4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

bought a keyless entry module, but....

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 08:55 PM

bought a keyless entry module, but....

So I bought a keyless entry module off a junkyard Max the other day, and I finally got a used keyfob in the mail today, and then I tried to program it like the instructions say, but I'm getting nothing. I heard someone mention something about a Body Control Module (BCM) once. My car never had keyless entry to begin with. Do I need the BCM? Do I already have the BCM? If I need it, where do I find it and what does it look like so I can pull one off a junker? If not, what else could be the problem?
Old 02-22-2005, 09:23 PM

i think the bcm is behind the radio? btw could you tell me the instructions for programming the keyfob?
Old 02-22-2005, 09:47 PM

the instructions i got said to insert and remove the key from the ignition over 6 times in 10 seconds. the hazard flashers will flash twice. insert the key in the ignition and turn to ACC. press any button on the remote. apparently, that should work.
Old 02-22-2005, 09:55 PM

thanks, apparently my fob got sent to the wrong address so im screwed
Old 02-22-2005, 10:33 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Keyless Entry Instructions

Replacing Remote Controller or Multi-Remote Control Unit (LCU05)
Enter the identity (ID) code manually when:
• remote controller or multi-remote control unit LCU05 is replaced.
• an additional remote controller is activated.
ID Code Entry Procedure
To enter the ID code, follow this procedure.
Entering "Setting mode":
(1) Close and lock all doors.
(2) Insert and remove the key from the ignition more than six times within 10 seconds. (The hazard warning lamp will then flash twice.) At this time, the original ID codes are eliminated.
ID code entry:
(3) Turn ignition key to "ACC" position.
(4) Push lock button on the new remote controller once (for example, if door is locked using the remote controller during this ID code entry enable state, a new ID code can be entered). At this time, the new ID code is entered. (The hazard warning lamp will then flash twice.)
Additional ID code entry
(5) If you need to activate additional remote controllers, unlock the driver's door, then lock again with door lock ****.
(6) Push lock button on the additional new remote controller once.
(7) This ID code entry enable state and setting mode remain until the driver's door is opened.
NOTE
• If you need to activate more than two additional new remote controllers, repeat the procedure "Additional ID code entry" for each new remote controller.
• If the same ID code that exists in the memory is input, the hazard warning lamps will flash twice but the entry will be ignored.
• Entry of maximum four ID codes is allowed and any attempt to enter more will be ignored.
Any ID codes entered after termination of the "setting mode" will not be accepted. Additionally remote control signals will be inhibited when an ID code has not been entered during the "setting" mode.
Old 02-23-2005, 04:56 AM

All these instructions are well and good and everything, but I'm not getting any hazard flashes, which makes me think I'm missing something, like possibly the BCM. Do I have that already, or do I need to get one?
Old 02-23-2005, 11:14 AM

hopeful bump?
Old 02-23-2005, 01:17 PM
日産

I have seen the same kind of question popped up in this forum before. As far as I know nobody seemed to have definitive answers to all the questions raised. Maybe people who knows about this stuff didn't respond then.

Therefore I am not sure if this is even related to your question, but I happen to know that Nissan has different OEM Part #s at least for 1995-1997 Maxima ECUs, depending on whether or not it comes with the Security & Convenience Package. For 1996 there are four kinds, 5 speed with S&C, 5 speed without S&C, auto with S&C and auto without S&C.

Obviously keyless entry is not the only feature of the S&C Package, but in order for a keyless entry module to work, your Maxima might need an ECU equipped with handling all the electrical stuff that comes with the S&C Package.
Old 02-23-2005, 03:00 PM
日産

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....s+entry+module
Old 02-23-2005, 04:07 PM

test your remote battery.. when I bought mine it had a dead battery =(
Old 02-23-2005, 05:19 PM

okay, so after a lot of reading, I have figured out that I do in fact need the BCM. Now it's time to search for one of those. The fun part of the search will be finding one from a 5spd, since that matters. If it wasn't for that, I know exactly where I could go to get one right now.