4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Pics of totalled Max and new SE

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 09:48 PM
Doggah Bite...

Pics of totalled Max and new SE

Here's some pics of the 2nd max I've had(97SE,white/beige/auto) after a slight collision with a ditch/tree. Someone pulled out in front of me, again(read below), and when I swirved to go around them the road was wet and I slid into the ditch and hit a huge oaktree going about 55mph. I climbed out of the sunroof b/c the doors would not open but I fell off the top of the car cause my right hip was out of socket & I could not move that leg.Yes, the car was totalled...

Yeah, it was pretty F'd up. I dislocated my hip in this wreck, which was thanksgiving night, and I still walk with a limp but I consider myself lucky.

The picture of the truck is from my first Max I ever had(95GLE,white/beige/auto), got it for my b'day in June of 05', had it for 2 days and some dumba** pulls out in front of me as I'm running about 65, I tryed to swirve around and clipped back drivers corner of the 25' trailer that was hooked to the truck. The truck ended up in the opposite lane(eastbound, accident happened in westbound) on a divided highway with a grass median in the middle, and his trailer ended up about a 1/8 mile down the road on the same side as the accident happened. The truck's occupants were medivac'd(helicopter)to the hospital, and I walked away w/only a concussion. Also, I was not found a fault for either accident.

The sexy looking pic at the end is of the new ride, a 97 SE. All I can say is !FINALLY!- black interior and YES, a 5spd!!! The only 2 things I hated about my other cars was these 2 things, now my max is perfect. It is stock so far except for my so-so system(JVC HU,Pioneer 4-way mid's, 2 Memphis 15's/1000watt amp), Optima YellowTop battery & tinted windows(I think the dude said they were 35%, but they were done a week before I got the car). The last wreck got my head unit, amp wiring, blue CAI,blue neon underbody kit, & blue grounding kit, so I have had to start all over. Oh well, let the modding begin!

Gotta love full coverage insurance...
Old 01-19-2006, 09:52 PM

Love the new ride man, and sorry to hear about the wrecks, and I'm glad to hear your alright.
Old 01-19-2006, 09:53 PM

looks like you always come out of the **** smelling like a rose. you're a very luck man, man.
Old 01-19-2006, 09:53 PM

looks like you always come out of the **** smelling like a rose. you're a very luck man, man.
Old 01-19-2006, 09:54 PM

it seems like you always come out of **** piles smelling like a rose. that is a true gift. you are a very lucky person
Old 01-19-2006, 09:54 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

OUCH! Your very lucky to walk away from that. Glad your injuries were minimum. And thank god for the seatbelt and airbags. How did the truck occupants end up?

I'm glad the insurance pulled through and you got the max you always wanted. once you go 5spd you'll never go back . It looks like a very clean max, now for the fun part...start the mods!
Cheers.
Old 01-19-2006, 10:01 PM
Doggah Bite...

it depends on how you look at it I guess, if I was lucky would I be getting in these bad situations to start with? But yes I agree, I consider myself very lucky. Everyone told me Maxima's were bad luck for me and not to get another one, but I had to have another one and maybe 3rd times the charm...

as far as the other people in the truck, the passanger had a cracked pelvis and had to have her spleen removed, but she was thrown out of the truck(no seatbelt), but I think the driver was alright.
Old 01-19-2006, 10:01 PM
Doggah Bite...

it depends on how you look at it I guess, if I was lucky would I be getting in these bad situations to start with? But yes I agree, I consider myself very lucky. Everyone told me Maxima's were bad luck for me and not to get another one, but I had to have another one and maybe 3rd times the charm...

as far as the other people in the truck, the passanger had a cracked pelvis and had to have her spleen removed, but she was thrown out of the truck(no seatbelt), but I think the driver was alright.
Old 01-19-2006, 10:04 PM

I'm glad the injuries are slight after seeing the condition of that car. I wish you the best.....and congratulations on the new SE!

I'm glad the injuries are slight after seeing the condition of that car. I wish you the best.....and congratulations on the new SE!

Old 01-19-2006, 10:22 PM

next time someone pulls out in front of you, just hit the brakes instead of trying to go around them. might save yourself the trouble of finding another car that way.
Old 01-19-2006, 10:29 PM
Doggah Bite...

No dude, the brakes don't do s**t when the people are about 10 car-lengths in front of you and your doin' 55, you are not going to stop, BBK or not...
Old 01-19-2006, 10:29 PM
Doggah Bite...

No dude, the brakes don't do s**t when the people are about 10 car-lengths in front of you and your doin' 55, you are not going to stop, BBK or not...
Old 01-19-2006, 10:48 PM

happy to hear you came out alright, although it does suck to have 2 cars wrecked. good luck with modding the new 5spd

happy to hear you came out alright, although it does suck to have 2 cars wrecked. good luck with modding the new 5spd

Old 01-19-2006, 11:33 PM

Congrats..........one thing....... please do not put a neon underbody lighting kit on your Maxima. Those are just so . Trust me, your old Maxima hated it.
Old 01-20-2006, 08:24 AM
vsamoylov

let the modding begin and please no ricer mods either. yo are a lucky man though.

Old 01-20-2006, 08:30 AM
VK56 Inside

Jeez. That looks like a horrible wreck. Glad you are ok now. Good luck on the new ride.
Old 01-20-2006, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by MadMaxSE-L
if you're going to hit the other car anyway, it's better to be going slower. apparently swerving did not help you avoid these accidents, so maybe you need to rethink your accident avoidance strategy.

furthermore, whether or not your brakes will help depends on the speed of the car in front of you. i have avoided at least a dozen accidents on i75 (doing 75+) where cars pulled in front of me (we're talking MAYBE 1 full car length) by simply tapping my brakes, because the other cars were going at least 60-65 mph. at lower speeds it should be even easier, unless the other cars are doing, like, 20.

p.s. "10 car lengths" is around 100ft. your car should brake 60-0 in 130 or so, and since these people presumably aren't stopped in the middle of the road...
Old 01-20-2006, 09:56 AM
iAMIXAM!

DAMNN................. U LUCKY...lol
Old 01-20-2006, 10:03 AM

Try 15 lengths

Glad you're still in the Max camp, and nice choice with the white on black 97 SE.
Old 01-20-2006, 11:41 AM
Doggah Bite...

Originally Posted by southeast_first
if you're going to hit the other car anyway, it's better to be going slower. apparently swerving did not help you avoid these accidents, so maybe you need to rethink your accident avoidance strategy.

furthermore, whether or not your brakes will help depends on the speed of the car in front of you. i have avoided at least a dozen accidents on i75 (doing 75+) where cars pulled in front of me (we're talking MAYBE 1 full car length) by simply tapping my brakes, because the other cars were going at least 60-65 mph. at lower speeds it should be even easier, unless the other cars are doing, like, 20.

p.s. "10 car lengths" is around 100ft. your car should brake 60-0 in 130 or so, and since these people presumably aren't stopped in the middle of the road...
actually, both cars were almost stopped in the middle of the road since they PULLED RIGHT OUT IN FRONT OF ME. You just have no idea how close to these peole I was when they pulled out, it was like they didn't even look my way before gunning it. Maybe brakes would have helped in the first incident since they were going a little faster, but in the last one they had probably not even ran first gear half way up before I was at the road they pulled out of & I didn't hit them, if I had hit the brakes instead of going around I probably wold have killed them instead of just F'ing up my car
Old 01-20-2006, 12:02 PM

I might have missed it, but was that first max wreck out on the north end of 98? Looks kind of like it in the pics - but it is hard to tell. Or is that just a section of I-4?
Old 01-20-2006, 12:05 PM
Doggah Bite...

no, actually it was on the section of SR60 that goes in between SR39(Plant City) & Countyline Road(Lakeland)
Old 01-20-2006, 12:10 PM

no, actually it was on the section of SR60 that goes in between SR39(Plant City) & Countyline Road(Lakeland)
Think I know where you are talking about.

Sorry about the max, congrats on the new one, glad you're OK... relatively speaking.
Old 01-20-2006, 12:15 PM

actually, both cars were almost stopped in the middle of the road since they PULLED RIGHT OUT IN FRONT OF ME. You just have no idea how close to these peole I was when they pulled out, it was like they didn't even look my way before gunning it. Maybe brakes would have helped in the first incident since they were going a little faster, but in the last one they had probably not even ran first gear half way up before I was at the road they pulled out of & I didn't hit them, if I had hit the brakes instead of going around I probably wold have killed them instead of just F'ing up my car
ok, i said that the situation was different if they were stopped or going very slowly. chill. my point is, when you get into basically the same accident TWICE, you need to reevaluate what you can do to avoid it should that situation some up again.
Old 01-20-2006, 12:26 PM

First off southeast stop bashing the man on his braking habbits and congratulate him on still being a alive. the nerve of some people

Madmax i know where you are talking about i have family that lives in Lakeland. I have seen people pull out in front of my cousin when we were driving around town it is f'ed up she has nearly totaled her new car a couple of times (thats how she totaled her old cars)

Best of luck with the new one im jealous of the the Black int. I have a white w/beige 5sp.

B
Old 01-20-2006, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by NissanMan97
First off southeast stop bashing the man on his braking habbits and congratulate him on still being a alive. the nerve of some people

Madmax i know where you are talking about i have family that lives in Lakeland. I have seen people pull out in front of my cousin when we were driving around town it is f'ed up she has nearly totaled her new car a couple of times (thats how she totaled her old cars)

Best of luck with the new one im jealous of the the Black int. I have a white w/beige 5sp.

B
congratulate him? look i'm glad the guy's not dead, and it sucks that this **** happened, i wouldn't wish that on anyone, but like i've said TWICE, when you get into the same accident (TWICE) you need to think about your driving habits. i'm from south florida and go to school in gainesville, i've driven like 15,000 miles since i got my car, all in florida, and i've avoided every single near-accident i've come across. it's not like every horrible driver targets the original poster, they are EVERYWHERE, and he's absolutely right, they drive like they have no concern for the fact that they are driving a 3000 lb+ machine that could KILL you. but if someone else pulls out in front of him and he can avoid the accident and stay alive AGAIN by hitting the brakes this time... then jesus i should hope someone reminds of him of it so he will.
Old 01-20-2006, 12:41 PM
Doggah Bite...

Originally Posted by NissanMan97

B
-Yeah, we do have some s***y drivers around here, plus so many ppl are moving here it is getting overcrowded.

-I think white maximas look mean as hell, and the blk. int. just sets it off alot better.

-Just can't say enough about the 5spd though...
Old 01-20-2006, 12:48 PM
Doggah Bite...

congratulate him? look i'm glad the guy's not dead, and it sucks that this **** happened, i wouldn't wish that on anyone, but like i've said TWICE, when you get into the same accident (TWICE) you need to think about your driving habits. i'm from south florida and go to school in gainesville, i've driven like 15,000 miles since i got my car, all in florida, and i've avoided every single near-accident i've come across. it's not like every horrible driver targets the original poster, they are EVERYWHERE, and he's absolutely right, they drive like they have no concern for the fact that they are driving a 3000 lb+ machine that could KILL you. but if someone else pulls out in front of him and he can avoid the accident and stay alive AGAIN by hitting the brakes this time... then jesus i should hope someone reminds of him of it so he will.
It wasn't the SAME ACCIDENT, not even close. The speed of both vehicles in either incident, types of roads, locations, 1day/1night, and several other factors all contribute to these two accidents being VERY DIFFERENT from each other. Your darting around on the interstate is completely irrelevant to my situations, and to be honest I wasn't looking for your congratulations or your advice in the first place
Old 01-21-2006, 04:52 PM

that poor poor car
Old 01-21-2006, 06:13 PM

Is it me or do you have bad luck with white Maxs? Maybe you should have chose a different color..... Glad you're okay though, you know you could have have ended up 6 feet under.... So any day above ground is good.... I have a white 99 SE 5 speed myself.... Good luck with THIS ONE....
Old 01-22-2006, 12:15 AM

It wasn't the SAME ACCIDENT, not even close. The speed of both vehicles in either incident, types of roads, locations, 1day/1night, and several other factors all contribute to these two accidents being VERY DIFFERENT from each other. Your darting around on the interstate is completely irrelevant to my situations, and to be honest I wasn't looking for your congratulations or your advice in the first place
hey, thanks for getting all defensive when i wasn't insulting you. jesus.

honestly dude, vehicle pulls in front of you, you swerve and crash, happens more than once, that's the same accident. i'm aware that the circumstances aren't EXACTLY the same, i'm not ****ing stupid.

and don't try to paint me into being the bad driver here. i don't speed, i don't tailgate, i use my turn signals, whatever, and moreover i don't get into accidents i can avoid. i KNOW how people drive around here, i've been in some absolutely heart-stopping situations, and i've yet to be in an accident; maybe yours were avoidable, maybe not, but stop trying to play the victim like i couldn't possibly understand how bad drivers are just targeting you or something, that's bs.

my first post was partially joking, but just an innocent suggestion for the most part, and your being defensive is just making you look bad. i'll stand by what i said, though: swerving isn't really working for you, so, worst case scenario, hit the damn brakes and have practically the same accident 20mph slower. no one is going to die in a straight-on rear end collision at 35mph unless one of you is in a pinto.

p.s. the "congratulations" bit was brought up by the poster i QUOTED there. i never said you were looking for my congratulations. reading comprehension > you.
Old 01-22-2006, 05:43 AM
be the change u want2C

damn that metal bends like its aluminum foil. good your ok though
Old 01-22-2006, 08:51 AM

dude you totaled that thing to death, u cant even swap anything from it. dude you monster driver.
Old 01-22-2006, 01:45 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

hey, thanks for getting all defensive when i wasn't insulting you. jesus.

honestly dude, vehicle pulls in front of you, you swerve and crash, happens more than once, that's the same accident. i'm aware that the circumstances aren't EXACTLY the same, i'm not ****ing stupid.

and don't try to paint me into being the bad driver here. i don't speed, i don't tailgate, i use my turn signals, whatever, and moreover i don't get into accidents i can avoid. i KNOW how people drive around here, i've been in some absolutely heart-stopping situations, and i've yet to be in an accident; maybe yours were avoidable, maybe not, but stop trying to play the victim like i couldn't possibly understand how bad drivers are just targeting you or something, that's bs.

my first post was partially joking, but just an innocent suggestion for the most part, and your being defensive is just making you look bad. i'll stand by what i said, though: swerving isn't really working for you, so, worst case scenario, hit the damn brakes and have practically the same accident 20mph slower. no one is going to die in a straight-on rear end collision at 35mph unless one of you is in a pinto.

p.s. the "congratulations" bit was brought up by the poster i QUOTED there. i never said you were looking for my congratulations. reading comprehension > you.
Holy sh**! I'm sure the last thing this guy (and everyone else here) wants to hear is this BS! Accidents happen. You don't need to keep dragging this on. Just end it.
Old 01-22-2006, 02:28 PM

i'd be glad to if he would chill the hell out and take my post at face value, rather than getting all butthurt over it.
Old 01-22-2006, 02:32 PM

My car looked almost exactly like that after my wreck, except the tree was on the driver side. I also went from auto to 5spd, its a great change, isnt it!!