4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

New pictures of my '97

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 08:22 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

All good except the auto tranny and arcade inspired steering wheel!
Old 08-17-2005, 08:37 PM
Doc

Originally Posted by Shadow
Thanks, and I know it's extreme. But I had the whole Stillen kit/drop and rims back in '00, so I had to change it up.

Right now, I'm looking at something along the lines of an FX45, or an M45. And if I can convince the wife, maybe a slightly used BMW 745i. Something more grown up.

GL with selling and moving on. Some nice choices you are considering. I don't think it's a matter of growing up only growing out of something like extreme modding as you've done. At 41 I think my Max is a very grown up person's car, but mine is basically stock except for some very minor mods. I think I'm getting your point, though, you are growing out of the major modding scene where some may view you as a 'boy racer' with a heavily modified car. Again GL.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:38 PM

Shadow, sad to see you leave the maxima enthusiasts, your car was an inspiration.

I remember the Sarona kit with the brighter blue paint job.

I do hope you change your mind.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:55 PM

wow bro, car looks hot, thats got to be the hottest max, that has alot of work into it. How many times you painted that car? daam. btw keep the graphics, its a show car you need it. i mean you got the boost, nitrous, paintjob, interior work, and audio. the graphics looks nice. nice car overall
Old 08-17-2005, 08:56 PM

Well, when I got it, I couldn't drive a manual and I just never changed it.

As for the steering wheel, it was the most comfortable of the different MOMO's I tried out and 1000x better than the giant bus steering wheel that the car comes with.

Originally Posted by 2k3TitaniumSe
All good except the auto tranny and arcade inspired steering wheel!
Old 08-17-2005, 08:58 PM

Yeah, pretty much I'm getting out of the boy racer scene. I can't stand getting revved on at lights anymore.

The Maxima is a very nice car stock, I guess I should have phrased it that I wanted something more luxurious. The Maxima is plenty grown up, well maybe not mine.

Originally Posted by Doc
GL with selling and moving on. Some nice choices you are considering. I don't think it's a matter of growing up only growing out of something like extreme modding as you've done. At 41 I think my Max is a very grown up person's car, but mine is basically stock except for some very minor mods. I think I'm getting your point, though, you are growing out of the major modding scene where some may view you as a 'boy racer' with a heavily modified car. Again GL.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:44 PM
Doc

Yeah, pretty much I'm getting out of the boy racer scene. I can't stand getting revved on at lights anymore.

The Maxima is a very nice car stock, I guess I should have phrased it that I wanted something more luxurious. The Maxima is plenty grown up, well maybe not mine.

lol...understood, my brother. Looks like you'll be stepping into the lap of luxury with your next move.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:10 PM

You give Maxima a good name. Tunable engine, potentially GREAT looking, and everything that gives a car a good name. If you don't mind me saying so, I would not recommend the BMW 745i. The steering feels VERY artificial and BMW's arent really known for long-term reliability(horrid electrical problems within a few years). If you want something sophisticated YET still very sporty I would point you to the Lexus GS series. The pre-2006 models use a base Supra engine, the only supra engines still in production (along with the Lexus IS300) if you still feel the urge for tuning. If you are willing to wait, then the GS430h (hybrid with over 300hp) and or the IS350 (over 300hp V6. Looks incredibly promising. Aimed as a 3-series killer). Both are going to be released around October. No, I don't work for Lexus, just giving my 2-cents.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:22 PM

i love your car man

you got a BOV type s greddy?
Old 08-18-2005, 12:54 AM

that car is sooo clean! i really love the whole style of it, specially the turbo. SIC
Old 08-18-2005, 07:20 AM

Yup, Greddy Type S.

Originally Posted by zzmasta06
i love your car man

you got a BOV type s greddy?
Old 08-18-2005, 08:19 AM

Man, that is one riced-out family sedan.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:28 AM

i think it looks great! did you shave the side molding completely or just the recessed holes?
Old 08-18-2005, 08:30 AM

Yeah, one that happens to have 350+whp without the nitrous.

Funny, $600 graphics make everyone ignore the $6000 paint job.

Originally Posted by AceTKK
Man, that is one riced-out family sedan.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:33 AM

On the 4th gen, there are just holes, the rest of it is flush w/ the doors, so we just had to shave the holes. In the pic, you can see there are no lines. The side moldings were shave along w/ the trunk keyhole and antennae. I considered shaving the door handles, but then then nothing would have been there to break up the giant bubble shape of the car. Plus, the car does run at the 1/4 on occasion and they don't let you run without door handles.

Originally Posted by shavedmax
i think it looks great! did you shave the side molding completely or just the recessed holes?
Old 08-18-2005, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by 95bkackmax18s
looks really nice. i like the paint, rims, turbo, i like it all. i need one of those gas doors and that shifter. oh and i represent evolution auto design everyday. (on my back side windows) sweet ride. later

btw, did you make that side decal of the grey line? how much for one in black just like it? i might like one.

Great work Shadow.!!!

95bkackmax18s, am I seeing your sig pic right? The car looks computer generated. I like the futuristic look i would probably wreck looking at that..Good Work. I am seeing a real maxima right?
Old 08-18-2005, 09:05 AM
Maxima Owner

GL with the sale.....car looks great....it is what it is SHOW AND GO...F the haters....atleast there isnt a 4ft wing on it.....looks like you put alot of hard work and money into it....hopefully someone will pick it up and treat it jsut as good as you did....PS hows that e-manage working..easy to use/install good tuning ability
Old 08-18-2005, 10:51 AM

Yeah, one that happens to have 350+whp without the nitrous.

Funny, $600 graphics make everyone ignore the $6000 paint job.

Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of respect for your mechanical/fabrication skills and I think your ride is a fine example of that. The fact remains that a 350hp turbocharged Maxima is still a front-wheel-drive family sedan. I'd like to see what you could do with a more capable platform.

-Ace-
Old 08-18-2005, 12:16 PM

You have to work with what you have right? The Maxima was my first new car and first modified car, and a great learning experience. I may pick up a project car down the road.

Plus, it was kind of fun surprising people. Most people have the same reaction you do when they heard I drove a modified Maxima. Then when shown the car, they're usually impressed. No one expects a fast Maxima.

Originally Posted by AceTKK
Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of respect for your mechanical/fabrication skills and I think your ride is a fine example of that. The fact remains that a 350hp turbocharged Maxima is still a front-wheel-drive family sedan. I'd like to see what you could do with a more capable platform.

-Ace-
Old 08-18-2005, 01:51 PM
Licensed to Spell

Not too fond of the graphics, gas door and all the chrome inside but otherwise, you did a great job Jeff. Very unique/creative.
Old 08-18-2005, 07:51 PM

On the 4th gen, there are just holes, the rest of it is flush w/ the doors, so we just had to shave the holes. In the pic, you can see there are no lines. The side moldings were shave along w/ the trunk keyhole and antennae. I considered shaving the door handles, but then then nothing would have been there to break up the giant bubble shape of the car. Plus, the car does run at the 1/4 on occasion and they don't let you run without door handles.
thats weird because both my 98 and my 97 parts car had an indentation where the holes for the moldings were, and there's a body line that follows through to the fenders underneath. i wonder if they changed the design at any point.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:02 PM

I must be wrong then, it's been 4 years since I was at the bodyshop getting the moldings shaved. That was the first paintjob on the car. I just remember pulling the moldings off and seeing holes. I was expecting to see an indention like on Hondas and surprised to not see one. I must have just missed the body line.

Originally Posted by shavedmax
thats weird because both my 98 and my 97 parts car had an indentation where the holes for the moldings were, and there's a body line that follows through to the fenders underneath. i wonder if they changed the design at any point.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:43 PM

very nice ride. definately, one of the best rides ive seen here in the forum. good job. what kind of rims are those and what size?
Old 08-18-2005, 09:45 PM
Donating i30 Owner

i just cant get over your wheel/brake setup.. its down right sexy... i mean tyes the turbo is nice too = )... heh but that wheel setup must glue you to the ground..
Old 08-19-2005, 12:52 PM

I must be wrong then, it's been 4 years since I was at the bodyshop getting the moldings shaved. That was the first paintjob on the car. I just remember pulling the moldings off and seeing holes. I was expecting to see an indention like on Hondas and surprised to not see one. I must have just missed the body line.
either way it looks great
Old 08-19-2005, 06:33 PM
KH3 by popular demand

Shadow, you can run but you can't hide from the tuning scene. There was a magazine that came out a couple months ago (I think it was RIDES) with that JDM M45 that had the GTR motor in it on 20z, it also had the nissan grill and was white, you may have seen in it the mag. It was a total sleeper and was still luxury. In my opinion if the car is paid off I would keep it as a show car just not a daily driver. Them light revving kids are stupid anyways. It's funny that the most people making the noise about the graphics and decals probably have no idea how advertising or sponsorships work. Anyway, hopefully you can make it to Nopi Nationals with it, you never know you might find a buyer there, not to mention enviers like us get to see a last glimpse of it before it is sold.
Old 08-20-2005, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Shadow. Sorry to hear you are selling the maxima. You definately were one of the pioneers here with one of the first few sucessful boosted maximas.

For the other two yahoos trying to dig on Shadow's car, please remember, this dude has been around here before you even thought about joining this site. So instead of ragging on his car that has more mods than you two will ever see in your lifetimes, how about giving the dude his dues and compliment the guy?

He's helped more people here than you two will probably ever will combined. Just because the car isn't some plain jane stocker, doesn't mean it won't sell to the right person. It's got a hell of alot of mods and the install and parts are done RIGHT. It's a shame people can't look beyond modifications that aren't your liking and appreciate the other 99% that's done spot on.
omg Jeff that is SOOOOOOOO perfectly put .. I couldnt even try and add to that ... thats just perfect....

yeah Shadow ive been looking at pics of your car even before I joined the org...seriously man that car is sooo sick...your interior is sooooo freaking awesome...im in a state of awe....good luck selling, make sure that incredible max gets a good home
Old 08-20-2005, 05:15 AM

I dont really like body kits, but damn im gonna make an exception. This car looks sick. What kinda turbo are you running. Is this a custom setup?
Old 08-20-2005, 07:01 AM

I'm speechless.
Old 08-20-2005, 07:56 AM

Amazing man, simply amazing. Mind sending some hi-res pics my way, you have the email i hope
Old 08-20-2005, 10:22 AM

nice max! best i ever seen
Old 08-20-2005, 11:20 AM

i was lucky enought to see this whip down at GSU, but that was before this paint job.......which looks amazing, the perfect blue hue
Old 08-20-2005, 03:21 PM

Wow.... Graphics look great, I hate blues, but thats mean! Never seen hat max around town........ Hope someone local picks it up. You try importatlanta.com ?
Old 08-20-2005, 04:21 PM

i love the out side of the car man. I wish that it was 5spd tho.
Old 08-21-2005, 01:33 AM

Shadow, the car is hot. I remember when your car started out with just the front stillen spoiler, dropped, rims, grafted spoiler and still had the factory paint on it. I have pics from a meet of your car too. Actually it was one of the car shows in Atlanta that was going on like 4/5 years ago. Anyway, your car is a work of art. I love the turbo setup. It didnt look like any of the other ones that were put out so I couldnt put my finger on it, nicely done. You are the second max that has pulled off the Audi TT fuel Filler door. Which to me is a success because when Ming( aka MAC) did it to his max I was thinking that was the only max I was going to see it on. Nice work on that man, most def. Its weird how once we get to that max point of modding, we sell the cars, but all is good and well because its just on to a new project. Im sure some maxima loving enthusiast will pick up the ride. Very nice work man. Good luck with the whatever new ride you get.
Old 08-21-2005, 08:20 AM
UCF Lexus

Dont sell it Jeff!!!

Car looks amazing w/ those new wheels
Old 08-21-2005, 09:16 AM

wow great lookin max!! I love the turbo gfx on the side.
Old 08-21-2005, 07:20 PM

Thanks, it's actually Ming's fuel door. After he wrecked his car, I got it from him and had it molded in.

I think that once you get the car past a certain point, there isn't much left to do and so it's time to move on.

Originally Posted by max88q
Shadow, the car is hot. I remember when your car started out with just the front stillen spoiler, dropped, rims, grafted spoiler and still had the factory paint on it. I have pics from a meet of your car too. Actually it was one of the car shows in Atlanta that was going on like 4/5 years ago. Anyway, your car is a work of art. I love the turbo setup. It didnt look like any of the other ones that were put out so I couldnt put my finger on it, nicely done. You are the second max that has pulled off the Audi TT fuel Filler door. Which to me is a success because when Ming( aka MAC) did it to his max I was thinking that was the only max I was going to see it on. Nice work on that man, most def. Its weird how once we get to that max point of modding, we sell the cars, but all is good and well because its just on to a new project. Im sure some maxima loving enthusiast will pick up the ride. Very nice work man. Good luck with the whatever new ride you get.
Old 08-21-2005, 07:24 PM

The turbo itself is a Garrett T3/T04S hybrid. And the rest of the setup is totally custom.

Originally Posted by 4thgenx42
I dont really like body kits, but damn im gonna make an exception. This car looks sick. What kinda turbo are you running. Is this a custom setup?
Old 08-21-2005, 07:25 PM

I'll try IA soon.

BTW, I've seen your car around town, I was driving my other car when I saw you driving down 78 by Killian Hill. At first I wasn't paying attention, then I saw the WRX taillights.

Originally Posted by therealgoon9
Wow.... Graphics look great, I hate blues, but thats mean! Never seen hat max around town........ Hope someone local picks it up. You try importatlanta.com ?

Quick Reply: New pictures of my '97