4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

O2 Sensors, 0303, and location

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 05:59 PM
Cookin' with Gas!

O2 Sensors, 0303, and location

Today my CEL came on which is great because my car has been running like crap and I have been searching for a reason why. The code was 0303 which I found the information for in the stickies. Can anyone give me a better idea of where to locate it under the car before I tackle this job in the dark tonight.

Diagnostic Trouble Code 0303 indicates a problem with the front Oxygen Sensor on the left cylinder bank. The left bank is also called the front bank. It is cylinders 2,4,6. A normal signal sweeps back and forth between 0.2 volts and 0.8 volts. This malfunction was detected when the Engine Control Module received a signal from the sensor which was a constant value of approximately 0.3 volts.

Possible causes include ...
- Harness or connectors (the sensor circuit is open or shorted).
- Defective Oxygen Sensor
Old 03-23-2006, 06:07 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by goobergo
Today my CEL came on which is great because my car has been running like crap and I have been searching for a reason why. The code was 0303 which I found the information for in the stickies. Can anyone give me a better idea of where to locate it under the car before I tackle this job in the dark tonight.
Front O2 sensor or the one causing your cel is the one closest to the radiator. You are lucky the rear O2 sensor near the firewall is a bi*ch to replace.