4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Stereo question, I have no rca outputs. Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2001, 01:16 PM

I'm going back to a factory stereo because I like the idea of having a cd/tape, in addition, I got my window busted out three times because of people wanting my old cd player( I had the thing bolted).

My question is, where should I put the line/rca converter? I only plan to hook up a pair of subs so I'm only gonna use one rca output converter and the radio will power the smaller speakers. Will plugging the converter to any speaker line rob that speaker of power? In other words, if I use the speaker line will that one speaker sound weaker than the others?

Ps. To what should I patch the remote wire to? BTW, I already have my amp on a Sony ES headunit so I don't need help with the wiring of the Amp.
Old 06-13-2001, 02:26 PM

Originally posted by nelzavala
I'm going back to a factory stereo because I like the idea of having a cd/tape, in addition, I got my window busted out three times because of people wanting my old cd player( I had the thing bolted).

My question is, where should I put the line/rca converter? I only plan to hook up a pair of subs so I'm only gonna use one rca output converter and the radio will power the smaller speakers. Will plugging the converter to any speaker line rob that speaker of power? In other words, if I use the speaker line will that one speaker sound weaker than the others?

Ps. To what should I patch the remote wire to? BTW, I already have my amp on a Sony ES headunit so I don't need help with the wiring of the Amp.
Okay so I just did the same exact thing almost... I installed an amp amp and currently have 2 mb quart 6x9's and 1 12" sub. Would you can do is, get a speaker level input to rca converter. Use the back speaker inputs that go to the rear deck and convert them to rca. plug the rca inputs into the amp.. ( you might need to get a 2 rca ---> 4 rca converter if you have 2 subs) and bridge the rear deck speaker with the wires from the deck.

This is my suggestion.... the rear deck speakers dont need alot of power.... but I have mine set up a little different. But if you DIY you can re work it however you want.

- Mike
Old 06-13-2001, 03:30 PM

power loss from the patch?

Thanks, for the info. But my main concern is: if I patch my speaker level converter to the speaker line will I have one speaker putting out less power than the others?