4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Radio installations

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2005, 08:47 AM

Radio installations

i heard that we have a fellow orger that installs radios, I believe in NJ. Can anyone let me know who this is. thanks..

Jae
Old 06-08-2005, 08:58 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

its reallly realllllyy easy

just get a mounting kit and a harness (really usually only need the harness), and its just plug and play. Match up the wires on the harness to your head unit (much easier to do it on a counter), then go out to your car, wham bam thank-you mam.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:01 AM
renatonetmail

Pearl96Max is his nick. Central Jersey. he also does alarms. Great guy. Excellent work (nice, clean, neat), excellent prices and his email is MyPearlTPI@aol.com. Thanks Don

Contact him before do any purchases since you might get a better deal for equipment+installation.

Old 06-08-2005, 09:16 AM

well i wish it was easy but I am installing a AVIC N1.. which I may be getting rid of soon since I want to do the 7" indash TV with DVD/CD all in 1 player...

thanks for the email renatonetmail...

jae
Old 06-08-2005, 10:29 AM

doesnt best buy do free installs?
Old 06-08-2005, 10:41 AM

i believe for products purchased at Best Buy....
Old 06-08-2005, 10:46 PM

it all depends on what you're installing. if you have the bose head unit obviously u need the pac-roem nis2. best buy doesn't have this. installing the pac is pretty much like the other orger said, just match up the wires n colors. but the roem for some reason requires a remote wire which i found out later is what makes it turn on. i used to install systems for $100 with the wires. power ground rca n everything, but i havent really done it lately because hondas were so much easier since they had a hole in their firewall. the maximas n i30 i have to drill, n i hate drilling in other people's car. if you come to jersey, i'll install it for $20 bucks just the head unit. but u have to buy everything first. the reg harness if its not bose n the antenna adapter n the single din pocket. i believe thats all you need. oh, and obviously the head unit n its harness...-= )
Old 06-08-2005, 11:34 PM
vicodin ... gift of life

Don's the man ... prices are awesome and i hear he does great work.

he's also very helpful.
Old 06-08-2005, 11:47 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Istallation of the screen is exactly the same as any other head unit. You will only have a few more wires to deal with. The only one of real relavance to you (given you aren't hooking up rear view camera, or other aux in's) is the parking brake ground wire. This is the one that freaks out most newb's but it's as simple as grounding the wire and wamo. You got video feed whenever you want. The pioneer AVIC series is a little tricky sometimes though with this wire. Sometimes you have to ground the wire, then hook up power for the unit, then upon error signal due to the parking brake, disconnect the wire from ground and then reconnect it to reset the units memory. Trust me, the install is just as easy as any other radio and I believe the N1 is a single din so you should have no trouble.
Old 06-08-2005, 11:51 PM

And also as another piece-o-info you don't need a dash kit with the 4th gen (i.e. "ISO mounting") unless you want to "Cage" mount your unit so you can slide out the head unit on command. Just remove the old radio and replace with a pocket on the bottom and your screen on the top. Or you can replace the tray on the bottom with the screen.
Old 06-08-2005, 11:51 PM

Wish you were somewhere in the southeast. I could hook it up for ya no prob.
Old 06-09-2005, 05:08 AM

Best Buy is also hit and miss on their quality... at least that's my experience
Old 06-09-2005, 05:57 AM

i installed my own radio but i'm having a problem with the AIRBAG light!! when i began the install i disconnected the battery cables, then I disabled it by seperating the plug under the steering wheel coulmn, but when the install was finished i pluged it back in, and connected the battery cables the light keeps flashing on and off!!! what do i do to reset it??? can anyone help me out??
Old 06-09-2005, 10:12 AM
§è~® f®ÈÄk

Originally Posted by ImmaSquashYou
it all depends on what you're installing. if you have the bose head unit obviously u need the pac-roem nis2. best buy doesn't have this. installing the pac is pretty much like the other orger said, just match up the wires n colors. but the roem for some reason requires a remote wire which i found out later is what makes it turn on. i used to install systems for $100 with the wires. power ground rca n everything, but i havent really done it lately because hondas were so much easier since they had a hole in their firewall. the maximas n i30 i have to drill, n i hate drilling in other people's car. if you come to jersey, i'll install it for $20 bucks just the head unit. but u have to buy everything first. the reg harness if its not bose n the antenna adapter n the single din pocket. i believe thats all you need. oh, and obviously the head unit n its harness...-= )

Pac roem nis2 is a waste of money. It can all be done through the use of male and female rca cables spliced into the aftermarket wire harness. So easy to do.