4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

what to do

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2004, 05:36 PM

i try to be as careful as possible. i know that if i do get in a wreck or something that will be the end of cars until i purchase my own again, my parents would flip. really im not looking to do any mods to make it faster because really the cars probably too fast for me as it is. i really just want to make it handle better.

my parents said they would allow me to buy a rear sway bar and front strut. but first, unfortunately, i have to get a new rear bumper (my brother was driving, not me). but after i get the bumper i should get my sway and strut bars.
Old 12-15-2004, 05:36 PM
Team Ramrod

Originally Posted by jdm71488
in your eyes maybe... ive been with my girl for just about 2 years straight and i just got back from taking her to a park and sitting to watch the water...

you don't have to think of a relationship as some sort of forever bond... if you like hanging out and the personality of someone then hang on to it... i can't say if i will be with her a month from now, but i'm still in it because we have yet to grow tired of each other and have grown so close that it's like we are dating, but best friends as well...

you don't always have to spend money...
tru dat, ive been with my gf for almost a year now... my car comes second
Old 12-15-2004, 05:40 PM
wants the ads to die

Another idea to get around the parents completly is to look around locally for a performance shop. I'm sure they'll order the parts for you.
Old 12-15-2004, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by enjoyincubus504
tru dat, ive been with my gf for almost a year now... my car comes second
i like to think of them as equal...
Old 12-15-2004, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by jdm71488
in your eyes maybe... ive been with my girl for just about 2 years straight and i just got back from taking her to a park and sitting to watch the water...
Damn, isn't that sweet. I wish I could do that, well if I had a steady girl, but even if I did there's nothing nice and beautiful about watchin tires/rats/vials and bodies floating there way from one side of the Hudson to the other. Damn I love our murky waters.
Old 12-15-2004, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Max Mutes
Damn, isn't that sweet. I wish I could do that, well if I had a steady girl, but even if I did there's nothing nice and beautiful about watchin tires/rats/vials and bodies floating there way from one side of the Hudson to the other. Damn I love our murky waters.
One of those hit and run guys huh? You give us all a bad name
Old 12-15-2004, 05:46 PM

i guess it is just me. i was in a relationship for alittle over a year, but personally, i enjoy being single more. just more free of worries around my home. but if it works for you then im happy for you.

i have infact gone to "Urban Imports" the local import shop. they have decent prices so if my parents dont let me get the stuff I'll probably end up going there.
Old 12-15-2004, 05:46 PM
Back from the dead

Originally Posted by enjoyincubus504
hahaha
thats why im workin at lexus, mcdonalds, and a golf course in the spring-fall. my parents dont say a word about what i spend it on, because they figure i worked hard for it. thats my strategy, its a lot of work(obviously) but i come home with about 300(oops, wrong button) a week after tax, so im doin aiite.
Old 12-15-2004, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by RockfordMax
thats why im workin at lexus, mcdonalds, and a golf course in the spring-fall. my parents dont say a word about what i spend it on, because they figure i worked hard for it. thats my strategy, its a lot of work(obviously) but i come home with about 600 a week after tax, so im doin aiite.
600/wk... hmph... ... yeah, i pull about 50-100/wk...
Old 12-15-2004, 05:50 PM

HaHa, nah thing is I love it. Well...not really, but there's nothin romantic about our waters lmao! Liberty State Park overlook the beautiful wa-....I mean NY Skyl- I mean...damn WTF can you overlook?

Man, I remember I cut school that day and people started screamin about what had happened and we all ran up to the top of this factory and seen the whole sh*t. Damn man...9/11 was crazy

Edit: Misread your comment. LoL, but no I'm a good guy. Seriously. I mean...
Old 12-15-2004, 05:51 PM
Team Ramrod

Originally Posted by RockfordMax
thats why im workin at lexus, mcdonalds, and a golf course in the spring-fall. my parents dont say a word about what i spend it on, because they figure i worked hard for it. thats my strategy, its a lot of work(obviously) but i come home with about 600 a week after tax, so im doin aiite.
good for u... i only make 70 a week at $10/hour... i have my whole life ahead of me to work hard, but if i had to work hard, like in the summer... id do it
Old 12-15-2004, 05:51 PM

600 is good, the most ive mad in one week so far was 110 i think...hopefully ill move up to a better paying job soon.
Old 12-15-2004, 05:55 PM

can't wait though... im building a database for escamiba county school district for a capstone project. This summer, my teacher is getting me a consultant job going to each teacher in the county who requests it, and teach them how to use the web interface i made...

he gave me a qoute of atleast $30/hr at 3-4 hr sessions... for just about every teacher/admin in the county... if will happen like i plan, i doubt it, but it should be somewhat like he said...
Old 12-15-2004, 05:57 PM

i wish my teachers would do stuff like that. thats gonna be good pay though!
Old 12-15-2004, 06:07 PM
Back from the dead

yeah, looks like automotive opens a lot of doors too. ive gotten jobs through school and relatives installing stereos, subs, speakers, etc, and ive got friends asking me to install catbacks and ram air intakes. and at 20 bucks a shot, i get lots of referrals to other people. low charge = volume = same as if you charged a lot, but more popular.
Old 12-15-2004, 06:10 PM

You guys are just lucky to have jobs I applide at over 20 places and haven't received a single call-really dishearening. But I'm sure eventually I'll get a job. Until then its stock Max for me but trust me I ain't complainin.
Old 12-15-2004, 06:12 PM

i had that problem. until i got a real job i mowed peoples lawn and did other chores to get money. im not sure if thats an option where you live, but things like washing cars and stuff can bring in some money.
Old 12-15-2004, 06:23 PM
Back from the dead

Originally Posted by OkoYoko123
i had that problem. until i got a real job i mowed peoples lawn and did other chores to get money. im not sure if thats an option where you live, but things like washing cars and stuff can bring in some money.
werd. i made at least 500 a summer mowin 3 lawns.
Old 12-15-2004, 07:04 PM
sunten1

Originally Posted by maximamike88
You guys are just lucky to have jobs I applide at over 20 places and haven't received a single call-really dishearening. But I'm sure eventually I'll get a job. Until then its stock Max for me but trust me I ain't complainin.

Dude a help full tip if you apply some where and you don't recieve a call in a few day, instead call them. this makes them think that you really want this job and they might reconsider you....

Old 12-15-2004, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Max Mutes
HaHa, nah thing is I love it. Well...not really, but there's nothin romantic about our waters lmao! Liberty State Park overlook the beautiful wa-....I mean NY Skyl- I mean...damn WTF can you overlook?

Man, I remember I cut school that day and people started screamin about what had happened and we all ran up to the top of this factory and seen the whole sh*t. Damn man...9/11 was crazy

Edit: Misread your comment. LoL, but no I'm a good guy. Seriously. I mean...
I was just joking

You need to get out more.. go to the Brooklyn Promenade under the Brooklyn Bridge, directly across from the South STreet Seaport... The Piers at Long Island City on 48st, Battery Park, Ft Tryon Park... theres alot of beautiful places by the water in the city... even on the Jersey side, JFK Blvd north of the Lincoln Tunnel.
Old 12-16-2004, 05:40 AM

I never seen a post completely filled with teenagers. Funny to hear all the comments and remember back to those years. Not mocking or anything guys just funny the way you guys talk...I can remember thinking some of the same things you guys do. Anyways, just drive a little slower and be safe, it probably won't be you that gets hurt when driving crazy...it will be a mini-van filled with little kids! When i was 17 i had like 20 points on my license up till about 21-22, now i haven't had a ticket in 15 years and no longer have points but i paid for a long time and looking back now i realize how reckless i was. I didn't listen to older people then so i doubt you will listen to us, but i have to post just to ease my own conscience. If i would have listened back then i would have save thousands of dollars.
Old 12-16-2004, 05:58 AM
What was that?

Don't spend all of your money on mods for your car. Save up for college. This **** is expensive. I work summers making about $3K per summer and I only spent like $300 of it on my car. The rest of ot went to school. Just remember 1 book in college could cost you about $200 which is a good y-pipe for your car. All these young orgers here makes me feel kinda old.