4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Thanks, In Advance

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 02:39 PM

Thanks, In Advance

Just wanted to say thanks to all those who post good modding info for noobs. I'm not extremely car-savvy (I know how to change my transmission fluid, could probably figure out brake pads, etc, but nothing more extensive), so it's been a daunting idea for me to consider modding my Maxima.

I first considered doing it after playing the video game NFSU2. Now, I know from what I've read here, many would call my plans for my car 'rice', but I disagree. I'm not interested in extending the performance of the car much more than it is now (straight stock), because I already have enough speeding tickets. Most of what I want to do will allow for fuel efficiency, better handling, etc. I'm not interested in racing.

What I'm really interested in is improving the look of my Max. Rather than spending $20K on a new vehicle, I'd rather take my well-functioning 4th gen and make it look awesome.

To that end, I wanted to thank all of you who post / have posted basic how-to's, insights, and experiences with modding your 4th gens. Just today I"ve spent 6 hours (while at work, no less), going over websites, reading articles and printing reams of material on how to do things the 'right' way.

You've all been very helpful, and I hope to remain a member of maxima.org for quite some time to come. Thanks again!

Praetorian
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In Absentia Luci Tenebrae Vincur
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 03-18-2005, 06:32 PM

nice first post
Old 03-18-2005, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by WadeMax
nice first post
I agree, that was quite heartwarming We're here to help, and although you WILL encounter numerous morons here, the majority will be helpful, friendly people. Take me, for example..if you need any tips, I can share whatever I know. Welcome, and enjoy your stay!

-Maurice
Old 03-18-2005, 06:39 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Good luck with the Mods, But be careful moding it's like crack once you start you can stop.
Old 03-18-2005, 06:41 PM
I need a truck

Originally Posted by Praetorian29
Just today I"ve spent 6 hours (while at work, no less),
Get used to that.
Old 03-18-2005, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by joeeey
Good luck with the Mods, But be careful moding it's like crack once you start you can stop.
Man, it really really is. When I first started browsing the .org, I didn't think much of this. I now spend 4+ hours per day reading these damn posts.
Old 03-18-2005, 07:24 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by MaDMvD
Man, it really really is. When I first started browsing the .org, I didn't think much of this. I now spend 4+ hours per day reading these damn posts.
even though some of the posts are just worthless, every now and than a good one will pop up and be careful, the modding bug is going around, i for one have caught it
Old 03-19-2005, 01:26 AM

Modding Bug

Funny thing is, I had no interest in modding until I started playing that damn game. Then, after a 5-hour marathon stint, I came out to my car (to go rent Fast & Furious and sequel), and stood there looking at it, wondering what I could do to it.

Just goes to show those video games are, in fact, destroying America by making me spend money on purely aesthetic stuff with no actual value-adding properties.

Oh, well. At least my car will kick ***.

Praetorian

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In Absentia Lucia Tenebrae Vincur
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 03-19-2005, 07:28 AM

I liked cars but never thought of moddying my car.

Bought my Max and came on here and was learning to repair it myself, started seeing what others had done and I was infected, then I started wanting different parts, change this and that, I blame it on every last one of you guys on this board with your nice drops, leds, sythetic this, shinny that. . . .

thank you
I love my Car.
Old 03-19-2005, 10:56 AM

welcome aboard. like stated above...there are good posts and bad posts.
Old 03-19-2005, 10:59 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I second that, im a noob here as well and those tutorials will come in handy soon. Getting my first job really soon and I think a maxima would be a great first car for a 17 year old. Not to mention one of my friends that lives really close by is gettin one.
Old 03-19-2005, 11:07 AM

Speed is a DRUG!!
Old 03-19-2005, 11:09 AM
Banned

Just wanted to say thanks to all those who post good modding info for noobs. I'm not extremely car-savvy (I know how to change my transmission fluid, could probably figure out brake pads, etc, but nothing more extensive), so it's been a daunting idea for me to consider modding my Maxima.

I first considered doing it after playing the video game NFSU2. Now, I know from what I've read here, many would call my plans for my car 'rice', but I disagree. I'm not interested in extending the performance of the car much more than it is now (straight stock), because I already have enough speeding tickets. Most of what I want to do will allow for fuel efficiency, better handling, etc. I'm not interested in racing.

What I'm really interested in is improving the look of my Max. Rather than spending $20K on a new vehicle, I'd rather take my well-functioning 4th gen and make it look awesome.

To that end, I wanted to thank all of you who post / have posted basic how-to's, insights, and experiences with modding your 4th gens. Just today I"ve spent 6 hours (while at work, no less), going over websites, reading articles and printing reams of material on how to do things the 'right' way.

You've all been very helpful, and I hope to remain a member of maxima.org for quite some time to come. Thanks again!

Praetorian
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In Absentia Luci Tenebrae Vincur
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have to chime in, if anyone on here likes need for speed 2, may i make a reccomendation: TOCA Race Driver 2 ultimate racing simulator. Havent played N4S since I picked this up. THe graphics are great, the damage is unbelievably realistic, and the control and feel of the cars are 2nd to NONE. $29.99 PS2...TRY IT! THis makes NFS feel like a toy, but sorry its real, sponsored, track racing only...but every type of racing is covered aas you progress through career mode. from DTM to Super Trucks. Best racer ive ever played and ive played alot.
Old 03-19-2005, 11:14 AM
Banned

Funny thing is, I had no interest in modding until I started playing that damn game. Then, after a 5-hour marathon stint, I came out to my car (to go rent Fast & Furious and sequel), and stood there looking at it, wondering what I could do to it.
Marketing at its best!