4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

long list of probs, plz help

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 10:02 AM

long list of probs, plz help

i went to boot camp and mos training and when i got back i found my car in very bad shape. heres the list of things that i no is ****ed up with it:
-the brake light is on, even with the ebrake down
-the battery light is on, just changed it too
-the front right wheel is making some odd noise
-the driver side pillar bose speaker is poping
-the ac isnt work, theres air coming but not cold
-the airbag light is on, i replaced the airbad but i think i need to change the computer as well, its a 95 gle, any idea how much and where to find one
-abs light is on, i think its for the front right wheel

thats it for so far, i hope nothing else will pop up. any idea how i can fix these problems effectively and not that costly?
Old 06-29-2005, 10:08 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

ac probably needs recharge and wheel might have a bad bearing.
Old 06-29-2005, 10:10 AM

See the sticky for resetting the air bag light. It worked for a friend of mine this week.
Old 06-29-2005, 10:11 AM
MaximaPWR

1) brake light being on: check your rear brake pads. Lurk around the rotor area...maybe something causing the e-brake link to not fully release. You are in NY so rust can definitely be at fault.

2) AC not blowing cold air: you may be out of (don't know the new term for it, used to be called "freon" gas). How many miles on your car?

As to speaker poping, wheel making noise, and others....well, you need to be a little more descriptive in order for someone to diagnose your problem. What kind of wheel noise? When does it happen?

What do u mean speaker pillar is "poping"?

Old 06-29-2005, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by MaximaPWR
1) brake light being on: check your rear brake pads. Lurk around the rotor area...maybe something causing the e-brake link to not fully release. You are in NY so rust can definitely be at fault.

2) AC not blowing cold air: you may be out of (don't know the new term for it, used to be called "freon" gas). How many miles on your car?

As to speaker poping, wheel making noise, and others....well, you need to be a little more descriptive in order for someone to diagnose your problem. What kind of wheel noise? When does it happen?

What do u mean speaker pillar is "poping"?
The refrigerant is R-134a.
Old 06-29-2005, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by bomt697
-the brake light is on, even with the ebrake down
-the battery light is on, just changed it too
-the front right wheel is making some odd noise
-the driver side pillar bose speaker is poping
-the ac isnt work, theres air coming but not cold
-the airbag light is on, i replaced the airbad but i think i need to change the computer as well, its a 95 gle, any idea how much and where to find one
-abs light is on, i think its for the front right wheel

thats it for so far, i hope nothing else will pop up. any idea how i can fix these problems effectively and not that costly?
-check brake fluid. or pads could be very low
-sounds like wheel bearing.
-blown speaker most likely, find a replacement
-recharge 134a
-check how to's on how to diagnose air bag light.
-abs light. . . got me never heard it light up for anyone before.
Old 06-29-2005, 10:52 AM
Kevlo for President

Alternator is dead.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:29 AM

Battery light+ brake light= alternator death..... count on it soon.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:06 PM

thx, how much does an alternator cost? and i member my sister telling me she had the gas recharged up but its not giving cold air. as for the speaker, when u have a something playing i can here some crackling kind of pops. the right wheel um, i was told that it might have something to do with my axle. should i just use WD40 to get rid of the rust that might be on my rear rotors?
does it matter that the ecu for the airbag is still the same one when it org deployed? or do i have to change it in order to get that airbag light out?
Old 06-29-2005, 01:43 PM
kormax97

Originally Posted by bomt697
thx, how much does an alternator cost? and i member my sister telling me she had the gas recharged up but its not giving cold air. as for the speaker, when u have a something playing i can here some crackling kind of pops. the right wheel um, i was told that it might have something to do with my axle. should i just use WD40 to get rid of the rust that might be on my rear rotors?
does it matter that the ecu for the airbag is still the same one when it org deployed? or do i have to change it in order to get that airbag light out?
if the gas is recharged, you might need to remove the excess air in the chamber if it wasn't done after you recharged it and drive it around a little bit with AC on.

speakers... why not just replace one... should a cheap and easy job. if you have non boss, i got one laying around.

your front brakes are probably almost to nothing. if your lazy, check and see if you can tell if there's any pad left between the rotor and the caliper through the rims.

if you just changed the battery with new one and it's not charging, it's your alternator.. take it to autozone and get a free test.

and don't use wd40.. haha that's the second time i said that today in org..

Old 06-29-2005, 02:09 PM

for ur AC to work it had to be set to AUTO right? mine does anyways. otherwise when youre at the lowest setting on manual, it wont be cold
Old 06-29-2005, 03:14 PM

My max just had the same symptoms, your'e alternator is about to crater. Approx $180 for rebuilt, $260 for new, go new if you plan to drive for a while. A/C may be related to alt, front right wheel ???

Get it in before it strands you somewhere...