4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Thinking about getting a 98 GLE

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 07:58 PM

Thinking about getting a 98 GLE

I really dont need a car right now as I am enjoying the Lexus but today I looked at my wrecked car sitting lonely in the garage and decided to drive it to Queens. Driving it made me realize how great of a car a maxima really is and why I bought a maxima in the first place. Right there in queens i bought a newspaper and found a white on black 98 GLE with a spoiler. Im really thinking about buying this car just for an occasional drive in a Maxima and cause I just want to have a car that MY OWN (so that I can put my flavor to it) as the Lexus isnt. Please put in your input on the 98 GLEs, I ran the carfax and it came back clean, tomorrow after I look at it, it might be a done deal.

P.S. I really always wanted a white exterior with black leather interior which is another reason i just want to buy this car.

You can take the maxima away from the guy but you cant take the guy away from the maxima. ~ Words to live by
Old 01-27-2005, 08:04 PM
UCF Lexus

If your previous Max was auto..I HIGHLY recommend 5spd. It's a totally different car. I know from experience.

Good luck with your search. Try www.autotrader.com
Old 01-27-2005, 08:07 PM
1 of few unmodded 4G Maxs

if you can get a great deal on it, go for it!
Old 01-27-2005, 09:04 PM

I had a 5spd, this one is an auto cause my little sister is going to learn how to drive so I figure why not on a MAX. The deal im getting is pretty good, i wont discuss details until i get it because I dont want to jinx it. I just dont like that its an NYC car, the bumps, traffic and pollution really weighs down on the vehicles.
Old 01-27-2005, 10:06 PM
fwd gone rwd cr00

take it from me, it's a great car.
Old 01-28-2005, 07:38 AM
Team Ramrod

theyre awesome cars, but if i could go back i would have gotten a 5 speed
Old 01-28-2005, 07:56 AM

Buy a 5-speed and let your sister learn on the Lexus or someone else's car. Ditch the GLE and take your time in finding a white SE as it appears time is not of the essence in deciding precisely when to buy.
Old 01-28-2005, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Certified Beast
I really dont need a car right now as I am enjoying the Lexus but today I looked at my wrecked car sitting lonely in the garage and decided to drive it to Queens. Driving it made me realize how great of a car a maxima really is and why I bought a maxima in the first place. Right there in queens i bought a newspaper and found a white on black 98 GLE with a spoiler. Im really thinking about buying this car just for an occasional drive in a Maxima and cause I just want to have a car that MY OWN (so that I can put my flavor to it) as the Lexus isnt. Please put in your input on the 98 GLEs, I ran the carfax and it came back clean, tomorrow after I look at it, it might be a done deal.

P.S. I really always wanted a white exterior with black leather interior which is another reason i just want to buy this car.

You can take the maxima away from the guy but you cant take the guy away from the maxima. ~ Words to live by
Ok, what am I missing? There is a GSx00 in your sig., and you say you are enjoying the Lexus. Why would you want a Maxima? If you can drive a Lexus that belongs to someone else, why ruin a good thing?
Old 01-28-2005, 08:20 AM

I'll sell you mine for cheap .
Old 01-28-2005, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Frank Fontaine
Ok, what am I missing? There is a GSx00 in your sig., and you say you are enjoying the Lexus. Why would you want a Maxima? If you can drive a Lexus that belongs to someone else, why ruin a good thing?
he said he wants his own so he can put his "own flavor" into it
Old 01-28-2005, 11:04 AM

As much as family and friends say they dont mind, they do mind and god forbid something happens i dont want anyone to be upset with me. For this reason i want to purchase my own car and do what i want, when i want with it. As for a 5spd, I think it would be too hard for her to learn on a 5spd without having any prior experience driving. Then i would just let her keep it in like a year and buy me something nice.
Old 01-29-2005, 02:15 PM

How much do you guys think this car should be worth? It has every option available. The only thing is, the bose HU and all bose speakers have been removed. I couldnt see what the speakers have been replaced with but the HU is some cheap **** $200 HU. I dont mind that cause i would be sticking in my utopia up front and q series in the back using my AVN but i just think its a cause to bring the price down. The front and rear bumper have been repainted to be free of all scratches, windows are tinted, car seems to be in good condition. Carfax came back clean with 2 previous owners from LI and the car looks to be well maintained. Car is white, with heated black leather and side airbags. I dont remember exact mileage but its under 100K for sure, possibly somewhere in the 60Ks