4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Replacing #5 fuel injector any help welcom

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 10:49 AM

Replacing #5 fuel injector any help welcom

Alright fellas here the scoop, I found the #5 injector is not testing the same as the rest with the ohm meter, and my ECU is sending a missfire from that cylinder. So I'm gonna replace that injector and do some cleaning while im in there.

I just wanted to see if anyone has done this and has any helpful tips that may help me a little, or if someone screwed something up and would like to warn me before I start.

Also my buddy has a '97 GXE and the upper intake manifold bolts are like a greenish gold color, so are the fuel rails and the metal peice the throttle cable is attached to. I was wondering were I might find new hardware like that. Is it on all GXE? Any input is welcome.

Well anyway I'm off to get started please if you have anything remotley helpful I would appreciate it.

95GLEPEARL
Old 06-13-2005, 11:13 AM
Do I get a tax break?

Some people have replaced all the injectors (rear) while they have the plenum off... just to save having to do all that work again. Its not cheap - so it all depends on how comfortable you are pulling the plenum off (in case you have to do it again).

Work slowly and label anything you think you might forget (for reassembly).

Clean out the EGR port on the plenum and the EGR guide tube. Also clean out the rear of the TB butterfly valve (you'll have to pull the TB off to do this).
Old 06-13-2005, 11:52 AM
this place is dead

Originally Posted by 95GLEPEARL
Alright fellas here the scoop, I found the #5 injector is not testing the same as the rest with the ohm meter, and my ECU is sending a missfire from that cylinder. So I'm gonna replace that injector and do some cleaning while im in there.

I just wanted to see if anyone has done this and has any helpful tips that may help me a little, or if someone screwed something up and would like to warn me before I start.

Also my buddy has a '97 GXE and the upper intake manifold bolts are like a greenish gold color, so are the fuel rails and the metal peice the throttle cable is attached to. I was wondering were I might find new hardware like that. Is it on all GXE? Any input is welcome.

Well anyway I'm off to get started please if you have anything remotley helpful I would appreciate it.

95GLEPEARL
You can get them cleaned and matched if you want, www.RCeng.com, they do injectors. I don't think it's too expensive.
Old 06-13-2005, 03:41 PM

Hey, Thanks for the input. Now I know you can clean the throttle body but somewhere it said that there is some special grease inside the (TB) that you shouldn't clean off. Is there anything inside the plenum (upper intake I think) that should stop me from cleaning it spotless?

Also anyone have any feedback on the hardware?

EDIT: Oh yeah by the way, how would I go about cleaning the injectors?
I guess if I'm in there I'll clean them all. Is there some special cleaner I should use or anything I shouldn't use?

This part seems most important since I really don't NEED to replace them and I really can't AFFORD to even if I wanted to. But since I have the **** apart I might as clean everything I can.