4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Michelin Pilot Exalto A/S

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 06:02 PM

Michelin Pilot Exalto A/S

Anyone tried these tires? The reviews on Tirerack look very good, but would like some real life Maxima forum experience. I'm running Michelin MXV4 Plus on stock SE rims. There is one thread in the Tires and Wheels section, but not much action on it. Was curious about handling and noise characteristics.
Old 04-26-2006, 07:22 PM

I have not had a set but a friend does on an Acura TL and really likes them. Handling is great. I don't know how noise is, since the TL really muffles noise well. The Tirerack review looks amazing.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:40 PM

I noticed these when a friend needed to replace his Altima OEMs. He ended up going for some locally stocked tire type though.

While the reviews should probably be taken with a large lump of salt (considering some of the reviews I've seen there...), the Exalto does indeed seem to be a good all-around tire choice.

If you get them, let us know how you like them! I've got the MXV4+ on my 98SE, so I would particularly like to hear how you like the Exalto over MXV4+. (Acutally, how do you presently like your MXV4+ tires? Just curious)
Old 04-27-2006, 07:39 AM
Boosted Panda

Originally Posted by goldmax
Anyone tried these tires? The reviews on Tirerack look very good, but would like some real life Maxima forum experience. I'm running Michelin MXV4 Plus on stock SE rims. There is one thread in the Tires and Wheels section, but not much action on it. Was curious about handling and noise characteristics.

You may find some info in here,..
http://forums.maxima.org/forumdisplay.php?f=71
Old 04-27-2006, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by DanMaxima
I noticed these when a friend needed to replace his Altima OEMs. He ended up going for some locally stocked tire type though.

While the reviews should probably be taken with a large lump of salt (considering some of the reviews I've seen there...), the Exalto does indeed seem to be a good all-around tire choice.

If you get them, let us know how you like them! I've got the MXV4+ on my 98SE, so I would particularly like to hear how you like the Exalto over MXV4+. (Acutally, how do you presently like your MXV4+ tires? Just curious)
The MXV4+s are good tires. I normally have been getting 45K out of each set. Could easily get more, but I don't like to wear them down to the built in indicators. They handle well in dry and wet, and ride pretty well. These stay fairly well balanced, although I actually expected a little better balance out of a Michelin. I have the tire shop use the road force balancing machine, but still seem to get some vibration at higher speeds. I've gone thru two sets of them, and have been pretty happy, but would be intersted in trying out a more modern tire. The MXV4+ design is getting pretty old. I still want a quiet and smooth riding tire, so I'm a little hesitant about running the Exalto. One tire shop here recommended going back to the MXV4+ another time when I replace tires, but this time get a V rated version since it has softer rubber and will ride better. Don't know if that's true, but it sounds reasonable.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Flava_24/7
You may find some info in here,..
http://forums.maxima.org/forumdisplay.php?f=71
Thanks. I tagged on to an existing thread in that forum, but no one has tried them yet.