4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

••ü•• What HIDs can do for you

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005 | 10:29 PM
Former Sponsor

••ü•• What HIDs can do for you

Just imagine, you're driving down the road, and you have normal headlights, what are you missing? Hmmm, let's take a look:

It's Dark

It's just with angel eyes

It's just the fogs now
Old 11-11-2005 | 10:29 PM
Former Sponsor

Now we couldn't stop there

This is what it looks like:
Old 11-11-2005 | 10:32 PM

holy wow ... what kelvin rating is that ... 4300, 6000, etc.. ??
Supporting Maxima.org Member

you do know that showing us pictures of projectors in a BMW doesnt really do anything for us, considering that we DONT HAVE PROJECTORS................

also putting HIDs into our stock housing has a lot of Glare issues, and is also illegal. '

those pictures are amazing though...

hmmmm interesting
Old 11-11-2005 | 11:00 PM

start selling 4th gen single piece retro headlights and i would be all over that
Old 11-11-2005 | 11:18 PM

yeah good idea ... someone needs to sell maxima headlights with built in projectors...omg I bet the company would sell hundreds and hundreds
Old 11-11-2005 | 11:22 PM

i agree.....we NEED projectors made!!!!!
Old 11-12-2005 | 01:42 AM

i'd buy a plug and play swap kit. i love the way HID projectors light up the road.
Old 11-12-2005 | 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by ThisMaxIsTight
yeah good idea ... someone needs to sell maxima headlights with built in projectors...omg I bet the company would sell hundreds and hundreds
My theory has always been, when KIA starts putting it on their cars as standard equipment, the party's over. It's held true with clears, clear corners, leather, led's, so on and so forth. Why would something that comes standard on KIA sell like hotcakes?
Old 11-12-2005 | 03:54 AM
Tha Snatcher

They have been down this road before. There was a huge thread back in the day in the GD forum. They were considering making dual lens projectors w/ DDEs in them. They halted the project because it costed to much money to make.

Hence the 4th gen Retrofit Revolution...

But i agree, whats the point of showing off BMW headlamps in the 4th gen forum?
Old 11-12-2005 | 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by Iron Scimitar
They have been down this road before. There was a huge thread back in the day in the GD forum. They were considering making dual lens projectors w/ DDEs in them. They halted the project because it costed to much money to make.

Hence the 4th gen Retrofit Revolution...

But i agree, whats the point of showing off BMW headlamps in the 4th gen forum?

Thank you Mr. Yager, no seriosuly you sound just like a teacher there
Old 11-12-2005 | 06:11 AM

I have a huge problem with the camera tricks used in these photos. Tell me how HIDs make the sky seem so bring in the last pic? Hum....HID's are great but not F'n magic. I've owned them in all of my cars but I can't remember the last time they turned night into day.

Originally Posted by umnitza

Old 11-12-2005 | 06:14 AM

i dont care how much better headlights cost i will pay for them. to me lighting is extremely important i have a very hard time focusing at night. and to not drive at night isnt an option. its not THAT bad but i do have some blurred vision at times. lighting owns, not everyone has time to do an 8 hour retro and i want some dde's in there too. come on umnitza lets goooooo!!!
Old 11-12-2005 | 08:16 AM

It never gets dark in Houston... Headlights aren't that big a deal
Old 11-12-2005 | 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by the_3d_man
It never gets dark in Houston... Headlights aren't that big a deal
lol is that a UH parking pass?
Old 11-12-2005 | 09:17 AM
There's never a day when something's not on sale

I would guess that because there is so much more light that the shutter of the camera is taking in, that it makes everything else seem brighter because it can capture more of what is actually out there..
Umnitza has provided very good service to the .org, and great products, they are trustworthy sellers.

Mike
Old 11-12-2005 | 09:18 AM

why is this thread here? The group deal forum is where you stay. This should be deleted just for trying to advertise products to us that we already know exsist and NOT even on a 4th gen. Business or not you dont post in this one, stay in your GD forum and be done, i personally dont want to see 10,000 posts about HID's again like last summer when you started doing this. About the seller who cares what kind of rep he has, if no one remembers all those sorry fights he started with maximabest another seller of HID's. Bashing his product, then to return a month later SELLING the SAME THING!
Old 11-12-2005 | 10:02 AM

Ya why bother posting crap like that when its not even a product we can buy?? yea not all of us want to spend a whole day retroing these to work..... MAYBE come back when you have a worth while item to tell about that will fit in our cars...
Old 11-12-2005 | 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by joosdawg
why is this thread here? The group deal forum is where you stay. This should be deleted just for trying to advertise products to us that we already know exsist and NOT even on a 4th gen. Business or not you dont post in this one, stay in your GD forum and be done, i personally dont want to see 10,000 posts about HID's again like last summer when you started doing this. About the seller who cares what kind of rep he has, if no one remembers all those sorry fights he started with maximabest another seller of HID's. Bashing his product, then to return a month later SELLING the SAME THING!
that really was the most pitiful thing. "Helios is junk", then he comes around selling them 3 weeks later. Retrofitting is the way to go...i compare my E46 to when my maxima had the balast and ignitors only, no contest, might as well just get bright fogs instead of paying to blind other people ont he roadway. i now realize how annoying it is to have someone iny our rearview with a crap kit.
Old 11-12-2005 | 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by culejoe
Ya why bother posting crap like that when its not even a product we can buy?? yea not all of us want to spend a whole day retroing these to work..... MAYBE come back when you have a worth while item to tell about that will fit in our cars...
I gotta say thats a pretty stupid comment.... most of the threads on here are garbage mostly caused by newbs like yourself..ive seen you post some pretty dumb stuff.... yes its a beamer and yes the light is through projectors...but its his product which he does sell as an HID kit FOR OUR maximas....obviously the light isnt going to be as amazing as that, but maybe not too far off ... I actually enjoyed looking at the pics...im sick of reading posts, "why is my CEL on!?"....gosh some of the posts on here are rediculous.... when someone posts cool pictures like those light beam patterns, i dont think its harming anyone

are you kidding?....worthwhile?...his HID kits are more than worthwhile, plenty of people have bought them off the org
Old 11-12-2005 | 07:00 PM
KH3 by popular demand

That would be nice if someone could make projector headlights for the 4th gen. If you look on eBay you can find them for almost any vehicle, even a 90s honda and to me that's not right. I guess the demand is still not high enough yet for 4th gen max.

It does take quite a bit of money.
New maxima headlights off eBay $150 shipped
New e46 projectors $114 shipped
Production fee per light $50+ (just an estimate) the mold is what is costly
You are looking at around at least $250 for the lights as an estimate. New cefiros that are just a reflector based light are $215-$250 shipped. So if someone made them you would be paying more than 5th gen projector lights that they sell on eBay, and we haven't even gotten to bulbs and ballasts yet. If it is "plug and play" you are looking at around another $300+. Bottom line, hid is high. But you get what you pay for unless you buy one of these "kits".

Someone (maybe me ) has to figure out how to turn the stock reflector into one that is hid friendly, the 5th gen hid headlights are D2R for crying out loud!!.

Total cost for retrofitted lights with bulbs and ballasts= $500+
The look on the faces of bwm,lexus, mercedes owners when a 4th gen maxima with
an hid retrofit goes by with a better beam pattern than them= priceless
Old 11-12-2005 | 07:09 PM
brooklynK3Y

Originally Posted by maxgtr2000
That would be nice if someone could make projector headlights for the 4th gen. If you look on eBay you can find them for almost any vehicle, even a 90s honda and to me that's not right. I guess the demand is still not high enough yet for 4th gen max.

It does take quite a bit of money.
New maxima headlights off eBay $150 shipped
New e46 projectors $114 shipped
Production fee per light $50+ (just an estimate) the mold is what is costly
You are looking at around at least $250 for the lights as an estimate. New cefiros that are just a reflector based light are $215-$250 shipped. So if someone made them you would be paying more than 5th gen projector lights that they sell on eBay, and we haven't even gotten to bulbs and ballasts yet. If it is "plug and play" you are looking at around another $300+. Bottom line, hid is high. But you get what you pay for unless you buy one of these "kits".

Someone (maybe me ) has to figure out how to turn the stock reflector into one that is hid friendly, the 5th gen hid headlights are D2R for crying out loud!!.

Total cost for retrofitted lights with bulbs and ballasts= $500+
The look on the faces of bwm,lexus, mercedes owners when a 4th gen maxima with
an hid retrofit goes by with a better beam pattern than them= priceless

This man knows what he's talking about..
Old 11-12-2005 | 07:13 PM
MaximaDriver

Originally Posted by Hamy
I have a huge problem with the camera tricks used in these photos. Tell me how HIDs make the sky seem so bring in the last pic? Hum....HID's are great but not F'n magic. I've owned them in all of my cars but I can't remember the last time they turned night into day.
Old 11-12-2005 | 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by ThisMaxIsTight
I gotta say thats a pretty stupid comment.... most of the threads on here are garbage mostly caused by newbs like yourself..ive seen you post some pretty dumb stuff.... yes its a beamer and yes the light is through projectors...but its his product which he does sell as an HID kit FOR OUR maximas....obviously the light isnt going to be as amazing as that, but maybe not too far off ... I actually enjoyed looking at the pics...im sick of reading posts, "why is my CEL on!?"....gosh some of the posts on here are rediculous.... when someone posts cool pictures like those light beam patterns, i dont think its harming anyone

are you kidding?....worthwhile?...his HID kits are more than worthwhile, plenty of people have bought them off the org

what is the point of showing us pictures of a hid kit out of projectors? why not just get pics of the many hids he sold to maximas? why use the bmw pics? it just doesnt make any sense now does it?
Old 11-12-2005 | 07:26 PM
KH3 by popular demand

Well, in those pics it better light up the whole night if there are about $1000 worth of hid kit equipment there.
The foglights set is one kit, headlights another, and I think the highbeams too are another. You are looking at around 60,000+ volts or more going through that set up(from ballasts to bulbs).
Old 11-12-2005 | 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by stronium_95se
lol is that a UH parking pass?
yes it is.
Old 11-12-2005 | 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Mr.Duck
what is the point of showing us pictures of a hid kit out of projectors? why not just get pics of the many hids he sold to maximas? why use the bmw pics? it just doesnt make any sense now does it?
this is true ... I enjoyed the pics though ... but maxima hid kit pics would be more appropriate

Old 11-12-2005 | 08:10 PM
wat

I can go take a picture of my car with my projectors on and it would be that bright.... If I up the exposure...

HIDs arent exactly THAT bright in person. They are brighter than Halogen, but its not exactly a night and day difference. Its a huge improvement, but its pointless honestly to have HIDs in the fogs. That doesnt help, you need more light ahead of you, not an extremly bright spot on the road. I have my projectors setup so they spread the light wider, so I have actually 2 hot spots, not 1 like most cars. This enables me to have a wider view. Sure they might not look that bright inperson since they arent focused on one spot, but id rather have a larger view of the road (you'll spot a deer quicker with my setup than a normal one).

Just my .02
Old 11-12-2005 | 08:21 PM

I don't know if I'm jumping on the bandwagon here, but:

a) stop junking up our forum with advertising.
b) stop doctoring your pictures.
c) use pictures from a f*cking Maxima.
d) ü is also the trademark of Günther, the euro pop superstar. I would change your logo.
Old 11-12-2005 | 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by MorpheusZero
I don't know if I'm jumping on the bandwagon here, but:

a) stop junking up our forum with advertising.
b) stop doctoring your pictures.
c) use pictures from a f*cking Maxima.
d) ü is also the trademark of Günther, the euro pop superstar. I would change your logo.

Big words from a man with 56 posts.
Old 11-12-2005 | 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by kcryan
Big words from a man with 56 posts.
56 posts or not, I'm a member of this forum and I'm appalled that he's coming in here to advertise. Are you saying you disagree with me? This thread is completely useless to anyone besides him--it will solve no problems and has no constructive value. On top of that, it is false, not to mention irrelevant, advertising.

It's a disgrace to this forum, which I have been a member of (although not posting, since I had no maxima at the time) since just about when you were. Maybe you have something more constructive to do than finger me and my post count.
Old 11-12-2005 | 08:52 PM
Well I should wrap this up before I start to ramble.

I do agree morpheuszero, this is a way for people to advertise. It would be much better if it was a Maxima.
Old 11-12-2005 | 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Mr.Duck

I completely agree. Give us an idea of how it would really look coming from our cars. We can see how BMW's HIDs look when they are driving next to us.
Old 11-12-2005 | 09:25 PM

come out with some dual cefiro projectors and u can post pics of my car up here all you want
Old 11-12-2005 | 11:36 PM

DO NOT BUY THOSE STUPID KITS!!!! This guy once informed me that a custom harness was not necessary for HID kits! Yeah sure those kits are bright , but they do not put light on the road like that. Also its not safe to blind others.
Old 11-12-2005 | 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by p00tan6
DO NOT BUY THOSE STUPID KITS!!!! This guy once informed me that a custom harness was not necessary for HID kits! Yeah sure those kits are bright , but they do not put light on the road like that. Also its not safe to blind others.
Agreed. If you're going to go HID, projector retrofit is the way to go. There is nothing, and I mean NOTHING more annoying and unsafe than blinding xenon straight to the face when you're driving at night. It's nice to have HID but it's not worth how many people you will **** off. And if you want to **** people off, go get a hella 118db horn, at least you can selectively do it that way.
Old 11-13-2005 | 12:03 AM
Former Sponsor

You have a "huge" problem?

No, a "huge" problem is finding out you just got stopped for going over 110, and your jail mate likes how you look and is 300lbs of "Bubba".

A "huge" problem is finding out you have a genetic predisposition to dying before 40.

A "huge" problem is not your ignorance, but it's getting there.

All pictures taken exactly the same:
F3.2, 3.2" Tv, 2" delay, -2/3 EXP, Vivid Setting, SL (super large) with S70.

Now, onto other worldly problems
Old 11-13-2005 | 09:37 AM

i dont understand you orgers. im sure well over 300 people have ordered HIDs from him and they are good quality. you guys are getting so bent out of shape over his pictures. i think you guys should take up another hobby if u have nothing better to do than to sit here and critisize his pictures. maybe he was putting those pics up for people with retros, or maybe to show if u got retros. its just a picture. who cares, nothing to loose any sleep over....
Old 11-13-2005 | 09:40 AM

then i guess you dont relize your in the 4th gen forum reading an advertisement. the question is does it belong here?? especially not even dealing with 4th gen's, or a maxima for that matter.

Quick Reply: ••ü•• What HIDs can do for you