4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Worst day ever

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 08:58 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Worst day ever ***Updated with pics***

So everyone is having bad days lately so I think this one will be right up there with everyone elses. I go to the gym and I never drive because of all the problems there but today I drive because my friend I'm going with didn't have his car so I go do my workout leave and go next door to walmart only to look back and see a huge dent/crease in my passenger side quarter panel. Some may remember I had a huge dent/crease on my drivers side a few months ago and had my WHOLE car repainted. So I call the cops make a report. Go to my friends house and am going to leave and my friend backs right into my car with his Bronco, cracks and dents the bumper. So pissed right now pics will be up in the morning. Sorry for the length but at least now I get a front end conversion.
Old 06-21-2005, 09:01 PM
Do I get a tax break?

Sorry to hear it... at least you are looking at the bright side of things... Remember, in the scheme of things, this is just a hiccup and in a few days/months/whatever it won't even matter. Cheers.
Old 06-21-2005, 09:06 PM

i got into a hit and run, i nearly beat the bich unconcscience, but its one thing i learned, out of all the money and time you put into your car dont idolize it. if you its wrecked or gone what do you have left? youll feel like shiet if something happens to it, thats why from now on im like fawk it. i hit and digged up my new lip the other dayfawk it. i mean it is a problem but just dont let it get to you bro, there are other things in life more important then just a car
Old 06-21-2005, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by 2 Da Max
i got into a hit and run, i nearly beat the bich unconcscience, but its one thing i learned, out of all the money and time you put into your car dont idolize it. if you its wrecked or gone what do you have left? youll feel like shiet if something happens to it, thats why from now on im like fawk it. i hit and digged up my new lip the other dayfawk it. i mean it is a problem but just dont let it get to you bro, there are other things in life more important then just a car

great words man

Old 06-21-2005, 09:14 PM
Black Maxima

I just think of it this way: If someone wants to fawk up my Maxima, I'll be back with an even better Maxima...

Sorry to hear about that. Your car looks so hot with that Blue.

Old 06-21-2005, 09:14 PM

Naa dude, any damge is a great excuse to work on the car and mod whatever part got f***ed
Old 06-21-2005, 09:15 PM

My car has a sweet new paint, yet I drive like it's a destruction derby vehicle.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:36 AM

First you people with new paint are nuts for drivin all crazy. Now I have good news finally. The guy that hit my car called the gym and told them and left his name and number so now his insurance is going to cover it after mine wasn't because I don't have that coverage. Pics are about to be uploaded. The first are my first hit and run and the second are from the other days hit and run. Basically the same amount of damage. The first estimate was just over 3K and that was cash and lower amounts of labor and fixing everything instead of replacing. The second will probably be right around there.

First hit and run:

Second hit and run:

Old 06-23-2005, 07:41 AM
Black Maxima

Mayn How Can People Do That

Old 06-23-2005, 07:42 AM

WTF, those accidents are not $3K in damage!.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by rmurdoch
WTF, those accidents are not $3K in damage!.
I only go to one of the best body shops around. The first one doesn't show the whole thing. The rear bumper needed to be replaced and the passenger side door was all messed up. And now the RQP needs to be replaced and this place isn't cheap. I only had my car sprayed for paint there and it was over 1K. Just to get a quick estimate on this place my dad's 2002 Lincoln LS needed a fender and it was like $1600.

EDIT: And on the new one you can't see but in the middle of the QP it is twisted and kinked towards the wheel well and a crease goes from one end to the other. There is also deeper scratches that can't be seen because of the sun.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:06 AM

Sorry to hear about your car. I'm still a little shocked at the price of repair. $3,000? 1995 Maximas have a blue book of only $4500!

How many panels were damaged? Just the quarter panel or were others bent/damaged, too?
Old 06-23-2005, 08:07 AM

Well, as long as HIS insurance is paying, might as well get the best!
Old 06-23-2005, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by TrackSmart
Well, as long as HIS insurance is paying, might as well get the best!
Only the best for a 95SE!