4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

opinion question about guage needle leds

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 07:28 PM
is craving Bojangles

opinion question about guage needle leds

well im about to redo all the switches and such in my car to blue leds to match my cd player and i realized that im going to have plenty of other leds left and i want to put them to use. i remembered seeing Wariow put some leds right behind his needles to light them up and i was wondering what everyones thoughts would be about having blue needles with the normal white guage lights. i cant decide whether i should attempt this or if i should just leave it stock?

edit:
heres the link to Wariow's site that shows you how to do this mod.
http://www.petah.org/maxima/gauge.htm

and for those of you that are to lazy to go there to see pics, here's the finished product. i hope wariow doesnt mind me borrowing his pics for example purposes, i think his guages look sick. also note that my numbers wouldnt be that white and the needle would be much more blue, but i think the needles here are blue enough to give you an idea.

Old 02-01-2005, 07:35 PM

Thats a personal choice, but if I had the patcience I would turn them blue. I would actually scuff up the needle so it catches more of the led's light.
Old 02-01-2005, 07:39 PM
RaWr!!! ('''_(o_O)_''')

i just put LEDs behind my guages using warriows write up, but instead of just putting LEDs just behind hte nedles, i put them everywhere. 8 LEDs behind hte speedo and tach, and 2 behind the gas and temp. it looks great, but its a LOT of work. its easy, but very tedious long work.
Old 02-01-2005, 07:44 PM
is craving Bojangles

Originally Posted by 96stillen_max
i just put LEDs behind my guages using warriows write up, but instead of just putting LEDs just behind hte nedles, i put them everywhere. 8 LEDs behind hte speedo and tach, and 2 behind the gas and temp. it looks great, but its a LOT of work. its easy, but very tedious long work.

nice, was all the light from your leds emitting through the needles? and do you have any pics of this?
Old 02-01-2005, 07:56 PM
RaWr!!! ('''_(o_O)_''')

no i have one or 2 LEDs behind the needles, the rest illuminate the rest of the guage. here is a link to the thread i started with all my pictures, these were about half way through, i havent taken any pics of the finished product yet, mainly because i have not yet put in the LED 194 bulbs, still need to order them.

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=372604
Old 02-02-2005, 05:44 PM
is craving Bojangles

bump, i want some more feedback