4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

SAFCII issue..please help!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 10:49 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

SAFCII issue..please help!!

So...here's the deal. Previously, I had the wires for connecting to the MAF circuit backwards (yellow towards engine..not ECU). I was throwing a CEL obviously and have corrected the wiring. It now operates normally (as near I can tell) with no CEL light. I have the blue wire connected to ONE of the O2 sensor wires and not both as in JIME's write up. First question...does that blue wire need to be connected to both left & right O2's or just one?

Now for the issue...when driving and I give partial throttle it goes HELLA rich and starts bogging, bouncing back, bogging, bouncing back. If I go to WOT, the issue seems to go away but is still running HELLA rich (800ish on EGT at normal driving).

Is this thing supposed to operate normally after completeing the initial setup or does it have to be dyno'd the first time and have it leaned out on partial throttle? I guess I'm confused on what to check next.

Can anyone help? Right now I have the MAF circuit connected directly (bypassing the AFC) so I'm at least driveable. Can anyone post their N/A correction settings?