4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Those with new Altezzas, please help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2001, 11:45 AM

I went to instal mine and in a rash to hurry up I unpacked everything and seperated the harnesses out. I got the installed and now my backup lights don't work...keeps blowing fuses. Plus, my side blinkers where those small wedge bulbs are don't blink. Now, I am not sure if they were supposed to blink or not. But the only time that they are on is when the headlights are on and they are dim. They look good, I just thought they were supposed to blink.

I need help because I keep blowing fuses on my backup light switch. I am begining to think that the order in which those harnesses were packed was important and I screwed it up by unpacking it all. Can someone please tell me if they were specific to each lense, or not. Also, what about that side small, wedge bulb light. Is it supposed to blink?

I need help!

SHUMAX
Old 06-13-2001, 02:14 PM

I don't know the answer to your questions, but can you take a picute of the back of your car and post it. I think a lot of people would like to see what the Altezzas look like on the Maxima. Thanks.
Old 06-13-2001, 02:24 PM
Administrator

i answered your question in the general forum
Old 06-13-2001, 06:14 PM

Fuses are not blown

The bulbs in mine had a very sensitive fit into the socket--you are going to have to play around with the bulbs a bit until they fit right...make sure you are also puting the 1156 and the 1157 bulbs in the appropriate spots too. As for the wedge bulb--I had some red ones of the same size that I put into the place of the clear OEM bulbs.[by the way they DO NOT blink] By the way, I'll post pics of the Altezza's Friday when I get back from a day trip tomorrow.Later & Good Luck!

Jeremiah
1995 Maxima SE w/Stillen Kit/1999 Conversion/Altezzas/too many mods to list
Old 06-13-2001, 06:23 PM

Fixed...pics tomorrow.

The 'Big day,' eh? That would be March 9th of next year. I am from Cleveland and she is from Chicago. We both work for the same company and met there. I am sure one of us will have to quit though

The car? Well she hates the mods I put on the thing. About the only thing that she likes is the window tint because the car is cooler...girls

The wiring sequence? Man this is tough to describe. There is a receptacle that houses two bulbs a 1156 and a 1157. The 1157 is dual filament for the brake lights. When you hooked the one harnes up to the brake/backup light on the trunk it would blow fuses and make the lights REAL dimm. The altezza on the far sides near the bumper used a harness that looked EXACTLY like the altezza that is on the inside..mounted on the trunk lid that I mentioned above. I ran some power with my multimeter through it and determined that the power was flowing differently through two of the harnesses. From that I deduced that there were 2 harnesses for two of the altezzas and two for the other two altezzas. I tried it the way I thought it might work and it blew a fuse AGAIN. I switched and it guess what? They worked!

Lesson? Don't hurry on that project. The harness that is packed with each altezza unit is specific to that unit. They may not look any dirrerent, but run some power through them and see what happens.
Old 06-13-2001, 06:30 PM

Originally posted by shumax
I went to instal mine and in a rash to hurry up I unpacked everything and seperated the harnesses out. I got the installed and now my backup lights don't work...keeps blowing fuses. Plus, my side blinkers where those small wedge bulbs are don't blink. Now, I am not sure if they were supposed to blink or not. But the only time that they are on is when the headlights are on and they are dim. They look good, I just thought they were supposed to blink.

I need help because I keep blowing fuses on my backup light switch. I am begining to think that the order in which those harnesses were packed was important and I screwed it up by unpacking it all. Can someone please tell me if they were specific to each lense, or not. Also, what about that side small, wedge bulb light. Is it supposed to blink?

I need help!

SHUMAX
ok...the little bulb that came with the light does not blink...with the oem taillight it was to light up the reflector on the side....and from what i remember all four harness that are provided are the same....one socket has three wires and the other had two wires....the three wire socket is for the dual filament bulb...the actual break light...lights up when ur lights are on and gets brighter when u apply the brake....the socket with two wires are for reverse and turn/hazard...as for installation....on the outer taillight it does not matter if u put the dual filament bulb on top or bottom cuz it's all red anyway...but for the inner taillight the dual filament bulb is to go on the bottom because it is use to the breaklight...problem with blown fuse.....make sure the contact on the wire for each socket is not touching....this creates a short and blow ur fuse...if ur turn/hazard light don't work then under ur steering wheel pull the cover and there should be one fuse for hazard and another for turn...this goes the same for reverse light and breaklight....hope all these info help....
Old 06-13-2001, 10:54 PM

Just curious

Why are they called "Altezzas" and not "GT-Rs"?
Old 06-13-2001, 11:46 PM

Err I feared the day these things came out!