4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

budget bs

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 11:37 PM
vqmax

budget bs

well i went to install my brand new y-pipe today and got to looking at the craftsmanship on the pos...where the two pipes meet there is a big mother****ing gap where air freely moves..i can actually cover all openings and get air out..then i noticed pinholes in the ****ty welds that air comes from..well i was pretty depressed over this, not so much angry...so i took it too a welding shop and got them to weld it up since it is ****ing canada day and i cant call and ***** at budget about a new one and my old one is fubar so i had to use this one..not cheap. then i realized that the damn o2 hole on the front post had broken threads, had to tap this. well needless to say someone is getting more than an earful come monday, july 4th, the real holiday. i just got all excited because everyone says how budget sells good stuff but this had to be one of the worst pieces of garbage ive seen in a damn long time. hopefully it isnt shown through every piece they sell and it was just a horrible rush job on a friday or something, i still have hope.

Old 07-02-2005, 03:03 AM
Sold

man that sucks. Phone budget and have them send you out another one. Tell them that you want them to refund the $'s you paid for duty on the first one also. Good luck and this is the first time I've heard of any problems on a budget pipe.
Did you take any pictures?
Old 07-02-2005, 10:18 AM

first time youve heard of problems eh?...there was a LONG thread about a month ago from a guy who got a SHYTTY AZZ budget ypipe...man this thing was horrible looking....not the first time Ive heard of probs with budget.....budget is junk!! ... why dont people go with warpspeed..I love mine and theres absolutely no bees!
Old 07-02-2005, 06:37 PM
vqmax

yea i took a whole hell of a lot of pictures and plan on sending them the ones of their garbage and the ones of the welding shops work and show them how things are supposed to be welded. i have it on right now because i have to and i love the power but the ****ty quality needs to garner either me a full refund for the pipe and the work or send me a new good quality pipe and ill send them the junk back, at their own expense. this **** is outta hand tho.

Old 07-02-2005, 10:22 PM

Man i just ordered a y from budget 3 days ago... i hope mine isnt ****ty when it arrives.
Old 07-02-2005, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by vqmax
well i went to install my brand new y-pipe today and got to looking at the craftsmanship on the pos...where the two pipes meet there is a big mother****ing gap where air freely moves..i can actually cover all openings and get air out..then i noticed pinholes in the ****ty welds that air comes from..well i was pretty depressed over this, not so much angry...so i took it too a welding shop and got them to weld it up since it is ****ing canada day and i cant call and ***** at budget about a new one and my old one is fubar so i had to use this one..not cheap. then i realized that the damn o2 hole on the front post had broken threads, had to tap this. well needless to say someone is getting more than an earful come monday, july 4th, the real holiday. i just got all excited because everyone says how budget sells good stuff but this had to be one of the worst pieces of garbage ive seen in a damn long time. hopefully it isnt shown through every piece they sell and it was just a horrible rush job on a friday or something, i still have hope.
wow man..im sorry...that sux major *****
Old 07-03-2005, 01:45 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by JSMax
Good luck and this is the first time I've heard of any problems on a budget pipe.
Really? Read all about Budget SS problems right here. This is the latest major complaint.

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....ghlight=budget

Do a search with "Budget problems" and you'll be surprised how much crap comes up. You should donate, that way you can search about products and hear the good and the bad before you buy. When I did my searching, my consensus was the following: you have a 50/50 chance with fitment issues/BITC with both Budget and Warpspeed, and I could only find a few cases of rust complaints against Cattman. (Although Budget and Warpspeed will rust just as easily, but at least you didn't pay an arm and a leg for it)

I'm sure Murdoch is going to jump into this thread any second now and start defending Budget. Let's face it people. When you order from Budget, you just don't know what you're going to get!! It's either really nice or it's really crap.

They don't call themselves "Budget" Exhaust for nothin'.

Say what you guys want, Budget SUCKS.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:52 AM

sucks for you, i got my budget and it came in perfect condition. one thing though, you should just talk it over with budget before posting. someone had problems with them, and budget refunded their money back and let them keep the ypipe.
If they dont comply with your request, then flame on, but before that, dont make a company look like an as$
Old 07-03-2005, 07:44 AM
RIP '98 Maxima SE

Originally Posted by Maximus_95
sucks for you, i got my budget and it came in perfect condition. one thing though, you should just talk it over with budget before posting. someone had problems with them, and budget refunded their money back and let them keep the ypipe.
If they dont comply with your request, then flame on, but before that, dont make a company look like an as$
I second that motion. No complaints here about my Budget Y and B pipes.
Old 07-03-2005, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by The Wizard
Really? Read all about Budget SS problems right here. This is the latest major complaint.

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....ghlight=budget

Do a search with "Budget problems" and you'll be surprised how much crap comes up. You should donate, that way you can search about products and hear the good and the bad before you buy. When I did my searching, my consensus was the following: you have a 50/50 chance with fitment issues/BITC with both Budget and Warpspeed, and I could only find a few cases of rust complaints against Cattman. (Although Budget and Warpspeed will rust just as easily, but at least you didn't pay an arm and a leg for it)

I'm sure Murdoch is going to jump into this thread any second now and start defending Budget. Let's face it people. When you order from Budget, you just don't know what you're going to get!! It's either really nice or it's really crap.

They don't call themselves "Budget" Exhaust for nothin'.

Say what you guys want, Budget SUCKS.
No, I am not going to defend Budget. There is absolutely no excuse for producing then shipping a defective product. If Budget continues to do this, they will end up being out of business. They should get that message loud and clear. I really don't know what their problem is.

I bought a stainless steel Budget y-pipe just over a year ago and am very pleased with the product. No fitment issues, no bees in the can whatsoever.

Again there is no excuse for what they are doing. Register your complaint loud and clear to them.
Old 07-03-2005, 09:30 AM

This is the 2nd time I've seen crappy budget y-pipes ending up at a very unfortunate soul's hands. This is simply unacceptable. I feel vqmax's pain. All this time of anxiously waiting, it's hard enough to accept that you've paid a lot of money for something that is not even in your hands yet. And then a big disappointment sets when you open the box and notice things like this. Then you beat yourself up asking yourself, why in the hell did I spend money on this. It feels like you've been raped, or robbed of your hard earned money. There is no excuse and it's a lot easier for people who have gotten their stuff in perfect condition the first time w/o having to hassle with phone calls, shipping, and in his case, duty fees, to defend companies like this. It's always easy to keep your head straight when things like this happens to someone else but as soon as it happens to you, its the end of the world! No pun intended on Maximas 95 and BlackCat. However, I don't think you guys have valid reason to tell this person who is obviously very upset and disappointed, how to communicate his frustrations. Sometimes people need a shot up in their asses to get them to straighten up their act. Bad publicity is always effective in most cases, company who's in that light usually turn things around very quickly.

The same stuff is happening to me but with a different product. And who knows what I would have done if I wasn't controlling myself.
Old 07-03-2005, 11:28 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

yes this sounds like quality going down, shipping a pipe with holes in it is just unacceptable.
Old 07-03-2005, 11:36 AM

I only have one thing to say....WARPSPEED, no problems !!!
Old 07-03-2005, 03:09 PM
vqmax

it was more or less just a vent, i was pissed because i was expecting quality and got **** but i believe (until tomorrow if not resolved) from what ive read that they can build quality pieces and i just got a junker. im not flaming on them so much as just being pissed that they werent open on the day i wanted them to be..not there fault there though. i will register a complaint tomorrow on my holiday and ill see where to go from there with this budget problem. i usually have a pretty rough temper but i couldnt get pissed off with it because i was just so damn let down. hopefully it will be resolved.

Old 07-03-2005, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by vqmax
it was more or less just a vent, i was pissed because i was expecting quality and got **** but i believe (until tomorrow if not resolved) from what ive read that they can build quality pieces and i just got a junker. im not flaming on them so much as just being pissed that they werent open on the day i wanted them to be..not there fault there though. i will register a complaint tomorrow on my holiday and ill see where to go from there with this budget problem. i usually have a pretty rough temper but i couldnt get pissed off with it because i was just so damn let down. hopefully it will be resolved.
Let them know in no uncertain terms that they are getting dissed a lot on the .org. They get a fair amount of business as a result of this website.