4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Dying My Interior????

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 07:52 PM

Dying My Interior????

I have a reallll intruiging question....i always wanted a black interior ( hating the stock tan/creamish look ) and i recently was lookin through some cardomain pages and someone dyed their interior .....now this raises my curiosity, what if i wanted to dye the carpet, dash, and all the seats....i know the carpet and seats would be do-able...but what would i do about the dash?....that and what kinda stuff would i use to dye or spray?...
Old 10-04-2005, 08:03 PM

sell your car and buy a car with a black interior ... if you wanna change your interior color, its A LOT of work.... you wont be able to dye your seats, theyll fade fast...get seat covers or new seats .... putting in or dying a carpet is a days worth of work .... you can paint your dash but itll look like crap unless you take it out and paint it properly....buy a black dash and have someone put it in... if you wanna paint any kind of plastic or vinyl, use DUPONT duplicolor spray paint
Old 10-04-2005, 08:06 PM

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/607818/3

really think they'll fade?

and i know it'll be alot of work...but anything that's actually consider " nice looking " " cool " or a big performance mod takes " alot of work " ....im willing to spend the money, and do the work , im not lazy and it's no problem...my question is any input on how to go about doing it.....
Old 10-04-2005, 08:16 PM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

This is what I did, I live near you, and if you'd be interested in doing somehing of this nature, I may be able to help.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:21 PM

yea man, definetly, you ahve aim or aol or somein? lemmie know
Old 10-04-2005, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Scooobay
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/607818/3

really think they'll fade?

and i know it'll be alot of work...but anything that's actually consider " nice looking " " cool " or a big performance mod takes " alot of work " ....im willing to spend the money, and do the work , im not lazy and it's no problem...my question is any input on how to go about doing it.....
Yea...thats my interior....it does fade rather quickly, and the carpet loses its softness. Its quite annoying..but i retouch every couple of months. Just a temporary fix until i get leather
Old 10-04-2005, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by hollaatchaboi
Yea...thats my interior....it does fade rather quickly, and the carpet loses its softness. Its quite annoying..but i retouch every couple of months. Just a temporary fix until i get leather
screw having the carpets soft, lol....im always wearin sneakers or boots anyways and make sure everyone in my car does the same.lol .....how much you think it would run to get leather front and back seats....
Old 10-05-2005, 06:46 AM

You can either get custom leather from a site like katskinz.com and install it urself......or go to junk yards and hopefully find a set of leather seats in good condition for a good price.
Old 10-05-2005, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by hollaatchaboi
You can either get custom leather from a site like katskinz.com and install it urself......or go to junk yards and hopefully find a set of leather seats in good condition for a good price.
never thought of hte junkyard...although i promised myself that everythign i put in the car will be NEW and not used...kinda of a petpive i have about buying the BEST thing...... .lemmie rephrase that...Best thing within REASON