4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

HIDs on a 96 MAX

Old 10-12-2000, 10:40 AM
nismo96max

I have a set of 2000 Mercedes C500 headlight assemblies, they come with the bulb, balast, and everything I need to hook them up. My question is, how do you make an adapter for the bulb to fit my housings, I have the 97+ headlights.

Old 10-12-2000, 10:55 AM

Not possible. The 9004 just can't support an HID system>

unless you get one of those kits. But, you lose your high beams when you get these conversions. Then, there will always be the retards that go and say "with HIDs you won't NEED highbeams". THat's a load of bull doodoo...you always need highbeams. Get a wire harness upgrade and some high wattage bulbs...this is the best thing a Maxima owner can do for better lighting at this time.
Old 10-12-2000, 10:58 AM
The missing moderator

Re: Not possible. The 9004 just can't support an HID system>

Originally posted by Albertt
unless you get one of those kits. But, you lose your high beams when you get these conversions. Then, there will always be the retards that go and say "with HIDs you won't NEED highbeams". THat's a load of bull doodoo...you always need highbeams. Get a wire harness upgrade and some high wattage bulbs...this is the best thing a Maxima owner can do for better lighting at this time.
Yep, not to mention the comeplete distruction of your beam pattern.

-Shing
Old 10-12-2000, 11:00 AM
nismo96max

Re: Not possible. The 9004 just can't support an HID system>

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Albertt
[I]unless you get one of those kits. But, you lose your high beams when you get these conversions. Then, there will always be the retards that go and say "with HIDs you won't NEED highbeams". THat's a load of bull doodoo...you always need highbeams. Get a wire harness upgrade and some high wattage bulbs...this is the best thing a Maxima owner can do for better lighting at this time.

SO WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND? I AHVE NOKYAS RIGHT NOW, THEY ARE NICE BUT NOT BRIGHT ENOUGH, I LIKE PIAA SUPERWHITES, BUT THEY ARE JUST TOO PLAIN. HID WOULD LOOK REALLY NICE ON A MAXIMA. WHAT KIND OF CONVERSION KIT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? MAYBE I SHOULD CUSTOM INSTALL THE BENZ LIGHTS ON MY MAX, HAHAHA.

Old 10-12-2000, 11:09 AM

Re: Re: Not possible. The 9004 just can't support an HID system>

[QUOTE]Originally posted by nismo96max
[I]
Originally posted by Albertt

SO WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND? I AHVE NOKYAS RIGHT NOW, THEY ARE NICE BUT NOT BRIGHT ENOUGH, I LIKE PIAA SUPERWHITES, BUT THEY ARE JUST TOO PLAIN. HID WOULD LOOK REALLY NICE ON A MAXIMA. WHAT KIND OF CONVERSION KIT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? MAYBE I SHOULD CUSTOM INSTALL THE BENZ LIGHTS ON MY MAX, HAHAHA.
that's right but you can put the h i d in the max. we do them in my job. i'll ask the inst. and get back to you. i think you have to use your 9004 bulb , we do them on almost any car and they look really good.
Old 10-13-2000, 04:20 AM

headlight conversion?

Maybe you might wanna do a headlight conversion. What i mean to say is modify your hood ,fenders and possibly grill to fit the pair of mercedes headlamp assembly to your Maxima. The Honda camp has been doing that alot. I have seen a 98 Nissan 240 projector headlamps on a Honda civic. good luck!!!!
Old 10-13-2000, 10:19 AM

Nismo96Max: Here's what you want to do >>

Go to either

http://www.autosyndicate.com/

or

http//www.carparts.com

and order the wire harness for a non-Toyota 9004 headlamp system.

Then, go to

http://www.susquehanna.com

and order up some 9004 overwattage bulbs, either 80/100Watt or 100/130Watt. They come in superwhite, regular and even riceboy blue according to your taste.
Old 10-13-2000, 10:43 AM

hum....check this site out!

http://www.xenonshop.com

they peddle the philips HID system for $620 shipped, includes everything. Phillips bulbs, ballasts, beam correction, blah, blah, blah...Looks
pretty damned good if you ask me! Check it out and pass it on to our little discussion group. and I understand these kits are totally retrofittable.

wonder if anyone has experimented with these?

rgds
-Jason