4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

0111 Code.. "Jackpot code" ???

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2005, 02:57 PM

0111 Code.. "Jackpot code" ???

Grr. Light just came out. What is the most common way of fixing this? Is there any way to find the direct problem? is there any effects of this performance wise? Where is the EVAP and what does it stand for?

Diagnostic Trouble Code 0111 is detected when ...
- EVAP control system does not operate properly.
- EVAP control system has a leak in the line between intake manifold and EVAP control system pressure sensor.

Possible causes include ...
- EVAP canister purge volume control solenoid valve stuck closed.
- EVAP control system pressure sensor and its circuit.
- Loose, disconnected, or improper connection of rubber tube.
- Blocked rubber tube.
- Blocked or bent rubber tube to MAP/BARO switch solenoid valve.
- Cracked EVAP canister.
- EVAP canister purge volume control solenoid valve.
- Closed Throttle Position Switch.
- Improper connection of one-way valve.
- Blocked purge port.
- EVAP canister vent control valve.

This is a "jackpot" code. It points to so many possible causes as to be almost useless. It may be accompanied by another DTC which is more specific.

Thanks guys

Sean
Old 05-15-2005, 03:03 PM

Reset the computer and see if it comes up again
Old 05-15-2005, 03:15 PM
Cheesing away...

call a dealership and see if your 96 is eligable for recall. My cel kept getting thrown, i'd reset the ecu, and a few hundred miles later the light would come on for the same thing. I can't quite remember the code my ecu threw, but it was evap code.

also, how is your car an LT1 killer if you've only ran a 15 1320?
Old 05-15-2005, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by sean05
Grr. Light just came out. What is the most common way of fixing this? Is there any way to find the direct problem? is there any effects of this performance wise? Where is the EVAP and what does it stand for?

Diagnostic Trouble Code 0111 is detected when ...
- EVAP control system does not operate properly.
- EVAP control system has a leak in the line between intake manifold and EVAP control system pressure sensor.

Possible causes include ...
- EVAP canister purge volume control solenoid valve stuck closed.
- EVAP control system pressure sensor and its circuit.
- Loose, disconnected, or improper connection of rubber tube.
- Blocked rubber tube.
- Blocked or bent rubber tube to MAP/BARO switch solenoid valve.
- Cracked EVAP canister.
- EVAP canister purge volume control solenoid valve.
- Closed Throttle Position Switch.
- Improper connection of one-way valve.
- Blocked purge port.
- EVAP canister vent control valve.

This is a "jackpot" code. It points to so many possible causes as to be almost useless. It may be accompanied by another DTC which is more specific.

Thanks guys

Sean
If you have a front Strut brace make sure its not hitting the EVAP canister, basically look under you strut bar near the struts and you should see black round thing with pipe.

Old 05-15-2005, 04:46 PM

call a dealership and see if your 96 is eligable for recall. My cel kept getting thrown, i'd reset the ecu, and a few hundred miles later the light would come on for the same thing. I can't quite remember the code my ecu threw, but it was evap code.

also, how is your car an LT1 killer if you've only ran a 15 1320?
Recall? What was the recall for? The LT1 killer is kind of an inside joke. My friend drive a 93' Trans Am with the LT1. Well he raced me the other night and i won! I know i would lose to a well driver LT1. But my friend cant drive and has 65 lbs chrome wheels on it.

If you have a front Strut brace make sure its not hitting the EVAP canister, basically look under you strut bar near the struts and you should see black round thing with pipe.
Thanks i will check it out.
Old 05-15-2005, 04:55 PM

WOOW.. Thanks man, that was the problem. Mine didnt snap the piece off it just ripped the hose. I wraped a thick piece of electrical tape around it. So the strut bar is just rubbing the tube? How did you fix this? Is there any way to relocate the EVAP canister?
Old 05-15-2005, 05:38 PM

WOOW.. Thanks man, that was the problem. Mine didnt snap the piece off it just ripped the hose. I wraped a thick piece of electrical tape around it. So the strut bar is just rubbing the tube? How did you fix this? Is there any way to relocate the EVAP canister?
Nope sorry, I just knew about the issue as I recently brought a strut brace and was looking into any potential issues. I go that picture from the forums about 3 weeks ago.. so try searching with google.[B]
Old 05-15-2005, 07:00 PM
Do I get a tax break?

Thats the EVAP purge valve - not canister. You can either shim the FTSB with a few washers to get some clearance and/or bend the bracket the valve is mounted on a little to get it out of the way.
Old 05-15-2005, 07:08 PM

thanks njmodi. Ill try bending it.
Old 05-15-2005, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by njmodi
Thats the EVAP purge valve - not canister. You can either shim the FTSB with a few washers to get some clearance and/or bend the bracket the valve is mounted on a little to get it out of the way.
Believe me I'm far from mechanical expert, but don't use washers to shim, Wouldn't be pretty I don't think if you took corner to hard, on my I didn't have a whole lot of thread left after installing my brace, putting washers in would leave very little thread.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:49 PM

THANK U GUYS I HAD THIS SAME PROBLEM!!! i cannot express my happiness right now i havent driven my car in 2 weeks and i went through a phase of spending lots of cash and replacing crankshaft sensors and bypassing the 0111 code that came with the 0407 (crank sensor) my piece snapped and im extremely happy to have found this THANK U GUYS SOOO MUCHHHHH
Old 01-10-2007, 12:40 PM
i has college

20 month bump ftw? You can be thankful, but don't pointlessly bump a thread for it. Glad you fixed your problem, though.