4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

? about Cefiro headlights

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 06:15 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

? about Cefiro headlights

I know that Cefiro headlights aren't sae or D.O.T. approve, there for making them illegal. My question is, has anyone been pulled over or harrased by cops or sta***roopers, or high beammed by other moterist? Did you pass your inspection with them on?
Old 07-07-2005, 06:20 PM
vicodin ... gift of life

i see no reason for failing or being pulled over unless you have HIDs installed in them.
Old 07-07-2005, 08:28 PM

i doubt it...besides its just a 30 dollar tick...pop on ur stock ones and ur good to go...
Old 07-07-2005, 08:40 PM

if you have HID's attached to them, do they look like crap?

I want to get HID's but i'm in between on either to retro some projectors or getting the cefiro
Old 07-07-2005, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by TurTLe*
if you have HID's attached to them, do they look like crap?

I want to get HID's but i'm in between on either to retro some projectors or getting the cefiro
i dont know why u would put HIDs on clear headlights...because they're already super bright but if you do...you'll look like a bimmer depending on how strong ur HIDs would be...
Old 07-07-2005, 09:00 PM

the OEM cefiros are ECE type headlight, therefore having the 15 degree flare to the right, so with HIDs installed properly with a shield, you can retain that cut-off (flare to the right) and still be safe while keeping glare levels down low enough so it wouldnt bother people. remember, this is only for the OEM cefiros, the TYC and smoked housing cefiros arent OEM and wont have the correct beam pattern.
Old 07-07-2005, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Lawtown
I know that Cefiro headlights aren't sae or D.O.T. approve, there for making them illegal. My question is, has anyone been pulled over or harrased by cops or sta***roopers, or high beammed by other moterist? Did you pass your inspection with them on?
you will not have a rpoblem with them...mustangs have only a 1 piece headlight too..and they are fine on the street.
Old 07-07-2005, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Chipotle18
you will not have a rpoblem with them...mustangs have only a 1 piece headlight too..and they are fine on the street.
these headlights are from overseas where they drive on the opposite side of the street...you will find their aim is right into other drivers' eyes.
Old 07-07-2005, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by cefiro8701
these headlights are from overseas where they drive on the opposite side of the street...you will find their aim is right into other drivers' eyes.
actually the OEM cefiros come from Taiwan where they drive on the same side as the US...I have OEM cefiros and they aim towards the right, illuminating road signs and people.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by cefiro8701
i dont know why u would put HIDs on clear headlights...because they're already super bright but if you do...you'll look like a bimmer depending on how strong ur HIDs would be...
How "super bright" will they be? I was assuming that the cefiro's would be the same output as the maxima's only diffrence is its a one peice.

I was looking to get a smoked cefiro w/ hid's or just doing a retro fit. Now seeing as how smoked cefiro's won't give me a correct beam pattern. i'm torn between getting smoked cefiros or doing a retrofit.

I'm just looking for more lighting to the ground so i can have a clearer vision. Because right now my maxima headlights aren't cutting it.

edit/ after you installed the cefiros i assume there is no turning back since you have already dremeled away the middle peice right?
Old 07-07-2005, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by TurTLe*
How "super bright" will they be? I was assuming that the cefiro's would be the same output as the maxima's only diffrence is its a one peice.

I was looking to get a smoked cefiro w/ hid's or just doing a retro fit. Now seeing as how smoked cefiro's won't give me a correct beam pattern. i'm torn between getting smoked cefiros or doing a retrofit.

I'm just looking for more lighting to the ground so i can have a clearer vision. Because right now my maxima headlights aren't cutting it.

edit/ after you installed the cefiros i assume there is no turning back since you have already dremeled away the middle peice right?
the middle piece doesnt have to completely broken off, you can cut the top and bend it down, thats what i did just in case i want to revert back to stock.
Old 07-08-2005, 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by maximazation
I have OEM cefiros and they aim towards the right, illuminating road signs and people.
They sure do bighten up the signs on the right side but it looks too bright and it shines on them from a far distance. I'm just afraid that i might be blinding people on my right. Anyone else have any input and info on the subject?
Old 07-08-2005, 07:38 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I have the cefiros and really love the look of them. I have PIAA bulbs in them that are very bright. I do get flashed on occasion but it is rare. I have a hard time thinking you'd get pulled over with a standard bulb but if you go HID with the reflective housing it will be very bright!!!
Old 07-08-2005, 08:37 AM

Well i have sylvania Xtra visions but the Cefiro housing really seems to brighten up the signs on the side of the road. Even if i'm on the 4th lane of the highway I still brighten up the signs on my right and about twenty to thirty feet away on the right. Did i aim them wrong? Has anyone tried to get they're car inspected with Cefiro headlights?
Old 07-08-2005, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Lawtown
They sure do bighten up the signs on the right side but it looks too bright and it shines on them from a far distance. I'm just afraid that i might be blinding people on my right. Anyone else have any input and info on the subject?
i aimed mine down just a little more, so the immediate signs shine up in front of me instead of every sign on the road, but I did lose some light on the left side as I can see the cut-off on the ground, but it wasn't enough to reduce visibility.