4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

DuuuDDE.............. never seen these headlights nor this bodykit on a maxima b4!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2005, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by liqidvenom
maximaboy...u need to shut up so we can figure out how to install lights like these on our maxes
Sorry, I wasn't try to ruffle feathers, I just don't understand some stuff...
I apoligize....... unless someone agrees with me...... just kidding...
Old 01-15-2005, 08:03 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by MAXIMABOY
Sorry, I wasn't try to ruffle feathers, I just don't understand some stuff...
What don't you understand here? Yes, those lights are for an Accord. So what? In case you haven't noticed, the market for 4th gen headlight assemblies is pretty much non-existent, aside from Cefiros or homemade projectors. There's plenty of people looking for alternatives for any number of reasons, thus you have to start checking out similar styles. These don't interest me, and the fitment looks to be a big challenge, but if people dig em, let them. If you think they look stupid, you should be happy people buy them - that only makes your car look better because it doesn't have them, right?

Use your complaint when you see a thread titled "H22A Swap Completed!" or something....
Old 01-15-2005, 08:04 PM

maximaboy...u need to shut up so we can figure out how to install lights like these on our maxes
lmfao
im tempted to just buy these and tinker with them, i hav my old fender from my car accident that i can cut and experiment with fittiment. if it doesnt work i can jus give them to my friends big bro, im sure he would buy em.

as far as the lighting quality goes i can give a rats *** because we all know the stock lighting is horrible on our cars anyway, im sure these cant be that much worse.

and about the honduh thing.....so what. its not like putting a powered by mugen emblem or type r emblem or doing an s2000 rear convrsion. i mean its not that obvious that they are honda lights. try to put 7 series bimmer lights and everyone will know where they came from.

p.s what about the 95 96 97 style accord lights, if i remember correctly they are a lil smaller and arent they 2 piece? think it may be a better fit?
Old 01-15-2005, 08:18 PM

I remember chatting with an Eclipse owner who bought cheap angel/projector headlights from ebay and also complained about the light output.
Old 01-15-2005, 08:22 PM
brotherhood of tq

hey maximaboy i wasnt tryin to be a *** to you i jsut didnt want people coming in here and saying bad things about it and having it be locked or something
Old 01-15-2005, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by SolidSnake
What don't you understand here? Yes, those lights are for an Accord. So what? In case you haven't noticed, the market for 4th gen headlight assemblies is pretty much non-existent, aside from Cefiros or homemade projectors. There's plenty of people looking for alternatives for any number of reasons, thus you have to start checking out similar styles. These don't interest me, and the fitment looks to be a big challenge, but if people dig em, let them. If you think they look stupid, you should be happy people buy them - that only makes your car look better because it doesn't have them, right?

Use your complaint when you see a thread titled "H22A Swap Completed!" or something....
Again, I'm sorry I don't know what I was thinking, running my mouth about what people do to their cars. It's your car, do to it what you will. I'm just a fan of less is more. You have a nice looking Max SE and tint the windows, put some nice wheels on, clear lenses, and maybe remove the Nissan emblem off the trunk. To me, that looks nice, simple, yet nice. People look at your car and say, " gee, that looks nice", not overdone. But that's just me.
Signing off now, as I'm about to fall on my face
Have a good night/day
Old 01-15-2005, 09:47 PM
is craving Bojangles

People look at your car and say, " gee, that looks nice", not overdone. But that's just me.
i see your point, but would you rather have someone that says "gee that looks nice" or someone that says "holy FUKC was that a maxima?!?!" to me i think id prefer having the latter, a car that is talked about weeks after they see it instead of one that thinks thats nice and forgets about it with the next green light. ever seen a show car where people are like "gee thats nice" nah i dont think so. if you want a car that people will remember, you go all out. like the 3rd gen on a full air ride with great paint and wrx tail lights, to me i think hes in the upper part of the top 5 maximas ever. but we know of him because he went all out. i bet you cant think of anyone person that has had evo5s and stillen kits; sure they always look good, but at the end of the day your going to remember the guys that went all out to make there car sick. its just a testament of all the time, money, and hardwork they spent on "just a car". so heres to the people that go all out, you have my respect.
Old 01-15-2005, 09:53 PM
Always sunny in philly

Evo5's and stillen kits are so played out
Old 01-15-2005, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by max prodigy
i see your point, but would you rather have someone that says "gee that looks nice" or someone that says "holy FUKC was that a maxima?!?!" to me i think id prefer having the latter, a car that is talked about weeks after they see it instead of one that thinks thats nice and forgets about it with the next green light. ever seen a show car where people are like "gee thats nice" nah i dont think so. if you want a car that people will remember, you go all out. like the 3rd gen on a full air ride with great paint and wrx tail lights, to me i think hes in the upper part of the top 5 maximas ever. but we know of him because he went all out. i bet you cant think of anyone person that has had evo5s and stillen kits; sure they always look good, but at the end of the day your going to remember the guys that went all out to make there car sick. its just a testament of all the time, money, and hardwork they spent on "just a car". so heres to the people that go all out, you have my respect.
Ariffo or whoever that guy is has a stillen kit and evo5s on a 97-99 max and everyone still talks about his maxima even though i heard he doesnt even have it anymore.
Old 01-15-2005, 11:07 PM
This is a democracy

Originally Posted by Certified Beast
Ariffo or whoever that guy is has a stillen kit and evo5s on a 97-99 max and everyone still talks about his maxima even though i heard he doesnt even have it anymore.

its gone.............................................. .................................................. ..............................................
Old 01-15-2005, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Certified Beast

There are atleast 10+ members here who have stillen kits and evo 5s. Araffio was talked about because his car was unique (LEDs, Interior LEDs, Chrome Engine Bay). A stillen kitted evo 5 max looks plain, looks like its from the factory. I had that whole setup grew out of it I guess, wanted something a little more flashy.
Old 01-15-2005, 11:22 PM
This is a democracy

Originally Posted by HarrisH
There are atleast 10+ members here who have stillen kits and evo 5s. Araffio was talked about because his car was unique (LEDs, Interior LEDs, Chrome Engine Bay). A stillen kitted evo 5 max looks plain, looks like its from the factory. I had that whole setup grew out of it I guess, wanted something a little more flashy.

plain? nismotic's car and araffio's cars are sexy.... the wheels compliment the max, and the stillen kit is just hot....if those are plain than im bound to a life of normality cause i think its hot as all hell
Old 01-15-2005, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Irishmax99
plain? nismotic's car and araffio's cars are sexy.... the wheels compliment the max, and the stillen kit is just hot....if those are plain than im bound to a life of normality cause i think its hot as all hell

It doesn't stand out as much. Look at Ceasers Chariot that car is clean yet it stands out and looks awesome. There are a lot of great looking kits from Sarona, VIS, and other companies that make your Max stand out and still remain its subtleness. I hated how the back looked with the Stillen kit no one ever believed I had a kit! Same with the sides it looked way to stock! Pontiac is coming out with a new model and the EV05s will be stock. Also around these roads NJ/NY the MM EVO5s bent WAYYYYYYYY to easily and they were obnoxiously heavy.
Old 01-15-2005, 11:53 PM
brotherhood of tq

Originally Posted by Nismotic
Evo5's and stillen kits are so played out
im not sayign your car doesnt look nice but it looks just every other 4th gen at a glance. but to each his own.
Old 01-16-2005, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by 1FSTMAX
car must be from new york.. i heard maximas are likes civics overthere..
being from new york, unfortunately i have to admit....
Old 01-16-2005, 07:35 AM

EVO5 owner right hurrr.....
Old 01-16-2005, 11:29 AM
5th Gen till she dies!

Originally Posted by Maxima99SE
he's from atlanta, saw his car at an ATL meet in december-- fitment on the headlights is horrible.
sounds like some other headlights we know (Cough)cefiro(Cough)
Old 01-16-2005, 01:06 PM

i always knew those headlights were going to look great on the max
Old 01-16-2005, 01:15 PM
What was that?

I'm dying to get a stillen kit and Evo5's. I don't care how many people have them; as long as it looks nice. I see more maxima's with big chrome rims and altezzas by me so that's not a problem where I live.
Old 01-16-2005, 01:31 PM

Im not a huge fan of those headlights on a Maxima . . . but to each his own. ON another note - people who say Evo 5's and Stillen Kit are played out, only think that because it has been done many times here on the .org, if I were to get Evo5's and a Stillen kit, my Maxima would be pretty unique to my neighborhood. .. hell, I have yet to see a Maxima on Evo5's and a Stillen kit driving around my neck of the woods.
Old 01-16-2005, 02:23 PM
5th Gen till she dies!

yea the evo 5 and stillen kit are over played on the org, but i have yet to see one on the road either. Maybe it is over played cause it is one of the best looking combo's there is????
Old 01-16-2005, 04:25 PM
Always sunny in philly

Originally Posted by ManualMaxima
yea the evo 5 and stillen kit are over played on the org, but i have yet to see one on the road either. Maybe it is over played cause it is one of the best looking combo's there is????
im not sayign your car doesnt look nice but it looks just every other 4th gen at a glance. but to each his own.

I have YET to see the same setup that I/the rest of the org has in my city...

Evo5/stillen bodykit is common on the org, but may not be in your environment.
Old 01-16-2005, 08:51 PM
This is a democracy

nismotic, your cars hot....yea it doesnt stand out like a soar thumb, but its classy and looks great.
Old 01-16-2005, 10:28 PM
Always sunny in philly

Originally Posted by Irishmax99
nismotic, your cars hot....yea it doesnt stand out like a soar thumb, but its classy and looks great.

Thank you, kind sir.
Old 01-16-2005, 10:44 PM
VIP Maxima

already got the stillen kit. purchasing 19" evo-5s very soon

Old 01-17-2005, 06:28 AM
MaximaFreak

Originally Posted by 98MikeXimaSE
already got the stillen kit. purchasing 19" evo-5s very soon
It's not that Evo5's don't look good, because they do. But ANY big 5-spoke wheel looks good on a max. Evo5's played out? A bit. I personally could never put Evo5's on my car, but that's because I like to be as unique as possible.

Isn't that the point of modding your car's exterior? So it doesn't look like every other Max on the road?
Old 01-17-2005, 07:32 AM

Again, I'm sorry I don't know what I was thinking, running my mouth about what people do to their cars. It's your car, do to it what you will. I'm just a fan of less is more. You have a nice looking Max SE and tint the windows, put some nice wheels on, clear lenses, and maybe remove the Nissan emblem off the trunk. To me, that looks nice, simple, yet nice. People look at your car and say, " gee, that looks nice", not overdone. But that's just me.
Fair enough, apology accepted. I operate under the same guidelines for the most part - my homepage even says I want my car to look simple and clean, not gaudy and riced-out. But the market is the main reason people soemtimes look elsewhere for parts.... I want projectors for my HIDs, and would gladly pay top dollar for 4th gen projectors, but no one makes them. My options are therefore limited.
Old 01-17-2005, 08:26 AM
Always sunny in philly

Originally Posted by Big_Ham
It's not that Evo5's don't look good, because they do. But ANY big 5-spoke wheel looks good on a max. Evo5's played out? A bit. I personally could never put Evo5's on my car, but that's because I like to be as unique as possible.

Isn't that the point of modding your car's exterior? So it doesn't look like every other Max on the road?

i did a lot of research on which rims and which bodykit to go wth, and in the end, the evo5 and stillen kit was the best "classy" combo i've found. I didnt want aggressiveness, but a sleek look with a nice twist.

The org is compiled with members all over the world. Although it is the most common setup on the org, it may not be in your town. Again, i have YET to see a maxima with my setup. I haven't seen anyone even with my rims. I think my car is pretty damn unique on my roads
Old 01-17-2005, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by 1FSTMAX
car must be from new york.. i heard maximas are likes civics overthere..

yeah and they steal em like crazy too. dads rx-7 went really quick over there