4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Talk about A sleeper/ Smoked by a Sundance

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2001 | 10:25 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

So i just left the Pike here CT and its like a 2 lane rooad type of thing that leads to the highway and me and my friend are like at this peice of crap thats wants some, Im going 90 in 4th and me and the Sundance go at it, and he just pulled on me at high *** speeds, my friend is laughing, and Im like what the ****, how is he pulling on me. Oh well he had a real sleeper and took me.
Old 05-19-2001 | 11:17 PM

Originally posted by CoOlKidS1979
So i just left the Pike here CT and its like a 2 lane rooad type of thing that leads to the highway and me and my friend are like at this peice of crap thats wants some, Im going 90 in 4th and me and the Sundance go at it, and he just pulled on me at high *** speeds, my friend is laughing, and Im like what the ****, how is he pulling on me. Oh well he had a real sleeper and took me.
hahaha... Yea, some of those things were turbo'd at one point in production... Also "Carol Shelby" (yes, of Shelby motors) also got a hold of a few of those (and the Dodge version "Shadow")... He did some magic on 'em for a year or two on certain models. When I was working at a Crysler dealership, we had one come in on a regular basis... Turned out to be my dad's buddy... 4 cyl., 5-speed in stock Shelby form (its a production car from them) was running 13.5's... He had slicks and ran it at palmdale and was hitting 12.90s with a little bit of turbo tweaking... That's fast as hell from that little thing... The only giveaway of the Shelby upgrades was the car was lowered, and had RT badges with a Shelby signature under it... Anyways, I guess it's possible you came up on one of those if he toasted you like that... Just a theory...
Old 05-20-2001 | 10:09 AM

Coolkids1979,

sorry this is off the topic but what kind of rims are those on your max? thanks
Old 05-20-2001 | 11:19 AM

Originally posted by maxkid77

Coolkids1979,

sorry this is off the topic but what kind of rims are those on your max? thanks
I wanna know too!!!
Old 05-20-2001 | 11:31 AM

They are Moda R6 17" rims. I got them from tirerack.com. Someone else here heas thrm on there 3rd gen. I think they are one of the nicer looking rims for the Max.
Old 05-20-2001 | 11:37 AM

They are Moda R6 17" rims. I got them from tirerack.com. Someone else here heas thrm on there 3rd gen. I think they are one of the nicer looking rims for the Max.
wow thats what i have wanted to get! how do they perform? any more pics? thanks man
Old 05-20-2001 | 11:38 AM
KraZel

thats funny as hell...sorry to here that bro
Old 05-20-2001 | 11:40 AM

Originally posted by ikSardarG

hahaha... Yea, some of those things were turbo'd at one point in production... Also "Carol Shelby" (yes, of Shelby motors) also got a hold of a few of those (and the Dodge version "Shadow")... He did some magic on 'em for a year or two on certain models. When I was working at a Crysler dealership, we had one come in on a regular basis... Turned out to be my dad's buddy... 4 cyl., 5-speed in stock Shelby form (its a production car from them) was running 13.5's... He had slicks and ran it at palmdale and was hitting 12.90s with a little bit of turbo tweaking... That's fast as hell from that little thing... The only giveaway of the Shelby upgrades was the car was lowered, and had RT badges with a Shelby signature under it... Anyways, I guess it's possible you came up on one of those if he toasted you like that... Just a theory...
He did the same with the Chargers and the Dodge Omni. They were doing 0-60 in the 6's.
Old 05-20-2001 | 11:44 AM

Originally posted by deezo

He did the same with the Chargers and the Dodge Omni. They were doing 0-60 in the 6's.
Can you imagine coming up on one of those Sky Blue Dodge Omni hatchbacks at a light? Can you imagine the look on your face when he he takes your offer to run, and that thing keeps up with you, and then takes you ?? Haha... Wait, that would suck.
Old 05-20-2001 | 11:53 AM

Originally posted by ikSardarG

Can you imagine coming up on one of those Sky Blue Dodge Omni hatchbacks at a light? Can you imagine the look on your face when he he takes your offer to run, and that thing keeps up with you, and then takes you ?? Haha... Wait, that would suck.
Back in the day, I thought those cars were cool. Dodge was making a comeback from that dumb K car. What was even funnier (when I think about it, the Government was wasting our tax dollar} was the Military Police were trying to pull people over with K cars. If you were speeding on base, you just had to feel sorry for the MP's and just pull over.
Old 05-20-2001 | 12:14 PM
KraZel

If i got beat by a sundance or DODGE OMNI... i would have to pull over for a bit and reflect on that moment. But then again the other day i got beat by a modded Neon!! Have now i dea what he had under the hood. But the rear of his car was pretty impressive
Old 05-20-2001 | 08:20 PM

Originally posted by KraZel
If i got beat by a sundance or DODGE OMNI... i would have to pull over for a bit and reflect on that moment. But then again the other day i got beat by a modded Neon!! Have now i dea what he had under the hood. But the rear of his car was pretty impressive
No matter how fast the Neons are, they won't last long.
Old 05-21-2001 | 08:50 AM

Hot Dodges...

Not only did they cook those cars, but Dodge also made a Turbo Colt. I had one. 5-Speed. That thing was so small and when that turbo kicked in (which was really early) it hauled some major butt.

It was charcoal grey with black stripes and a front spoiler and a little wing on the back hatchback.

People would try to take me and I'd blow them away.. it was so funny.

This little crapbox was blowing them away. lol

I forget the year but it was the later '80's.