4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Installed Ben's long travel rear strut mounts and I'm glad I did

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 01:19 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by MaximaPWR
Noise? What ******* noise you idiot?

Who's talking about a noise here? Where did I mention noise in this thread? I'm talking about the sag. You really are a retard.

I'm assuming that since you want me to drive up to Maryland, the bet is on and it's for $1000.

Deezo: The sag has nothing to do with my springs. Although often claimed that H&R springs make the rear sag, that is not the case with my car. I will show anyone that drop with my H&R is significantly more even with stock mounts as opposed to Ben's mounts, which make the rear sag. Comon deezo...it's $1000.
First I'm going to say, slow your roll with the attitude or else your outta here for good.

Second, like I said, I have the Motivational Mounts and H&R springs and the mounts didn't make them sag. Plus, how does a mount with the same mounting height make a car sit lower than the stock mounts?
Old 07-25-2005, 01:51 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Who's talking about a noise here? Where did I mention noise in this thread? I'm talking about the sag. You really are a retard.

I'm assuming that since you want me to drive up to Maryland, the bet is on and it's for $1000.

Deezo: The sag has nothing to do with my springs. Although often claimed that H&R springs make the rear sag, that is not the case with my car. I will show anyone that drop with my H&R is significantly more even with stock mounts as opposed to Ben's mounts, which make the rear sag. Comon deezo...it's $1000.
how about i bet 100K that you'll be banned within 24 hours? c'mon it's only 100K...i know you have it big baller.
Old 07-25-2005, 03:02 PM

Hi all:

I started a thread a few days ago about the mounts. Maybe i am "that other guy" who is referred to earlier in this thread.

I looked at my original thread a few days ago, and it seemed it was getting into a flamewar, like this one is.

As for my previous thead, I don't believe I said my ride was "better" WITHOUT the mounts. It is "smoother" with Ben's mounts, but I simply ended up preferring the responsiveness of my particular car without the mounts, even if the ride stiffened up somewhat.

What is "better" or "worse" is all subjective to each driver.

Maybe certain spring/shock/shock-adjustment combinations don't sag as much or at all with the modified mounts. If other people have a different experience from mine, I can accept that -- and I'm not trying to start an argument with anyone.

And like I said in my earlier thread, I think the modified mounts would be a good choice for aggressively lowered cars. Any ride-height or sagging argument becomes a moot point for people with coilovers.

I don't see why some people are going ballistic and losing their heads over this matter. It is just like any other product on the market. Some like it and others don't.
Old 07-25-2005, 03:19 PM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Actually Ben's mounting plate is a touch thicker then the stock mounts. Plus it's flat, not curved inwards like the stock mounts. Therefore, if the OEM rubber spring seat is used which sits on top of the mount, not in the slightly camfered (sp?) grove which is in the OEM mount, then the rear actually raises about 1/32 of an inch.

Common sense people, put the two mounts with the rubber seats on them side by side on a tabe and you'll see for yourself. It's impossible for the mount to cause a lower ride height. If anything it could raise it by a couple of milimeters.

My set up, (sig pic) H&R springs with Motivational rear mounts. If you look at the wheel well gaps, there even, but if you measure from the rocker to the street you'll find the car actually sits slightly raked down twards the front. Stop measuring your wheel well gaps and look at the rocker to the street distance. I'm sure you'll find the car sits level however the wheel well gaps make the appearance of a rear sag. Our cars have larger front wheel to fender clearances by design up front so the wheel doesn't hit the fender when it's turned and the suspension is fully compressed.

I don't like the design of Ben's mounts, they have no support for side to side movement of the rubber spring seat which could cause the spring to shift. The Motivational mounts have groves that hold the rubber spring seat and spring in place. Neither mount can cause a noticable change in the ride height of the vehicle, they only change the shock piston mounting location.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:13 PM
Minister of Silly Walks

Old 07-25-2005, 04:32 PM

You sir are a tard
Old 07-25-2005, 04:36 PM
Lightly modded

Originally Posted by Fulltone74
Hi all:

I started a thread a few days ago about the mounts. Maybe i am "that other guy" who is referred to earlier in this thread.

I looked at my original thread a few days ago, and it seemed it was getting into a flamewar, like this one is.

As for my previous thead, I don't believe I said my ride was "better" WITHOUT the mounts. It is "smoother" with Ben's mounts, but I simply ended up preferring the responsiveness of my particular car without the mounts, even if the ride stiffened up somewhat.

What is "better" or "worse" is all subjective to each driver.

Maybe certain spring/shock/shock-adjustment combinations don't sag as much or at all with the modified mounts. If other people have a different experience from mine, I can accept that -- and I'm not trying to start an argument with anyone.

And like I said in my earlier thread, I think the modified mounts would be a good choice for aggressively lowered cars. Any ride-height or sagging argument becomes a moot point for people with coilovers.

I don't see why some people are going ballistic and losing their heads over this matter. It is just like any other product on the market. Some like it and others don't.
Thank you for clearing that up in a mature manner. And thanks to Tom for clearing it up even further. Ben, do you have anything to add
Old 07-25-2005, 05:06 PM
Minister of Silly Walks

I'll add the following:

The mounts DO NOT change ride height with regular springs.

I've never heard of anyone having problems with the springs drifting off-center.

Most noise issues are easily fixed with careful installation.

Also, there's probably another group buy with a price break coming up...
Old 07-25-2005, 05:48 PM

On that note, thread closed and idiots will get time off.