4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Alignment specs: Is this right?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 08:00 AM

Alignment specs: Is this right?

I took my brother Maxima it get the wheel bearing changed as that was the source of the sounds and vibrations comming from his car. They fixed it all I got an alignment as well I asked for a print out of the aligment specs to compare with the factory spec to make sure his tires doent get eaten up. I wrote down the aligment specs from the FAQs to use as my reference.
Am I crazy or are the specs seem off in comparioson to what the FAQs have?

Camber: -0.3 (Left) -1.3 (Right)
Caster: +1.9(Left) +1.3(Right)
Toe: +.11(Left) +.09(Right)

Sadly their printed didnt work and they wrote this out by hand so I have a large white printer paper with these number on it. They didnt even specify which were front and rear.

Total Toe: +0.2
Cross Member +1.1
Set Back: +.27

Those three above I didnt even know existed as specs when getting alignment. Is it just me or should I get some serious documentation to state the proper alignment specs and ask if they can do it again or am I just reading this wrong?

Factory Aligment specs: http://forums.maxima.org/showpost.ph...5&postcount=12
Old 06-11-2005, 12:08 PM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Camber is off, see if you can pull a bit more negative camber on the left front and a bit more positive on the right. Do so by moving the hub with the play in the bolt holes. On the left side, loosen the two strut bolts and push the top of the rotor inwards, then snug the bolts up. On the right side, loosen the bolts and pull the top of the rotor twards you then snug the bolts up. That should put your camber readings closer to each other, improving straight line tracking. The toe must be reset after you do that so another alignment will be necessary.
Old 06-11-2005, 05:22 PM

ok so it is indeed off in certain aspects. I had the numbers from the faq with me when reading the specs he gave me but when trying to contest I knew I'd need to come back when a manager was there.

Thank you for the advice I will pass this information along to them when I call back about it, I had a feeling they werent on point but felt I'll leave it along till I can get some more feedback from those who are more knowlegable on this than myself. I dont understand how it could be so obvious out of spec unless he didnt check the number to the factory numbers, plus their printer being "broken" and him hand writing these values out doesnt comfort me as a customer.