4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Alarm mod, different idea

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 03:45 PM

Well if you checked both fuses and they are fine then check the power to the bcm as frodo said. Try putting a meter on the wires and press the lock. If there's no power then the buzzer's probably gone. I did it today and everything worked fine now. I actually got a different buzzey so it beeps twice on each flash (:beep beep:, :beep beep: ) Haha I don't know why I put that. So anyways...if the fuses are good its either the buzzer, bcm or mcr. Not sure how to test the bcm or mcr tho.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:16 PM
scoobystoned...

Originally Posted by Ms. Harden
Yeah when I read it this morning I realized I did that. My bad.
its all good no prob

for those of you wiring these up, there are three orange/green wires. wire the positive buzzer wire to one of those. wire the negative buzzer wire to the orange wire for ground.
this involves using no relay. it worked perfectly for me.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:24 PM

Hey frodo how'd you hook up yours outside? I ran man to the back of the plate and appoxied it to the bumper. But I was thinking that that may be why the buzzer arn't loud enough. I got a higher db buzzer and it seemed quiter once I attached it....
Old 03-17-2006, 10:49 PM
scoobystoned...

hmm. i bolted mine into that styrofome that is under the bumper. it holds it really securley and i just have the standard 86 db buzzer and it is loud enough 4 me.
Old 03-18-2006, 04:45 PM

Yeah I was right, The BCM(orange) wire only gets power when you press the fob. Go ahead and try another buzzer and see what happens.
Old 03-18-2006, 06:43 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

a little off topic.. but.. what actually sets off the OEM alarm? i've only had mine go off ONCE and im not sure what I did to trigger it!?
Old 10-20-2006, 01:24 PM

well there's a panic button on your remote. uhm if the windows are down & the alarm is engaged & you unlock the door by reaching your hand into the car and flipping the lock open. i found that if the alarm is engaged and your hood is only latched on the first click, not completely closed & you open the hood the alarm goes off. i'm sure if someone busted the window it would go off... or at least when they opened the door. at any rate, just did this mod it wasn't too bad at all. i fed the spare wire thru a plug in the trunk, and just screwed the buzzer into that styrofoam. i tried it inside the car w/the 86dB buzzer, simply was not loud enough at all. i wish it was a little louder, because when you're at the front of the vehicle it's a little difficult to hear. i really don't want to run a buncha wire upto the front of the vehicle to have another buzzer... would you run it thru the inside of the car?!? at any rate, glad i did this, it was a nice little addition. oh and i didn't use that extra relay either, just took the red wire & hooked it to the green/orange and the black wire to the orange one off the brown relay. very easy, tapping into those two wires worked perfectly. highly recommended!
Old 10-20-2006, 01:30 PM

2 buzzers will not sound togather, you will get 2 different pitches & completely separtate sounds. I tried it. May be if you use the exact same amount of wire from your source to the sounders.

Originally Posted by arrrghhh
well there's a panic button on your remote. uhm if the
windows are down & the alarm is engaged & you unlock the door by reaching your hand into the car and flipping the lock open. i found that if the alarm is engaged and your hood is only latched on the first click, not completely closed & you open the hood the alarm goes off. i'm sure if someone busted the window it would go off... or at least when they opened the door. at any rate, just did this mod it wasn't too bad at all. i fed the spare wire thru a plug in the trunk, and just screwed the buzzer into that styrofoam. i tried it inside the car w/the 86dB buzzer, simply was not loud enough at all. i wish it was a little louder, because when you're at the front of the vehicle it's a little difficult to hear. i really don't want to run a buncha wire upto the front of the vehicle to have another buzzer... would you run it thru the inside of the car?!? at any rate, glad i did this, it was a nice little addition. oh and i didn't use that extra relay either, just took the red wire & hooked it to the green/orange and the black wire to the orange one off the brown relay. very easy, tapping into those two wires worked perfectly. highly recommended!
Old 10-20-2006, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by ryant35
2 buzzers will not sound togather, you will get 2 different pitches & completely separtate sounds. I tried it. May be if you use the exact same amount of wire from your source to the sounders.

exact same amount of wire from source to sounders? that... would... be... ridiculous!

besides, i was quoting aznprid972

Originally Posted by aznprid972
What I did to make mine louder was I placed my buzzer underneath the car right behind the back bumper. You would noticed that there is that styrofoam (sp?) piece behind the bumper and I just screwed the buzzer in place there. I also ran another one to the front of the car under the engine bay so I have 2. That way I can really hear it from the front of the car and the back.
he says that he ran one up front, so this is what i was referring to. BTW, aznprid972, do your buzzers make different pitches at different times? thanks.
Old 10-21-2006, 04:44 AM

I always wished it was possible to invent that security system batman had in the second movie... or was it third?
Old 10-21-2006, 07:22 AM
Donating i30 Owner

i plan on puttin gairhorns inside hte car... so who ever breaks in will go deaf.... ofcourse wires ot a seperate battery... = )