4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

anyone have the factory window roll down with an aftermarket alarm?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 06:56 PM

anyone have the factory window roll down with an aftermarket alarm?

i'm shaving the handles on my 4th gen and like the idea that i could just roll down the windows instead of using poppers. anyone have it this way? did you just have it added on with the aftermarket alarm (no factory at all)

thanks guys
Old 09-15-2005, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by shavedmax
i'm shaving the handles on my 4th gen and like the idea that i could just roll down the windows instead of using poppers. anyone have it this way? did you just have it added on with the aftermarket alarm (no factory at all)

thanks guys

u lost me!! what does "shaving the handles on ur 4th gen......and the fact that u like the idea of rolling ur windows down via remote.......and the use of poppers have to do with each other???

quote- "and like the idea that i could just roll down the windows instead of using poppers."

huh???????

maybe im slow today but i need some clarification
Old 09-16-2005, 11:18 AM

when you shave the handles off a car you have no way to get in it. you either have to put in an electric solenoid that pulls the latch open, or if the window is rolled down, you could just open the door from the handle inside. the only reason why i wouldnt want to only use the factory alarm is that the actual lock serves as a means to reset the alarm, if it's missing and the alarm goes off i dont know if it'll let the car start. i had that problem with my 3rd gen's keyless entry when i shaved it.
Old 09-16-2005, 12:45 PM

yea i gotta viper 791 and i got my alarm programmed to roll my windows down..
Old 09-16-2005, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by DrTySOUFMaX23
yea i gotta viper 791 and i got my alarm programmed to roll my windows down..
really? please embelish. i just got a clifford matrix 10.2 and they said i have to get the window modulators.

the only way i can roll my windows now, is to carry the stock alarm remote with me along with my new alarm remote. so when i hit the old unlock and hold it, it still rolls em down. kind of a pain but i already got so much **** on my keys so whats one more thing. plus its worth it
Old 09-17-2005, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by RicoSuave98
really? please embelish. i just got a clifford matrix 10.2 and they said i have to get the window modulators.

the only way i can roll my windows now, is to carry the stock alarm remote with me along with my new alarm remote. so when i hit the old unlock and hold it, it still rolls em down. kind of a pain but i already got so much **** on my keys so whats one more thing. plus its worth it
well, im not really sure what or how they did it. they just asked me if i wanted to get one of the channels for the windows and i agreed and ever since then i been usin it..i guess matrix alarm doesnt have the ability of wat viper alarm can do i dunno.. but i dont remember buyin any window modulator..