4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

2 major problems need Maxima Tech help now.

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2005, 07:11 PM

2 major problems need Maxima Tech help now.

Not to long ago I started experiencing this noise coming from my passenger side wheel. The noise is pretty loud. Happens most of the time its not constant but its starting to happen almost all of the time. Ive noticed After driving for a bit I get this noise once im slowing down, It can happen from 0-40mph anything above that I can't hear.

-Rubbing noise
-Sounds like the wheel is lose
-When I hit the brakes to come to a complete stop while turning to wheel to position myself into a spot just sounds like a whole lot of suspension noise as in cracking ,clucking as maybe the control arms might be shot.
-Its not a constant noise its more or a skipping sound.
-Sounds like the whole assembly on the passenger side is going to fall apart.
-Sounds like If the struts were completly shot, that noise you will hear if you jounce your car with bad struts/springs. The noise doesn't happen when I jounce the front end with my hands.
-------

The other problem I have. Ive been having this supercharger noise. Developed it around 101k. Sounds like a Vac leak around the timing chain cover area, where its the loudest.

-At idle there is no noise just engine humming
-When I step on the gas It sounds like a turbo
-No A/c, no radio on.
(Replaced my Tensioner drive belt pully, alternator and drive belts.)
(Installed the mevi Which isnt activated, Full tune up and replaced fuel pressor regulator)
(Replaced rear valve cover gasket)
-a/c, belts were replaced at 100k. My car has about 106 k now well about to hit it very soon. People have taken a look at this and not a single person came up to what the problem may be.
--------------
Repairs to come. I bought Engine mount inserts from cattman, Also Bought a brand new tranny mount. I ordered brembo slottoed rotors and new oem brake pads. I replaced 1 o2 sensor And ordered the one for the cat. Waiting for everything to come in this week. Anyone have the slightest idea, Im willing to live with the 2nd problem but with the 1st problem im not so I need to fix that one asap.

Thanks.
Old 04-09-2005, 07:51 PM

the clicking noise you mention do you think its the cvas? or it could just be the springs rubbing against each other.

btw i guess you were right about getting the LT1
Old 04-09-2005, 08:31 PM

Let me tell you there are complete moron teacher's in that school. I had 3 top techs look at my car to locate that supercharger noise and each ones comes up with a diff story. One dude said it was due to my oil leak in the rear valve cover, well changed that, noise still there, another guy says its the flex part of the y-pipe well no way because theres not a hole in it. The other guy said cracked intake manifold. Well wrong again Replaced it with the mevi. I know as much As I learned in that school, Im not even half way done yet. Just finished 5 classes. Well my current teacher has the same maxima I have and yet He doesn't even know what to say and he works in a nissan dealership and has been for the past 14 years. I guess im the only guy who's maxima has these problems.
Old 04-09-2005, 08:33 PM

ALSO its an LS1 motor 98 and above have it