4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Batteries, Batteries, Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2001, 05:44 PM

Need some help guys & gals. Went out to clean my windows today and put the key in the ignition in the "on" position so I could run them up and down while working. Made sure that the ACC fan was off and the radio was off also. The only thing electric that was on was the dome light and the the instrument lights. Anyway, after about 30 minutes I went to start the car and nothing. Idiot lights went out when I tried to start. Since my driveway is on a slight slope I popped the clutch in reverse and MAX fired right up. Went for a short ride to try and charge the battery. Hope he starts in the AM . Anyway, I think I'm due for a new battery. As far as I can tell, this was the original battery so it's been doing the job for 4 years.
How about some recommendations? I've heard some about the OPTIMA Red and Yellow tops. I don't want to spend an arm and a leg on this battery but I'm always a sucker for new technology. Also saw an add for a "Bat Battery", only 13 pounds. Kind of leaning towards an Interstate, always heard that they were pretty good.
Again, any suggestions?

Thanks.

Cheers
Old 05-03-2001, 06:04 PM

Originally posted by zagato27
Need some help guys & gals. Went out to clean my windows today and put the key in the ignition in the "on" position so I could run them up and down while working. Made sure that the ACC fan was off and the radio was off also. The only thing electric that was on was the dome light and the the instrument lights. Anyway, after about 30 minutes I went to start the car and nothing. Idiot lights went out when I tried to start. Since my driveway is on a slight slope I popped the clutch in reverse and MAX fired right up. Went for a short ride to try and charge the battery. Hope he starts in the AM . Anyway, I think I'm due for a new battery. As far as I can tell, this was the original battery so it's been doing the job for 4 years.
How about some recommendations? I've heard some about the OPTIMA Red and Yellow tops. I don't want to spend an arm and a leg on this battery but I'm always a sucker for new technology. Also saw an add for a "Bat Battery", only 13 pounds. Kind of leaning towards an Interstate, always heard that they were pretty good.

I think you're due for a new battery. I also think the stock battery was 335-350 CCA. I friend of mines just replaced his 95' Max. I replaced mines, got one at Sam's Club for $30, 550 CCA.
Again, any suggestions?

Thanks.

Cheers