4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Bose speakers...pics?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 08:38 PM

Bose speakers...pics?

Hi everybody. Well, I don't officially own a maxima yet, but I plan to buy one soon...can anyone take some pictures of where the bose speakers are mounted? They are all 6.75" rounds, right?
Old 05-10-2005, 07:46 AM
the Light is among you

Ummm....

You have posted 34 times on this org and you still umm....post this question? I....uh....am at a loss for words. lol

If you do buy a Maxima, the key goes in the ignition.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:07 AM

My question to you is this. Why are you so stuck on the Bose Bandwagon? It's pretty much hyped up junk. it is mediocre at best. My car came with BOSE, and I took it out and replaced it with something better- which isnt that hard to do BTW. If it is a fourth gen then the midbasses go in the two front doors and in the rear deck. The tweets-if 95-96 will be in the a pillar and if 97+ it will be in the door. They are listed as 6..75, but i have been able to fit many 6.5's in the stock holes without problems. MY edi's had to have some fabrication to make them fit, btu they were well worth the effort. Good luck, and if you find a nice max without bose, dont NOT get it. Don't make the Bose a criteria for purchase. That would be very unwise.
Old 05-10-2005, 09:20 AM
I never narc'd on nobody.

maybe its just the kinda musc i listen to, but bose has always been great for me. sure, there could be better, but im not the type to spend $1-$2k on stereo equipment. personally, i love the bose speakers with the aftermarket HU that came with my car.
Old 05-10-2005, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by FormorAccordMan
My question to you is this. Why are you so stuck on the Bose Bandwagon? It's pretty much hyped up junk. it is mediocre at best.

I agree; so many people are brainwashed by bose’s marketing that they think they make the best speakers. Their home theater stuff is ridiculously overpriced; yeah ok I am going to pay $3,000 for some tiny sats and a gutless, one note wonder subwoofer than cannot go below 46Hz, please. http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html Maybe if the thing costed $400 it would be worth the price. My friend has a 95 Max with the bose system, it sounds like crap IMO, it was also a pain in the *** to install an aftermarket HU with the bose speakers. Defiantly don’t make make bose a consideration in the Maximas you are looking at. BTW Akumachan this is not a knock on you or anything, if you think they sound good than that’s cool, I just hate to see people pay for and get ripped off on their products, when they could get something much better for cheaper.
Old 05-10-2005, 12:01 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I myself, like Akumachan, like the bose system. I think the sound quality is pretty damn good. I listen to old school hip hop and there is definatly enough bass. Of course its not bass that shakes you, but it definatly is enough for me.

I agree with others though, don't pass up a good car if it doesnt have Bose, even though most maximas ive seen when i was looking around have bose.
Old 05-10-2005, 12:57 PM
the Light is among you

Bose is definitely overpriced and overrated. The bass sucks for tightness and accuracy imho. For a stock system, it's ok, but for the price the dealer charged for the "upgrade" it's a ripoff.
Old 05-10-2005, 06:39 PM

Well, I apologize that a few of you wasted a lot of keystrokes telling me that I shouldn't be on the Bose bandwagon, then again I don't know where anyone got that Idea.

Anyway, I was asking so that I could see the stock speaker girlls (if any) to see if I should plan to buy any new ones. some cars have conves grills but others just hide the speakers, so that's why I was asking.
Old 05-29-2005, 03:11 PM

Bose

A couple of my Bose speakers are blown, a guy at Circuit City told me if I were to hook up an aftermarket speaker to the Bose amp, that it would cause a problem and will most likely cause the amp to shutdown. This means I need to bypass the amp and replace the head unit to avoid buying bose speakers on ebay or $50 each from the special order from the dealer. Is this right? The salesman had nothing to gain by lieing and sending me away. Am I doomed to buy Bose speakers or not?
Old 05-29-2005, 05:17 PM

Well, he's partly right in that it won't function 100%. It wouldn't cause the amp to shutdown, because you wouldn't have an amp. The amps on these things are built-in to the speakers. I'd say replace the head unit and get some real speakers.
Old 05-29-2005, 05:18 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I blew a few bose speakers but found replacements on ebay for cheap and work great. The only thing that the bose system needs is a sub so im going to get one soon.
Old 05-29-2005, 05:46 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

IMO bose is one of the best sounding stock systems you can get in a car. In all of our family's cars we have bose (except mine). To me, the 4th gen bose sounds much better than the 5th gen bose (w/subwoofer). The 4th gen bose systems have much better midbass and balance.

It is though, a pain in the **** to swap out anything. Since there are amps for each speaker, if you would replace the HU you would blow the speakers (HU power + bose speaker power = blown).

Bose sound is good enough for most people i think. Considering either you go bose, or go all out with a more expensive aftermarket system.
Old 05-29-2005, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by ryant35
A couple of my Bose speakers are blown, a guy at Circuit City told me if I were to hook up an aftermarket speaker to the Bose amp, that it would cause a problem and will most likely cause the amp to shutdown. This means I need to bypass the amp and replace the head unit to avoid buying bose speakers on ebay or $50 each from the special order from the dealer. Is this right? The salesman had nothing to gain by lieing and sending me away. Am I doomed to buy Bose speakers or not?
yup, either get a whole new system or replace the blown bose with another bose spkr. A whole new system can be cheap though. $100 HU and 2 sets of $80 3-ways. Thats $260 plus tax and install.
Old 05-29-2005, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Decker87
Well, he's partly right in that it won't function 100%. It wouldn't cause the amp to shutdown, because you wouldn't have an amp. The amps on these things are built-in to the speakers. I'd say replace the head unit and get some real speakers.
What if I were to connect a new speaker to the existing bose amp in the door?
Old 05-29-2005, 07:57 PM

It might require some craft, but I've thought about the same thing. Anyway, it seems like if should work fine. I don't reccommend spending $80 on speakers based on what you've said so far. I think around $40 is what YOU are looking at, as you dont sound like someone who cares a ton about audio quality (no offense, you are actually lucky in that respect).
Old 05-29-2005, 08:08 PM

What if I were to connect a new speaker to the existing bose amp in the door?

The speaker or the amp will blow, maybe both. Most car speakers are 4 ohms. The bose speakers are 1 ohm (pretty sure thats the number) and their amps are meant to run at 1 ohm. 1 ohm amp hooked up to a 4 ohm driver equals not a good idea.
Old 05-29-2005, 08:48 PM

bose unit had great high's but no bass... i would just add a subwoofer and amp if you dont want to spend $$$ on a complete sound system.
Old 05-29-2005, 08:57 PM

I was told something similar,when I went in and got a new head unit put in to go along with my stock bose, but they were able to find a harness that solved the prob and it sounds good enough for me.
Old 05-30-2005, 08:14 AM

I'm also in support of the BOSE stereo. My old Maxima had it, but my current one just has the stock CD/Casette player. HUGE difference, trust me...I miss the BOSE. The stock system has no bass and just isn't as clear. Damn salesman told me it had the BOSE before I flew to Toronto to buy it.