4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Replacing front bumper and left fender...need help

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 03:19 PM

Replacing front bumper and left fender...need help

well it looks like the other guys insurance isnt gonna pay for my car since he has no insurance. Fawkin B!tch!!!!!!!! So im gonna do everything my self except for paint.

I need a new front bumper, turning signal lenses, and a new drivers side fender. Here are my ideas. im sick of the 95 bumper so im gonna get a 97+ style bumper. Can the foam impact thing from my 95 fit behind the 97 bumper? Im gonna go to a yard and try to find a bumper but if i cant then im just gonna get one off of ebay.

as far as the turning signals im just gonna get some clear bumpers. is the clear bumper lenses just a plastic lens that goes onto the old housing, or is it an entire new housing. my old housing is smashed and not usable.

Im getting a fender at a yard. i think this is everything i need besides the bolts and stuff. suffered no frame dammage since i was hit on the side.

I would like to know if anyone has a diagram of where all the bolts are for the left fender and the front bumper. Im currently lookin right now but cant find anything, and i went to pepboys to look for a haynes manual ad they didnt have any. any help would be great!!!!!!!!!

any comments, suggestions?
Old 11-10-2004, 03:40 PM

I'm pretty sure the foam for a 97+ is different since the bumper is different and the foam was desinged to fit the 95,96 bumper.

clear bumper lenses you'll need a whole new housing for them. In terms on install and where to find the bolts, look around they are there, for the fender when you pop the hood look at the edge you'll see the screws for the fender but their painted the color of your car so they will be hard to see. the bumper has 3 screws at each side of the bumper adge by the clear corner but on the inside, then there are 3 more bolts under each head light for a total of about 12 bolts for the front bumper. You'll need something strong to break the bolts for the fender.

Dont remember seeing anything in the haynes for bumper removal but its just a matter of removing screws thats it, so it will be a rather easy job once you find all the scews.
Old 11-10-2004, 04:53 PM
Hooooooonda.....

The styrofoam is the same.
Old 11-10-2004, 07:00 PM

ok so the foam is the same correct?

for the bumper lenses i will need to buy new orange corners so i can have the housing then remove the orange part then install the clear lens?

i oppened te hood and i do see the bolts for the fender, i think i saw about 3 or 4, is that it? are there any under the car or anywhere else. im gonna have to look more in the morning when the sun is up.

thanx for the help guys, i really appreciate it.

any other advice
Old 11-10-2004, 09:44 PM

the clear lensed bumper lights come with housing, bulbs...everything you need for about $30 on ebay.
Old 11-11-2004, 10:09 AM

thanx saddles, i checked out ebay and sent a email to the seller jus to confirm. they dont look like DC corners tho but oh well. i really wanted the Black Chrome ones anyway but i cant be picky now, i need my car on the road.
Old 11-11-2004, 02:25 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Magikone69
well it looks like the other guys insurance isnt gonna pay for my car since he has no insurance. Fawkin B!tch!!!!!!!!
How can a person have insurance and no insurance at the same time?