4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

red/clear tails, please help

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 10:00 AM

red/clear tails, please help

Alright, I bought a set of pre-cut clear inserts to do the red/clear tail conversion on my max. When I got them, one of the inserts had a small piece broken off. I glued it back together, but now realize that I need to get another one that isn't broken. I have tried to get back in touch with the guy that I bought them from, to no avail. I was hoping that someone out there could help supply me with a pre-cut piece (it doesn't make sense for me to go buy all the material and cut it, if I only need the one). If anyone out there can help me, I would be very appreciate, and would be willing to compensate for the time/material. I can't remember which side is broken, but I will check tonight.

you can post a reply or message me, thanks.
Old 04-22-2005, 10:38 AM
Armani

OMFG, do not tell me you bought them off ebay...from a guy that does the inserts.
Consider yourself ripped off.

Also, do yourself a favor and buy TRUE clear tails from ebay for $60. Are you really willing to waste all this time prying the lens apart so that you can save $60 and still have it look like crap?

Old 04-22-2005, 11:00 AM

yeah dude....they sell the red/clear taillights on Ebay from a power seller...not sure the name but just search Ebay...they are 130 shipped!
Old 04-22-2005, 11:07 AM
Armani

First off, they're nowhere near $130 shipped. Second, you can often (I emphasize often) find them brand new on ebay for about $70 shipped. I saw them for $60 shipped once.

Just wait a few more days and check back periodically.

Old 04-22-2005, 11:18 AM

red/clear tails for 97-99 maxima for 70 shipped?, lol ... haaa show me the link?? ... maybe used but not new...only seller ive ever seen has had them for 130$ shipped....show me a link for 70 shipped...I !DOUBT! it ... here the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW
Old 04-22-2005, 11:38 AM

i always wondered who would ever buy those inserts on ebay. now i know. you could email the guy.. a LOT, put a halt on his paypal acct. (if you paid via paypal) for sending a broken product; if you got insurance on it , then claim it.

OR you could save yourself the trouble and just shell out the money for the red/clears. 70 shipped? dont know about that, but plan to spend around 90-100 shipped. If you don't have the ***** to cut the inserts, just buy the cleared out housing.
Old 04-22-2005, 11:39 AM

i saw them for 60 like 3 weeks ago plus shipping when i was looking aroind
Old 04-22-2005, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Armani
OMFG, do not tell me you bought them off ebay...from a guy that does the inserts.
Consider yourself ripped off.

Also, do yourself a favor and buy TRUE clear tails from ebay for $60. Are you really willing to waste all this time prying the lens apart so that you can save $60 and still have it look like crap?
Nice assets
Old 04-22-2005, 12:07 PM
Armani

Originally Posted by ThisMaxIsTight
red/clear tails for 97-99 maxima for 70 shipped?, lol ... haaa show me the link?? ... maybe used but not new...only seller ive ever seen has had them for 130$ shipped....show me a link for 70 shipped...I !DOUBT! it ... here the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW
I think it's time you stop acting like an idiot. You obviously don't know ebay. I shop there all the time. This just shows you're an e-bay newb. I bought my clear tails brand new in a box 1 year ago. They were $85 shipped.

At this moment, they are $99 buy-it-now, plus shipping. That right there tells you the incosistancy in retail of ebay items. And yes, they WERE $70 just a month ago or so, brand new!
I remember because at the time I was searching for clear corners, which BTW are now eating dust on my garage shelf since I conviced myself that ambers look better on my car.
Anyway, the way I searched revealed many "clear" items for the Max, many of which were clear tails.

In addition, I currently see 3 clear tails to a 4th gen Max on ebay. Funny, because they usually number in the tens.

Finally, consider clear corners, which just last year you had to pay $30 for. Two years ago about $50. 3+ years ago around $100. Yet today, it's hard to find ones over $16.

Old 04-22-2005, 12:16 PM
Boosted Panda

Armani
Please show me where the red/clears have been 60.00 shipped. (outers not OEM inners)
Ive been looking through Ebay for weeks now, and the only sellers Ive seen are
1. redlinemax (who we all know)
2. symmic ( who we all know as well, ... for sending cracked red/clears due to improper packing)
And they both have been going for 125.00-130.00 shippped.

Im calling on 60.00 red/clears shipped unless someone posts a link or claims thats how much they got them for with a link.
Old 04-22-2005, 12:19 PM
Boosted Panda

I think it's time you stop acting like an idiot. You obviously don't know ebay. I shop there all the time. This just shows you're an e-bay newb. I bought my clear tails brand new in a box 1 year ago. They were $85 shipped.

At this moment, they are $99 buy-it-now, plus shipping. That right there tells you the incosistancy in retail of ebay items. And yes, they WERE $70 just a month ago or so, brand new!
I remember because at the time I was searching for clear corners, which BTW are now eating dust on my garage shelf since I conviced myself that ambers look better on my car.
Anyway, the way I searched revealed many "clear" items for the Max, many of which were clear tails.

In addition, I currently see 3 clear tails to a 4th gen Max on ebay. Funny, because they usually number in the tens.

Finally, consider clear corners, which just last year you had to pay $30 for. Two years ago about $50. 3+ years ago around $100. Yet today, it's hard to find ones over $16.
I bought my original clear bumper cleanse for 30.00 shipped way over two years ago.
When they were stolen a year and a half ago I bought my diamond clears on ebay for 20.00 shipped.
Old 04-22-2005, 12:33 PM
Armani

Originally Posted by FLAVOR_24/7
Armani
Please show me where the red/clears have been 60.00 shipped. (outers not OEM inners)
2. symmic ( who we all know as well, ... for sending cracked red/clears due to improper packing)

Im calling on 60.00 red/clears shipped unless someone posts a link or claims thats how much they got them for with a link.
Maybe it's time to quit your BS and reread my post. I did acknowledge they are not $60 or $70 shipped now. You too must be an eBay newb. Reread the part where I talk about eBay inconsistency in prices.

For example, suppose 95/96 clear tails where to be mass-produced again. They would go for say $250, if not more, AT FIRST. However, the more sellers would acquire them, the less they would cost...say $150 after one year. Then, after a while, if fewer sellers had them, they would again sell for much more, probably $200+.

These numbers are made up, but the general idea remains valid and sensibly depicts the trend of uniformity amongst eBay marketing.

Old 04-22-2005, 12:37 PM
Boosted Panda

Maybe it's time to quit your BS and reread my post. I did acknowledge they are not $60 or $70 shipped now. You too must be an eBay newb. Reread the part where I talk about eBay inconsistency in prices.

For example, suppose 95/96 clear tails where to be mass-produced again. They would go for say $250, if not more, AT FIRST. However, the more sellers would acquire them, the less they would cost...say $150 after one year. Then, after a while, if fewer sellers had them, they would again sell for much more, probably $200+.

These numbers are made up, but the general idea remains valid and sensibly depicts the trend of uniformity amongst eBay marketing.

Yeah, sure. Im an ebay newb.
Join date of Dec-21-00
http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...ted=flavor24_7

But bottom line is, Armani is ALWAYS right, evryone else is wrong, and Armani's opinion is all that matters
Old 04-22-2005, 01:02 PM
Armani

Yeah, sure. Im an ebay newb.
Join date of Dec-21-00
http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...ted=flavor24_7

But bottom line is, Armani is ALWAYS right, evryone else is wrong, and Armani's opinion is all that matters
It's not an opinion. You're just a f***ing dumba$$. Anyone in their right mind can see you bring this **** about. Quit being a d!ck or disappointment is going to become a big part of your life, if it hasn't already.

I said I saw new clears for $60 once. You say that's impossible. I can't prove I did because it was a very long time ago and no longer have the link. You can't prove I have not. Therefore your argument accusing me of lying is as stupid and ignorant as you are.

Old 04-22-2005, 02:17 PM
Boosted Panda

Armani your such an ****.
How do I bring this upon myself.
The thread was in reference to obtaining some precut clear cutouts.
Instead, you choose to bash and criticize the author.
If you wanted to reply, all you had to state was
" You should really stay away from the homemade precut items. Their bad quality and the finished look isnt as nice as an aftermarket set of red clears."
Simple as that.
As far as the prices for red/clears being sixty shipped, maybe. Most likely used if they were 60.00
But the fact the matter is and it has been proven that they normally go for 99.00 plus the shipping.
That is from more than one retailer.
You make it sound as if buying them for that price is absurd and if you do so your getting robbed.
Old 04-22-2005, 04:45 PM
Armani

Armani your such an ****.
How do I bring this upon myself.
The thread was in reference to obtaining some precut clear cutouts.
Instead, you choose to bash and criticize the author.
If you wanted to reply, all you had to state was
" You should really stay away from the homemade precut items. Their bad quality and the finished look isnt as nice as an aftermarket set of red clears."
Simple as that.
As far as the prices for red/clears being sixty shipped, maybe. Most likely used if they were 60.00
But the fact the matter is and it has been proven that they normally go for 99.00 plus the shipping.
That is from more than one retailer.
You make it sound as if buying them for that price is absurd and if you do so your getting robbed.

Are you kidding me? This is a joke. You're going to tell me how to word my sentences?

I said what many others have in the past...in short, that inserts suck compared to real clears. It's imprudent imbeciles like you that can't interpret things correctly and get offended by every little post, which isn't even directed towards you. As I indicated before, get a life and stop acting

- "ghetto" does usually imply black (from previous thread)
- I did see clear tails brand new for $60 on eBay

By disputing these 2 statements, you show just how brainless and dim-witted people could be.

I am done with this nonsense because quite frankly it took me a while to realize what a POS scum you really are, definitely one not worth arguing with.

Old 04-22-2005, 05:16 PM

So I should avoid Symmic and go for Redlinemax? I am thinking about spening $120 for the clear, or just $40 to replace the cracked driver-side tail...
Old 04-22-2005, 05:59 PM

ok man...if you're really desperate and cant get intouch with that idiot that sold you the items...try going to a hardware store and buying the acrylic florescent cover sheet for the lamps in a home depot or supply hardware store..try to match it with the clear that you have now...here is a tutorial on the rest (this is in the "how to's" sticky section of the forum)

http://www.vqpower.com/v2/modules.ph...howpage&pid=34
Old 04-22-2005, 06:02 PM
Boosted Panda

Originally Posted by SunMax
So I should avoid Symmic and go for Redlinemax? I am thinking about spening $120 for the clear, or just $40 to replace the cracked driver-side tail...

To get back on track, and to avoid the nonsense other idiotic, immature Org members have to say,
That choice is up to you.
If your looking for a cheap, but quick fix then you could try and do the replace method.
In all honesty though, the replacemnt aftermarket tails will give you an overall better look.
Their NOT an exact match to the OEM clear section, but closer then the clear cut out.
Redlinemax is probably the safest way to go. Corey is running it now and he's a reliable org member.
http://forums.maxima.org/member.php?userid=420
http://redlinemax.com/catalog/produc...718803cd607563

To Armani:
STFU!
Your such a dumb @ss.
Who said I was offended?
The guy was asking for some help, thats was the org is here for. To share experiences and help other members out. Instead, you tend to talk smack, and bash everyone and never really offer anything benificial.
You act as if you know all in, but by searching and reading some of your past posts, you really dont know jack.
JDM corners huh,..yeah right.
Old 04-22-2005, 06:07 PM

why wud u spend 130 on that anywayz u can do it yourself for like 20 bucks ??
Old 04-22-2005, 06:09 PM
Boosted Panda

Originally Posted by rome06
why wud u spend 130 on that anywayz u can do it yourself for like 20 bucks ??

Yeah you can.
The outcome is not as good, but its a lot cheaper.
Old 04-22-2005, 06:12 PM

Waaaaaaaaaa!! My Name Is Armani And I Got Owned In Ebay! Waaaaaaaaaa!!
And I Cant Remember Which Side Is Broken But I Will Chek Tonight, Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!
Old 04-22-2005, 06:14 PM

1 question about this...if you have clear corners lying around in your garage..why not hook this poor guy up with them?...if you're not planning to use them.
Old 04-23-2005, 02:01 PM

If the clear corners are diamond cut, Ill pay you $20 shipped if you want...
Old 04-23-2005, 02:14 PM

chipotles got the idea
Old 04-23-2005, 02:19 PM
Armani

Originally Posted by Chipotle18
1 question about this...if you have clear corners lying around in your garage..why not hook this poor guy up with them?...if you're not planning to use them.
What do you mean by hook up? I hope you don't suppose I give them away for free. I'm not about to spend 5 minutes of my time shipping them to an org member.

Old 04-23-2005, 02:31 PM

well i mean hook them up with (help him out by selling them for alot cheaper than normal..since you're not using them anyway...but if you want to give them away..karma comes about around 10X fold..personally..i would just sell it for cheap to help out someone and make some money on something i dont use anyway)
Old 04-23-2005, 03:40 PM

Armani..you really are an unintelligent, uneducated, moron..first of all you used the "smile" I used to make fun of you..so stop copying off me..2nd of all-your a panzee, I own you on Ebay..you think your a big ebayer, lol....3rd-you never posted a link for where the clear tails are under 125 shipped big man?..you said you find them for 60 and 70 shipped OFTEN, lol...well then lets see the LINK!..you just talk s**t..your one of those kids that says something and then realizes they are wrong but cant admit it..SHOW ME THE LINK FOR 60$, 70$ for the red/clear tails for a 97-99 Max BIG MAN!... I hate people like you, your a ..FLAVOR 24/7 should seriously give you a .... and last, we were all just debating prices and you being the big immature little boy that you are had to jump in and start using the word idiot..your a class act GUY!..in conclusion: show me the link !!!! and if you dont than your a pathetic LOSER !
Old 04-23-2005, 07:03 PM
Team Ramrod

this thread = awesome
Old 04-23-2005, 09:57 PM
Always sunny in philly

Instead, you tend to talk smack, and bash everyone and never really offer anything benificial.
You act as if you know all in, but by searching and reading some of your past posts, you really dont know jack.
JDM corners huh,..yeah right.
Whats new

There have been a few org members that have bought red/clear ebay tails for very cheap; one person for 65 shipped and one for 80 shipped.

Unfortunately, the quality of these tails are crap. Fitment is not as good as my previous custommaxima ones, the ebay seller has a bad rep with prepping these for shipment. A search will reveal that those who bought red/clears from this person has received them cracked (like myself.)

Bottom line: Either buy them from custommaxima or redlinemax, or if you have the creativity, do them yourself.
Old 04-23-2005, 10:30 PM

Hi nismotic...if I can ask you..did you buy them from "symmic" off ebay ? .. heres the link .... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

I thought these looked good...but you say they arrived cracked ? ... thanks
Old 04-23-2005, 10:47 PM
Always sunny in philly

they arrived cracked, like many others. luckily i got reimbursed through insurance.

the fitment isn't great either
Old 04-23-2005, 10:57 PM
UCF Lexus

Originally Posted by ThisMaxIsTight
Armani..you really are an unintelligent, uneducated, moron..!

muthafukin
Old 04-24-2005, 08:03 AM

Can anyone recommend an ebay seller who sells good quality ones?
Old 04-24-2005, 08:16 AM
1 of few unmodded 4G Maxs

Are you kidding me? This is a joke. You're going to tell me how to word my sentences?

I said what many others have in the past...in short, that inserts suck compared to real clears. It's imprudent imbeciles like you that can't interpret things correctly and get offended by every little post, which isn't even directed towards you. As I indicated before, get a life and stop acting

- "ghetto" does usually imply black (from previous thread)
- I did see clear tails brand new for $60 on eBay

By disputing these 2 statements, you show just how brainless and dim-witted people could be.

I am done with this nonsense because quite frankly it took me a while to realize what a POS scum you really are, definitely one not worth arguing with.
Old 04-24-2005, 08:33 AM

thanks for the info Nismotic....I guess Ill go with redlinemax .... his are the same price and proly fit better and im sure wont be cracked
Old 04-24-2005, 10:44 AM

RedlineMax is the sh*ts! Ill buy from them anytime.

Wow, armani, you 23 and you acting like a kid. The .org is to help people out dont blast them just because you having a bad day.
Old 04-24-2005, 12:11 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Mine was about $7, I knew the red would match, I knew the light output the red part) would still match. I had $7 when did it, I didn't have over $100 which is what they were back then. + I'm happy with mine.
Old 04-24-2005, 02:31 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Grow up kids.