11-08-2004 | 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Maxima lover
Does anyone know a way to get our seatbelts to lock at one position like racing seatbelts do? I like that locked in feeling. I would probably wear my seatbelt more if it wouldn’t be able to move.

Ugh, I would hate wearing my seat belt if it was locked.

u probably shouldn't post here. i was called a ****in idiot for not wearing a seatbelt, wait till they get you for driving 140
But he's wearing his seat belt. (although he he is doing 140, the left lane is about to end, and his CEL is on )

_

Some of you guys on here have the dumbest logic ever. . seriously. Seatbelts do more harm that good in an accident = stupid statement. But hey - I dont care if people wear the seatbelts or not, i'll wear mine, but don't try to argue that you're better off without a seatbelt.
Old 11-08-2004 | 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Wisky97SE
Ugh, I would hate wearing my seat belt if it was locked.

But he's wearing his seat belt. (although he he is doing 140, the left lane is about to end, and his CEL is on )

_

Some of you guys on here have the dumbest logic ever. . seriously. Seatbelts do more harm that good in an accident = stupid statement. But hey - I dont care if people wear the seatbelts or not, i'll wear mine, but don't try to argue that you're better off without a seatbelt.
nobody said this here man. it's just some people here like to rephrase my words. all i said was that sometimes seatbelts cause serious injuries or even kill people. i never said that people should not wear them or that they cause more harm then good.
Old 11-08-2004 | 08:57 PM
It's chrome alright...

whatever u say. the only thing i can say is that I'm WRONG about the firearms law. U can carry a weapon with Class A LTC, but u need a pretty good ****in reason to get appoved.
No, you need the 2nd amendment, and if the police captain denies you take him to court and you'll win, but this thread isn't about that, it's about seatbelts and how you can be so ignorant...

please

And what about the lie about the pike? Care to expand on that?
Old 11-08-2004 | 09:00 PM
It's chrome alright...

There are more efficient ways to stop drunk driver then send them to classes where they don't learn ****.
Like what?
Old 11-08-2004 | 09:01 PM
It's chrome alright...

nobody said this here man. it's just some people here like to rephrase my words. all i said was that sometimes seatbelts cause serious injuries or even kill people. i never said that people should not wear them or that they cause more harm then good.
Sometimes the polio vaccine causes polio........... if you don't get that point you're too dumb to drive.
Old 11-08-2004 | 09:04 PM

No, you need the 2nd amendment, and if the police captain denies you take him to court and you'll win, but this thread isn't about that, it's about seatbelts and how you can be so ignorant...

please

And what about the lie about the pike? Care to expand on that?

sure. u begin the pike with 40 or 45 then it gets to 55 then down to 45 again, and only then it's 65. and it used to be 25 at the very end, in boston. NO ONE EVER used to drive 25, and no one ever drives 45 today. it's a highway. how is it not safe to drive 65?
Old 11-08-2004 | 09:07 PM

sure. u begin the pike with 40 or 45 then it gets to 55 then down to 45 again, and only then it's 65. and it used to be 25 at the very end, in boston. NO ONE EVER used to drive 25, and no one ever drives 45 today. it's a highway. how is it not safe to drive 65?

cops know this. i know this. and since everyone else drives at lease 55-65 and most 70-75, then they know this too. but u still can get pulled over and get a ticket.
Old 11-08-2004 | 09:11 PM

Like what?

take my home country for example. If you get drunk in a good bar or a club, there is a chance u get a free ride home. the taxi for about an hour ride will cost u $5 (here in Boston probably $100, and most people can't afford that and take risk with DUI). In Boston public transportation is not available at night.........so what most drunks do?

if gov't instead of keeping thousands of dollars for 1 DUI was to invest in saving lives in USA. 100% this could have been done.
Old 11-08-2004 | 09:14 PM

cover the cost of taxi at certain hours, offer free rides at clubs, bars. have some sort of public tranportation between the "drinking hours"
Old 11-08-2004 | 09:20 PM

even 65 is ridiculous, some countries don't even have speed limit, and i am sure that they have less accidents then here
Old 11-08-2004 | 09:24 PM

You must live in the middle of nowhere then, its pretty popular out on Long Island. As long as your drunk you get driven home free in a taxi.
Old 11-08-2004 | 09:25 PM

u wanna save lives? DON'T LET OLD FARTS DRIVE. make sure people after age of 70 take special driving exams. how many accidents did they cause? ****ing alot ! by far more dangerous then driving above the speed limit !
Old 11-08-2004 | 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Ant96GLE
You must live in the middle of nowhere then, its pretty popular out on Long Island. As long as your drunk you get driven home free in a taxi.

Boston. and not a single club offers free rides here.
Old 11-08-2004 | 09:44 PM
It's chrome alright...

cover the cost of taxi at certain hours, offer free rides at clubs, bars. have some sort of public tranportation between the "drinking hours"
SURE!! Let's underwrite irresponsible drinking by paying for cabs for drunks... or since this is all about drinking, how about we just have booze delivered to anyone's house who asks. That'll keep the drunks off the road.

And then next we should let school nurses give free abortions to any girl who wants one... screw (sorry for the pun) personal responsibility, everything is society's problem, not the individual's.

/this asinine way of thinking.
Old 11-08-2004 | 09:46 PM
It's chrome alright...

even 65 is ridiculous, some countries don't even have speed limit, and i am sure that they have less accidents then here
Do you plan on proving any of this? Are you going to throw "autobahn" out there and hope everyone goes "ooh......ahh"?

Even the europeans realize too many people die from high speed, and most sections of the autobahn have speed limits.

From your arguments I'm guessing you're 19-23yo. How'd I do?
Old 11-08-2004 | 09:47 PM
It's chrome alright...

u wanna save lives? DON'T LET OLD FARTS DRIVE. make sure people after age of 70 take special driving exams. how many accidents did they cause? ****ing alot ! by far more dangerous then driving above the speed limit !
People 16-23 have significantly more accidents than people 65-75.

Please stop until you have at least one fact per post.
Old 11-08-2004 | 09:54 PM

From your arguments I'm guessing you're 19-23yo. How'd I do?
Well his age thing says he's 24, so you're close. But am I the only one getting the notion he's still in high school? Who else could take his own ignorance so personally?
Old 11-08-2004 | 09:58 PM
It's chrome alright...

Originally Posted by SOAD1983
Who else could take his own ignorance so personally?
HAHAHAAAAaaa!!!!!

BEAUTIFUL!!!
Old 11-08-2004 | 10:03 PM

Then again when Germans want to die all they do is drive the wrong way on the autobahn.. .its a very popular form of suicide over there.

And why are you guys arguing with him? Let him die already, atleast you wont have to worry about him reproducing and leaving the rest of us with little retards like him.
Old 11-08-2004 | 10:22 PM

SURE!! Let's underwrite irresponsible drinking by paying for cabs for drunks... or since this is all about drinking, how about we just have booze delivered to anyone's house who asks. That'll keep the drunks off the road.

And then next we should let school nurses give free abortions to any girl who wants one... screw (sorry for the pun) personal responsibility, everything is society's problem, not the individual's.

/this asinine way of thinking.
a bar is a place were people drink. shouldn't they be able to get home from the bar somehow?

and what kind of facts do u need? the fact that there was 2 accidents this month with 2 senior citizen. several kids from elementary school were injured and i believe 1 kid died.

Quick Reply: For those who hate annoying seatbelt light