4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Front End Damage, Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 11:14 AM

Front End Damage, Please Help

Well, I was in a small wreck a little while back and thought that I had only damaged the bumper and hood. However, the radiator bracket seems to be really messed up and i will be needing to get a new one. It looks like I will also need to get the bracket that supports the headlights, ('front filler panel'? - is that what it's called?).

I am running into a problem though, I cannot figure out where the radiator bracket ends and the rest of the car begins. Does anybody have a picture of an unattached radiator bracket/assembly or could somebody help me with taking this thing off? This is turning into a major problem because I simply don't know when to stop removing bolts, it seems that the radiator assembly actually wraps underneath the fenders and then has some sort of cocking attaching it to parts of the engine compartment, what the hell?

Please Help. I am carless until I get this straightened out.
Old 01-22-2005, 11:46 AM

Mine is sliglty bent back from an accident as well but its so minmal that you cant tell.

But I was going to replace mine and it from my examinations, you'll need to pretty much take off the whole front of the car, that bar is connected to a lot in the front. I'd advise taking everything off from the front label and keep neatly organized to make it as painless as possible, you'll need to drain radiator fluid as you'll need to take the radiator out, head light corners everything, then you should be able to see better where the bolt to it are and get that somma b!tch out of there.

hope that helps.