4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

New pictures of my '97

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Shadow
I'll try IA soon.

BTW, I've seen your car around town, I was driving my other car when I saw you driving down 78 by Killian Hill. At first I wasn't paying attention, then I saw the WRX taillights.

Cool
Old 08-21-2005, 08:58 PM

car looks amazing man, keep it up!
Old 08-22-2005, 12:07 PM

would be sweet if it was a sleeper
Old 08-22-2005, 12:19 PM

That is one of the few graphics choices that I find to be decent. And resisting a huge wing is a plus!

But why no tint?
Old 08-22-2005, 02:46 PM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

The max is looking great. It has come a long way since I saw it last. I know how you feel about moving onto another car. I feel the same way. I feel too old for the scene. I'll probably part mine out one day, then just use it as a beater.
Old 08-22-2005, 02:47 PM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

Tint makes it hard for people to see the interior work at car shows like HIN.

Originally Posted by dharrison
That is one of the few graphics choices that I find to be decent. And resisting a huge wing is a plus!

But why no tint?
Old 09-30-2005, 12:24 PM

I like the graphics with the turbo except the giant logo..It looks different, people who say that's ricey are just conservative, but let's all keep in mind this is a family car with at turbo eh?
Old 09-30-2005, 12:32 PM
Licensed to Spell

:o)

Originally Posted by Maxi113
I like the graphics with the turbo except the giant logo..It looks different, people who say that's ricey are just conservative, but let's all keep in mind this is a family car with at turbo eh?

5 weeks later??
Old 09-30-2005, 01:01 PM

My god man! Now that is how a max should be done

beautiful color

although ido agree, its going to take some searching to find a serious buyer and get your moneys worth

I want it
Old 09-30-2005, 01:12 PM

I bumped my FS thread which was linked to this, so I think a lot of people are seeing it for the first time.

Originally Posted by ptatohed
5 weeks later??
Old 09-30-2005, 08:21 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by 4banger69
That's exactly what I was thinking. The powertrain mods are nothing short of amazing. I've got to respect the knowledge, time, and commitment that you put into your Max.
Old 10-01-2005, 07:29 AM

Would be pretty boring as a sleeper too.

Originally Posted by 4banger69
Old 10-03-2005, 05:05 AM

Wow those new wheels look awesome on it. Sure hate to see you sell it. Wont get to park by you at HIN anymore.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:08 AM
MaximaDriver

nice, very nice. love it men
Old 10-06-2005, 07:32 PM

Has to be one of the best Maxima's i've seen
Old 10-12-2005, 11:13 AM

nice car, auto turbo..how is it holding up? were these parts mostly sponsored or purchased yourself?
Old 10-12-2005, 11:42 AM

Auto is still fine, it's the original tranny, no problems as of yet. Still shifts cleanly even under full throttle at 10psi.

With the parts I can't even remember what I bought and what was sponsored anymore. Most of the stuff on the car now I bought I think. A lot of the stuff I got on sponsorship back in the day have been replaced.

Originally Posted by kev1031
nice car, auto turbo..how is it holding up? were these parts mostly sponsored or purchased yourself?
Old 10-12-2005, 11:56 AM

well im gunna go ahead and hit the lotto so i can buy that work of art!

A+ man. you came right up to that ricer line.. tiptoed on it a little, but never did cross it.

+1 to the drool club. GL selling it. hope the new owner appreciates it!

PS: keep the graphics on till the new owner wants them off! they add to the cars personality!
Old 10-12-2005, 02:51 PM
schilljr

lookin good.............need a manual conversion

Old 10-12-2005, 02:57 PM

I saw this on ED, was thinking of getting the crome dash, but since you showed the close-up, there is no way I'd buy that. It's looks like some drunk guy cut some sheet medal. == IT DONT FIT!! == Plus, it's a rolling bill board, other that that, nice engine mods, but no way I'd buy it.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:07 PM

What are you talking about? The pic of the center console? The gaps are a lot smaller than that pic makes it look. I've compared different kits, and the actual gaps on my kit are smaller than the gaps on most of the other ones, there's just no resin coating to distract the eye.

Everyone thinks they're an expert, the kits are cut on $300K machines, and you think you're going to do better by hand.

And did you not read on the 1st page where I explained why it's a rolling billboard?

Originally Posted by 95MaxRB26-DETT
I saw this on ED, was thinking of getting the crome dash, but since you showed the close-up, there is no way I'd buy that. It's looks like some drunk guy cut some sheet medal. == IT DONT FIT!! == Plus, it's a rolling bill board, other that that, nice engine mods, but no way I'd buy it.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:09 PM
I'm needing a caw

Don't worry Shadow, this is the extent of his mods:

Modifications:
indash 7" lcd, cd/aux repleced pop out treay, old crome 18" enikes, clears & euros, ps2, stero,tint

What are you talking about? The pic of the center console? The gaps are a lot smaller than that pic makes it look. I've compared different kits, and the actual gaps on my kit are smaller than the gaps on most of the other ones, there's just no resin coating to distract the eye.

Everyone thinks they're an expert, the kits are cut on $300K machines, and you think you're going to do better by hand.

And did you not read on the 1st page where I explained why it's a rolling billboard?
Old 10-12-2005, 03:10 PM

Why? Car is plenty fast as it is, and I'm not particularly impressed with the 5spd. on a Maxima. It's a lot easier to drive in traffic this way.

Originally Posted by schilljr
lookin good.............need a manual conversion
Old 10-12-2005, 03:14 PM

Haha, I know I shouldn't get worked up. But it seems these days everyone's an expert on working with metal. Too much American Chopper or something.

Originally Posted by Jeff92se

Modifications:
indash 7" lcd, cd/aux repleced pop out treay, old crome 18" enikes, clears & euros, ps2, stero,tint
Old 10-12-2005, 03:33 PM

No, I didn't see the thing about the rolling bill board, but sure you had you reasons.

As for the console, I was being sarcastic. I like that green car more, but was impressed with your guts, untill I saw how the dash kit overlaps on the edges. Other than that, looks ok, but everyone has their own opinion, and mine is that rice does NOT belong in a luxary car. If you had the green car, and it was for sale, I'd be all over it, but this one..... no way. Not because it don't look good, it's just not my style, I like a clean car, this car is not clean, it's rice, I know it was alot of work, but sorry man, just my opinion. I'd give anything for your engine, but the car, no way. I hope you see what I mean.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:38 PM
I'm needing a caw

Don't you mean engine/turbo/exhaust/bbk/wheels/custom leather/custom guages/paint job etc.. as you don't have any of that.

I mean the graphics can be peeled off. Most of the cosmetics can be just replaced VERY easy to suit the new owner's wants.

It might be "rice" to you but it would also be showing you his "rice" tail lights up/down the track and autox

No, I didn't see the thing about the rolling bill board, but sure you had you reasons.

As for the console, I was being sarcastic. I like that green car more, but was impressed with your guts, untill I saw how the dash kit overlaps on the edges. Other than that, looks ok, but everyone has their own opinion, and mine is that rice does NOT belong in a luxary car. If you had the green car, and it was for sale, I'd be all over it, but this one..... no way. Not because it don't look good, it's just not my style, I like a clean car, this car is not clean, it's rice, I know it was alot of work, but sorry man, just my opinion. I'd give anything for your engine, but the car, no way. I hope you see what I mean.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:38 PM

Modifications:
You're a barrel of laughs. I dont even have that anymore, my car is taken apart. So the correct thing to say would be;

No carpet, No seats, No fenders, No lighs, No bumpers, No exaust, No dash, No console, No trunk lid
Old 10-12-2005, 03:40 PM
I'm needing a caw

no class

You're a barrel of laughs. I dont even have that anymore, my car is taken apart. So the correct thing to say would be;

No carpet, No seats, No fenders, No lighs, No bumpers, No exaust, No dash, No console, No trunk lid
Old 10-12-2005, 03:46 PM

Don't you mean engine/turbo/exhaust/bbk/wheels/custom leather/custom guages/paint job etc.. as you don't have any of that.

I mean the graphics can be peeled off. Most of the cosmetics can be just replaced VERY easy to suit the new owner's wants.

It might be "rice" to you but it would also be showing you his "rice" tail lights up/down the track and autox

engine = bada$$
turbo = increadable/
exhaust = didn't see it, but sure it's there
bbk = okay
wheels = not bad, not that nice either
custom leather =
custom guages = custom?
paint job = would be hot if I could see it.
etc = yeah, remove the spam from the car, it'd be damn good looking, I'll admint that.

I mean the graphics can be peeled off. Most of the cosmetics can be just replaced VERY easy to suit the new owner's wants. = Yep yep, and if he wants to sell it, he needs to take care of removing the crap.

It might be "rice" to you but it would also be showing you his "rice" tail lights up/down the track and autox = Very true
Old 10-12-2005, 03:48 PM

no class
lol.. seriously, not being sarcastic, that was funny.
Old 10-12-2005, 03:55 PM

Ok, just to be clear, the dash does not overlap on the edges. I can see in the pic it looks like it does, but the kit is not uneven.

Who do you think custom made the kit for the green Maxima? Oh wait, we did. They're the exact same design other than we modified openings to mount different parts.

And how is my car rice but the green one isn't? You realize that once the graphics are stripped, the cars are essentially identical except for choice in body kit/bodywork.

Who built the turbo on the green car also? The same interior shop did both interiors, etc.

I'm still amused at how because I run a graphics shop and advertise for it, I drive ricemobile. Other than the graphics, what is so "rice"? Every part was integrated into the car, nothing was just bolted in. The car is clean other than the graphics. No side moldings, no antennae, no trunk keyhole, no badges, nothing.

Old 10-12-2005, 03:57 PM
Licensed to Spell

:o)

You don't like rice but you were going to buy a chrome dash kit???
Old 10-12-2005, 04:03 PM

And what wheels do you have? I decided against going with the freaking MM Evo's that everyone and their sister has. But that's personal taste, I don't like most wheels either.

If 2/3 of the people inquiring about the car didn't want the graphics to stay, I'd probably remove them. But I'm not going to do that until I get word from whomever is buying it. And FWIW, the graphics bring a lot of business to the shop. If it didn't bring us $1K+ graphics jobs, I wouldn't have it. Car didn't have graphics for 7 years, they've only been on for 6 months for the show season.

engine = bada$$
turbo = increadable/
exhaust = didn't see it, but sure it's there
bbk = okay
wheels = not bad, not that nice either
custom leather =
custom guages = custom?
paint job = would be hot if I could see it.
etc = yeah, remove the spam from the car, it'd be damn good looking, I'll admint that.

I mean the graphics can be peeled off. Most of the cosmetics can be just replaced VERY easy to suit the new owner's wants. = Yep yep, and if he wants to sell it, he needs to take care of removing the crap.

It might be "rice" to you but it would also be showing you his "rice" tail lights up/down the track and autox = Very true
Old 10-12-2005, 04:04 PM

Ok, just to be clear, the dash does not overlap on the edges. I can see in the pic it looks like it does, but the kit is not uneven.

Who do you think custom made the kit for the green Maxima? Oh wait, we did. They're the exact same design other than we modified openings to mount different parts.

And how is my car rice but the green one isn't? You realize that once the graphics are stripped, the cars are essentially identical except for choice in body kit/bodywork.

Who built the turbo on the green car also? The same interior shop did both interiors, etc.

I'm still amused at how because I run a graphics shop and advertise for it, I drive ricemobile. Other than the graphics, what is so "rice"? Every part was integrated into the car, nothing was just bolted in. The car is clean other than the graphics. No side moldings, no antennae, no trunk keyhole, no badges, nothing.

Yeah, remove the graphics, and racing interior mods, and I'd love it. The green one used to be my desktop background a while back, I just like everything about it. YES, I know they are both built by the same place but...

If you could take off the graphics, remove the racing interior stuff, and those tow truck floor mats, I'd buy it quick!

I like the crome dash, and if it fits right I'll buy one, but I've got to see more pics before I do now, I belive you, but....

Are the turbo kits for sale? Can you guys do one, or was it like it said on the site just a "project"? I noticed the site hasn't been updated in a while.

I'll get you guys dress up kit regardless, sorry for soundind so rude, if the graphics are just stickers, how much you want for the car?