4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Clearview

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 05:04 PM

Clearview

I just put some Clearview bulbs in my car cause I have never been satisfied with the intensity of the oem bulbs. I was deciding between these and silverstares, but ended up going with the clearview because the guy at O'rilies said he liked them better, plus they were five bucks cheaper. I haven't seen the lights at night yet, but has anyone ever compared clearview to silverstars, and which do you think is brighter? Also, if anyone has clearview bulbs, how long do they typicaly burn? Thanks
Old 05-08-2005, 11:27 AM

I've never heard of clearviews! Is that the brand or the type of bulb? I have silverstars and they are great at night ONLY when conditions are good (not raining). As soon as the rain comes, visibility is gone, like they aren't even on.
Old 05-08-2005, 08:13 PM

Truview by Wagner

Sorry, this is what happens when you try to do stuff by memory!
Old 05-08-2005, 08:15 PM

Any type of bulb with a coating=less intensity at the same wattage.
Old 05-08-2005, 08:17 PM

New TruView(TM) Headlamps from Wagner Lighting Improve Driver Visibility Without Causing Offensive Glare

SOUTHFIELD, Mich., Sept. 30 /PRNewswire/ -- The skyrocketing number of complaints about automotive headlamp glare and other driving visibility issues has prompted the development and introduction of TruView(TM) headlamps, which improve a driver's forward visibility without subjecting oncoming drivers to offensive glare.

Created and marketed by the automotive lighting experts at Wagner Lighting Products and Federal-Mogul Corporation, new TruView headlamps are offered in affordable replacement halogen sealed beam and capsule units for millions of passenger vehicles. TruView lamps are now available through leading automotive parts stores and service shops.

TruView headlamps utilize the exclusive SpectraFilter(TM) technology to filter out yellow rays within the lamps' projected color spectrum, resulting in a truer, whiter light that offers exceptional visibility in a full range of nighttime driving conditions. Extensive market testing has shown that TruView headlamps outperform standard halogen lamps in each of 12 key performance categories, including forward driving vision, driver confidence and comfort.

In separate tests, TruView lamps delivered significantly better performance in each of seven glare-related performance categories when compared to more expensive high-intensity discharge (HID) headlamps. Testing was conducted on sedans and sport-utility vehicles.

"I liked the whiteness of the light, the lack of glare and how well it illuminated (the roadway)," reported one of the hundreds of consumers to take part in third-party headlamp tests commissioned by Federal-Mogul.

"There was no glare that I could see," reported another participant in the study. "It would make night driving much easier..."

Unlike HID headlamps now found on a growing number of luxury vehicles, TruView lamps do not create the high-powered, distracting bluish-white rays commonly associated with glare. The glare issue has become so intense that a U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) call for consumer comment resulted in a record number of responses.

"Statistics show that the average age of drivers in North America is on the rise, which helps explain why headlamp glare is such a hot topic today," said Wagner Lighting Brand Manager Crystal Longest. "Unfortunately, as people get older they can be more susceptible to vision-related issues. Our automotive lighting engineers saw this as an opportunity to bring much-needed innovation to the automotive lighting category."

Federal-Mogul is a global supplier of automotive components, modules, sub- systems and systems serving the world's original equipment manufacturers and the aftermarket. The company utilizes its engineering and materials expertise, proprietary technology, manufacturing skill, distribution flexibility and marketing power to deliver products, brands and services of value to its customers. Federal-Mogul is focused on the globalization of its teams, products and processes to bring greater opportunities for its customers and employees, and value to its constituents. Headquartered in Southfield, Michigan, Federal-Mogul was founded in Detroit in 1899 and today employs 47,000 people in 25 countries. For more information on Federal-Mogul, visit the company's web site at http://www.federal-mogul.com .

Source: Federal-Mogul Corporation